• Before posting anything about the COVID-19 virus, please read this first Click Here

COVID-19 Severe travel restrictions for all the little people .Ryan Tubridys rich singing pals are exempt .

The Field Marshal

PI Member
Turn on rte LATE LATE SHOW 22/5/20 and you will see this man Daniel O,Donnel +wife who travelled hundreds of kilometres to sing and work on the Late Late show.
They are not classified as essential workers as far as I know.

Are we all been made fools of by this govt owned media station?

Last edited:
OP
The Field Marshal

The Field Marshal

PI Member
I understand actor Jeremy Irons is due also to appear.
Whether he too travels hundreds of kilometres to Dublin from his fortified castle by the sea remains to be seen

OP
The Field Marshal

The Field Marshal

PI Member
Mr Irons in fairness abides by the govt travel restrictions and is being interviewed from his fortress in west cork.

Maybe I have it all wrong and entertainer O Donnel and wife are allowed travel 100,s of kms to work singing and prattling for money on the gov tv network.

Any thoughts anybody ?

Wagmore

PI Member
Mr Irons in fairness abides by the govt travel restrictions and is being interviewed from his fortress in west cork.

Maybe I have it all wrong and entertainer O Donnel and wife are allowed travel 100,s of kms to work singing and prattling for money on the gov tv network.

Any thoughts anybody ?
I wish they were allowed travel further. ...much further

whyfillaw

PI Member
O'Donnell and his annoying wife seem to be on every second week. Can RTE not branch out`a bit and get some decent guests on?
real talent is "Expensive" but a "Fake Happy Couple" with no talent come cheap .There is "something unreal" about these two ,after all it took 25 years for Philip Schofield to come out , even Michael Barrymore was married to someone for "appearances and managing his career" while he had a career.I choose not to watch Dudsey Baloney "fake carry on," to hear his voice on the wireless is more my ears can stand so I choose to listen to something else instead.

Limekiln

PI Member
real talent is "Expensive" but a "Fake Happy Couple" with no talent come cheap .There is "something unreal" about these two ,after all it took 25 years for Philip Schofield to come out , even Michael Barrymore was married to someone for "appearances and managing his career" while he had a career.I choose not to watch Dudsey Baloney "fake carry on," to hear his voice on the wireless is more my ears can stand so I choose to listen to something else instead.
Yeah, I can't stand Tupperware. There's someone in the house who watches every week so I often catch bits here and there. It is very strange, the way in which these people become household names.

O'Donnell has at least carved out some sort of career for himself, but what has his wife done? I know she had cancer a while back, but does that really merit the amount of airtime the national broadcaster gives her?

OP
The Field Marshal

The Field Marshal

PI Member
I wish they were allowed travel further. ...much further
What concerns me is that RTÉ are seen as an essential forum for entertainment whilst theatres are shut down.

If Daniel and his wife had travelled hundreds of kilometers to a do a paid televised gig in Dublin’s Gaity theatre without an audience it would be the same thing.

Daniels wife is not an entertainer and the whole ugly spectacle of Tubridy and this crowd smacks of the very worst elitism.

If Daniel + wife can break travel restrictions to sing for their supper in Dublin at a venue then so should every other entertainer .

Colonel Zachariah

PI Member
DOD's married? nearly as shocking as finding out Phillip Schofield was married...

Medb

PI Member
Turn on rte LATE LATE SHOW 22/5/20 and you will see this man +wife who travelled hundreds of kilometres to sing and work on the Late Late show.
They are not classified as essential workers as far as I know.

Are we all been made fools of by this govt owned media station?

On the subejct of restrictions......

Are we really restricted? Can you or anybody else on this site enlighten me as to my rights under the constitution. Surely I can go anywhere I like under the constitution and have the right to meet up with as many people as I want.

Any legal eagles here?

OP
The Field Marshal

The Field Marshal

PI Member
On the subejct of restrictions......

Are we really restricted? Can you or anybody else on this site enlighten me as to my rights under the constitution. Surely I can go anywhere I like under the constitution and have the right to meet up with as many people as I want.

Any legal eagles here?
All non essential workers are limited to a 2 km proposed to be increased to 5 /20km travel restriction.
If you have to travel a bit further then it can only be for food or medical reasons.

The stage performer ODonnel + wife publicly admitted they travelled from Donegal to RTÉ Dublin studio to do a performance on the Late Late Show.

Under the Covid 19 legislation singers like ODonnel and talkers like his wife are not essential workers.

RTÉ does not have liberty either to designate them as such

So it’s one law for the rich and well connected in RTÉ and quite quite another for the ordinary citizen threatened with Garda arrest should a member of the force decide the travel ban is being flouted.

Last edited:
Top Bottom