• Before posting anything about the COVID-19 virus, please read this first Click Here

RTE publishes list of top earners

jpc

PI Member
May 7, 2018
The salary is so high it moves them into the elite and that is on purpose. As members of the elites they give the elite pov which suits the other higher ups in the country fine.

A publicly funded broadcaster should never pay anyone over 100kpa, that should be the limit. Then we would still get great talented people but they would also have a lot more in common with the bulk of the people listening which is the way it should be for a public service. If by doing so we lose tubs, duffy and the rest then my heart will be just broken but if i manage to stave off an anguished urge to do seppuko on myself i will live fine with it.
Very good observation.
The fear of loosing out on that kind of money would definitely help you favor certain outlooks.

jpc

PI Member
May 7, 2018
When McSavage did his Joe Duffy sketch of him in a gimp outfit getting off on all the misery of his callers, Duffy was enraged and refused to speak to him when they bumped into each other at RTE. Likewise Plank attacked McSavage for making him out to be a Robot.
To prick an inflated ego means getting burned by the escaping hot air.

Last edited:

gijoe

PI Member
Nov 19, 2019
I guess there are very few in RTE on less than €40k because they surely would have voted for it. There is probably even an Executive Facility Hygiene Manager (janitor) on six figures! I guess they will just have to go with the begging bowl to the government for the €8million per year. And of course they can point to their sterling parroting of the government message during the pandemic and that they can be relied upon to continually berate the 'right-wing' in Ireland as great value for money for the government.

Top Bottom