Saturday 12 September - Meetings at Leinster House, Custom House and GPO

DrPat2

PI Member
This will be a fairly long OP but bear with me.

There appears to be a three-way tussle for people who want to express their annoyance at the current state of affairs by attending a protest meeting.

This coming Saturday 12 September there are three protests organised and there seems to be some disquiet at what is going on.

Many are tweeting about a protest to be held on Saturday outside Leinster House to protest the lockdown.

According to tweeters this meeting was planned before the latest one organised by Yellow Vest Ireland

However, again according to posts on social media Yellow Vest Ireland, following their successful meeting on August 22 decided to hold another one, also on Sept 12.

This has needless to say caused controversy.

Glenn Miller of Yellow Vest Ireland has taken to facebook to seek to put distance between YVI and Gemma O'Doherty and Antifa. He agrees with Antifa that there is no place for racism in Ireland and it must be stamped out. He says YVI are neither right, left or centre just citizens concerned about their constitutional rights and makes a request that everybody all get along and unite to protest against the Government. All Nationalities are welcome to YVI protests and to bring their flags.

However there is a lot of ongoing comment on their facebook page posts as to why there are two separate protests on Saturday.

Meanwhile there is a "Defend Public Health Socially Distanced Rally'" being promoted by 'United Against Racism' at the GPO at 1pm

Paul Murphy TD has tweeted in support of it.

Last edited:

An Fiach Ban

Donator
PI Member
Yellow Vests at the Custom House

Lefties at GPO

Anti-Lockdown Protest at the Dáil

I can't see the Lefties staying at the GPO. They will want to disrupt either the YV protest or the Chopper one.
The Lefties real enemies are the protestors at the Dáil, odds are they will make their way there.

Clarke-Connolly

PI Member
Yellow Vests at the Custom House

Lefties at GPO

Anti-Lockdown Protest at the Dáil

I can't see the Lefties staying at the GPO. They will want to disrupt either the YV protest or the Chopper one.
The Lefties are getting Put on their Arses ~ ~ They liked being the Bullies = = Not so good when Fine Men and Fine Women stand up to them.

OP
D

DrPat2

PI Member
Is this a case of YVI trying to ride the momentum from rally on Aug 22 and keep it with 'citizens concerned about their constitutional rights' rather than let it be utilised by others including some of a more traditional nationalist hue?

Clarke-Connolly

PI Member
I'll try and take them all in

I think it's a mistake to have two though

ANTIFA will be looking for Blood after the hiding they got the last time....
Do the Classic Pincer Manoeuvre on the Antifa Scum = = Beat them from Two Sides.

Imperator Scotorum

PI Member
It’s disappointing to see disunity among the anti-lockdown side but this is entirely the fault of Glenn Miller and the Yellow Vests. I won’t be able to make it on Saturday but those at the Dáil will have my support. Comparing the crowd sizes will be interesting.
The Lefties real enemies are the protestors at the Dáil, odds are they will make their way there.
It would be safer for them to go to the Custom House instead, the people who kicked their arses last time are hardcore nationalists and most of them will be at the Dáil.

FightingForTheBull

PI Member
Is this a case of YVI trying to ride the momentum from rally on Aug 22 and keep it with 'citizens concerned about their constitutional rights' rather than let it be utilised by others including some of a more traditional nationalist hue?
Yellow Vests are now and have always been wank chancers.

Top Bottom