Political Irish | The Irish Politics & Current Affairs Website

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Before posting anything about the COVID-19 virus, please read this first Click Here

Schools set to be closed for 1 more week

OP
Rick

Rick

Administrator
More kneejerk bullshit from the plebs running this kip.

Even the English primary schools are reopening on Monday...
Some are, some are not. It seems the level 4 lockdown will restrict them in those areas.

It seems fairly stupid to me though, I don't see how children are more protected in primary schools when compared to secondary. Either they are both safe or they are not.

TW Tone

PI Member
Some are, some are not. It seems the level 4 lockdown will restrict them in those areas.

It seems fairly stupid to me though, I don't see how children are more protected in primary schools when compared to secondary. Either they are both safe or they are not.

Never occurred to you that it is the teachers and ancillary staff who need protection?

Wolf

PI Member
Never occurred to you that it is the teachers and ancillary staff who need protection?
From what?

Remember that old nonsense about asymptomatic spread accounting for 80%+ of cases?

A pile of shite according to the BMJ.

Have a read of this article, it's very enlightening......

Apparently yesterday we were told schools were safer than community locations.

Schools shouldn't be closed for an extra week
Sorry, apparently the virus has evolved to be immune to masks, social distancing and hand sanitizer. But on the 11th of January, it will have changed it's mind.

Don't they have protections in place though? We were informed that a school was the least likely place for a person to contract covid. Schools are restricted with regard to anyone other than staff and students entering the building. Students wear masks, sterilize their hands regularly, are mainly confined to one desk in their main classroom, which they have to sterilize on a regular basis. If they move to another room for a different class, they have to sterilize their workspace. Teachers in secondary have the option to have a two-meter space between themselves and students in the class. Windows are open for ventilation. We were informed primary children were minimal vectors. If it's a problem with primary schools, close primary schools but leave secondary open.

Top Bottom