• Before posting anything about the COVID-19 virus, please read this first Click Here

COVID 19 - Alt Views Self Declaration Mask Exemption Letter

Charlottesweb

PI Member
The SI clearly states that you don't have to wear a mask if you have a reasonable excuse for not wearing one. A reasonable excuse can include hyperventilation caused by the stress of wearing a mask, a heart condition or respiratory illness, distress,.........there's a myriad of medical conditions that could be exacerbated by wearing a mask.

A shopkeeper/supermarket manager can challenge you, but a simple polite response informing them that you cannot wear a mask will be met with an "OK". They cannot demand personal information from you, only recommend that you wear a mask.

In this instance, the law is clearly an ass. In all likelihood most people recognize that, but most people either don't know/understand the law or are simply afraid of straying from the herd.
I agree with you that the legislation says you do not have to wear a mask in the above situations. That exemption protects you from prosecution under the covid legislation but it does not force any shop to serve you. The shopkeeper can ask the info from you but you do not have to provide it but there is a risk that you will not be allowed entry, rightly or wrongly.

I agree with you that the law is an ass in this case, as to my mind, it's not very clear. It needs to be clarified by the courts i think.

OP
I

IrishJohn

PI Member
I agree with you that the legislation says you do not have to wear a mask in the above situations. That exemption protects you from prosecution under the covid legislation but it does not force any shop to serve you. The shopkeeper can ask the info from you but you do not have to provide it but there is a risk that you will not be allowed entry, rightly or wrongly.

I agree with you that the law is an ass in this case, as to my mind, it's not very clear. It needs to be clarified by the courts i think.

If a shopkeeper is so frightened of people coming into their shop then they shouldn't open in the first place.

Mask wearing has not stopped covid "cases" going up and up.

Charlottesweb

PI Member
If a shopkeeper is so frightened of people coming into their shop then they shouldn't open in the first place.

Mask wearing has not stopped covid "cases" going up and up.
Shopkeepers need to earn a living.

Nobody ever claimed masks are a cure

political-animal

PI Member
Charlottesweb said:
You are the one telling lies now.

Natural immunity is not proven science by any stretch. Even your own article above indicates that you can catch it a second time albeit it will be a "pretty mild or asymptomatic infection". Catching it a second time clearly means there is no immunity, just that the infrction is likely to be less severe. Further to that, as I showed, the latest research says that it is not always mild/asymptomatic the second time out.
Displaying your total and laughable ignorance on this subject again Charlotte.
That is how the immune system works.
You have to catch the disease for a second time for your immune response to be activated.
Did you think immunity forms a magical barrier around the subject? :LOL:
Still waiting for an answer here Charlie..........

roc_

PI Member
Two guesses where these idiot kids got their pernicious ideas about claiming "medical exemption" and so on. :mad:

OP
I

IrishJohn

PI Member
Two guesses where these idiot kids got their pernicious ideas about claiming "medical exemption" and so on. :mad:

Fair play to the kids for standing up for their rights.

The Potato Mystic

PI Member
If you want to directly challenge the mask mandate, have sympathetic legal expertise on hand, go maskless in groups and prepare for aggravation - both legal and media. But doing that will launch your artillery barrage.

Going in on your own is a gesture you may want to make for your own worth. Isolated, solo runs don't really have a wider impact though.

And don't go in there looking nervous and criminal-like. I see these English guys and gals, hunched over their trolley, recording themselves like they've just escaped from prison. Go in there bold and proud -- or don't bother.

There's a danger though with mask activism. It's a clever, nasty trick these mask mandates. People get really absorbed into mask bickering - because that's a physical tyranny imposed upon their person - but getting unduly absorbed in that is less energy directed against the tyrants themselves.

RealMcCoy

PI Member
Fair play to the kids for standing up for their rights.
Is it really that hard to give the benefit of the doubt and throw on a mask for two or three minutes?

But no, if you put on a mask the lizard people will be riding you up the hole the next day. Fucking spas

RealMcCoy

PI Member
I'm sure the lads were only thinking about their rights. Dutch man is their new hero.

Couldn't be arsed because they're scumbags is a small bit more likely.

OP
I

IrishJohn

PI Member
Is it really that hard to give the benefit of the doubt and throw on a mask for two or three minutes?

But no, if you put on a mask the lizard people will be riding you up the hole the next day. Fucking spas
It is for me I can't wear one for even 2 minutes but even if I was able to wear a mask I wouldn't because it normalises this bullshit.

Top Bottom