Rte promoting a new Irish Pro refugee/immigrant crime drama show.

Threads
Someone should write a script about that!!! If Roddy Doyle was any bloody good he'd do something with this story, seriously - these guys are insanely parasitic and devious beyond belief. Oh and I nearly forgot - victims of racism too!
Roddy is fully on board with "the Project", I remember reading a Star called Henry, which was about the Rising and War of Independence, and he managed to imply the city had some sort of Chinese population, and Nationalism equals isolationism, of course this was written as boring monocultural Ireland was finally maturing into a progressive state.

Threads
How about a young Irish virgin gets raped by a refugee and is silenced by the leftist agenda? On my trip back home I was outside a bar away from my friends for 15 minutes as I felt safe in my hometown and had multiple immigrants attempt to lure me home, had a handful of licensed taxi drivers see this and beg to bring me home away from them, free of charge.

Last edited:

GodsDog

PI Member
Threads
The Abbey Theatre staged a production of The Playboy of the Western World in 2007. It was a new version written by Roddy Doyle and a Nigerian playwright with the central character replaced as a Nigerian asylum seeker.

Anyway, a dispute arose between the parties and the Nigerian playwright and/or his company issued three writs against the Abbey and Doyle. The Abbey eventually paid him and his company €200,000.

However he also took a case to the Equality Tribunal alleging racial discrimination against him by the Abbey. He lost that case but appealed it all the way to the Supreme Court.

I understand that he is now bringing that case to Europe.
The same Nigerian playwright also sued The Sunday Tribune for defamation. He was awarded €75,000, but never collected on it because the paper had gone into liquidation.

He then sued a firm of solicitors alleging professional negligence. The case ran for 16 days in the High Court. The solicitors successfully defended the case and he lost. He appealed to the Court of Appeal and also lost.

So despite being paid the €200,000 in 2013, he is now on the hook for €600,000 in respect of the solicitors insurer's legal costs.
I wonder how much all those stupid court actions cost the Irish taxpayer?
Money much better employed to house the homeless or create more hospital beds and employ nurses. :rolleyes:

Nicenin

Staff member
Donator
Premium Account
PI Member
Threads
I wonder how much all those stupid court actions cost the Irish taxpayer?
Money much better employed to house the homeless or create more hospital beds and employ nurses. :rolleyes:
The Abbey receives in the region of €6-€7 million a year by way of grant from The Arts Council who receive that money from Government.

GodsDog

PI Member
Threads
The Abbey receives in the region of €6-€7 million a year by way of grant from The Arts Council who receive that money from Government.
This guy won't pay a cent of course. We will though.

The state is subsidising the entire court system, it's buildings, employees and infrastructure and this action, apart from being a transparent attempt to use the prevailing PC madness as a lever to extort money also blocked up that system for other more important cases etc. Of course the parasitical corrupt and inefficient structure of our judicial system which encourages such selfish money grabbing endeavours doesn't help much.

missy

PI Member
Threads
The same Nigerian playwright also sued The Sunday Tribune for defamation. He was awarded €75,000, but never collected on it because the paper had gone into liquidation.

He then sued a firm of solicitors alleging professional negligence. The case ran for 16 days in the High Court. The solicitors successfully defended the case and he lost. He appealed to the Court of Appeal and also lost.

So despite being paid the €200,000 in 2013, he is now on the hook for €600,000 in respect of the solicitors insurer's legal costs.
Am I understanding that correctly ?
The Abbey tried to put on a politically correct, SJW-approved version of The Playboy of the Western World and got sued for the privilege ?

Nicenin

Staff member
Donator
Premium Account
PI Member
Threads
This guy won't pay a cent of course. We will though.

The state is subsidising the entire court system, it's buildings, employees and infrastructure and this action, apart from being a transparent attempt to use the prevailing PC madness as a lever to extort money also blocked up that system for other more important cases etc. Of course the parasitical corrupt and inefficient structure of our judicial system which encourages such selfish money grabbing endeavours doesn't help much.
Here's an interview with the man in question from an edition of An Phoblacht from 1997.

Céad míle fáilte? | An Phoblacht

However it fails to mention that he married a British woman in the UK in 1996, the same year he was given 28 days to leave.

Following his divorce from that woman he married an Irish woman in 2000.

Nicenin

Staff member
Donator
Premium Account
PI Member
Threads
Am I understanding that correctly ?
The Abbey tried to put on a politically correct, SJW-approved version of The Playboy of the Western World and got sued for the privilege ?
Yes. They got hit with three High Court actions and an Equality Tribunal action which for some reason is still in the system (it's being appealed to Europe).

They paid €200,000 in damages to this gentleman and his theatre company and got hit with approximately €400,000 legal defence costs of their own and Roddy Doyles.

Threads
It sounds like it's basically a platform to push for an end to Direct Provision and a call to house them all. But house them where and with what? It's an example of the sheer lack of thought that virtue signalers put in before calling for change. As is the case with family reunification where a person granted asylum and living in an apartment brings over more relatives, moves them into a cramped space and gets evicted by the landlord. All of them then show up at a homeless charity presenting as homeless and we are expected to house and provide for them. Which will get even worse when the changes to reunification are introduced which allows almost all of an asylum seekers extended family to be brought here. Again, where do we house them?

Nicenin

Staff member
Donator
Premium Account
PI Member
Threads
I don't think there's any directive yet in place here, but in the UK all TV channels and independent production companies have to sign up to "Project Diamond" - which is a scheme operated by a private company in which all broadcast output is monitored for "diversity".

Diamond – Creative Diversity Network

For every programme produced, the producer has to key in data to the central database about how "diverse" the project is, in terms of sexual orientation, gender, race etc. The level of scrutiny is so focused that it even extends to casual crowd shots - so say if you're watching "Britain's Got Talent" or the like, sometimes the camera will focus in on an audience member. The production company then in uploading the data has to make a judgment call as to the characteristics of that person, even to assessing whether they are straight or gay (yes).

Some actors are very worried about the scheme, as they are obliged to reveal their sexual orientation to the employer production company. And last year the NUJ in Britain called for a boycott of the scheme.

So next time you're watching a BBC costume drama set in Lancashire in the mid 1600s and there's a black homosexual character, or implausible interracial relationships such as in the recent reboot of "Cold Feet", bear "Project Diamond" in mind.

Last edited:
Threads
I don't think there's any directive yet in place here, but in the UK all TV channels and independent production companies have to sign up to "Project Diamond" - which is a scheme operated by a private company in which all broadcast output is monitored for "diversity".

Diamond – Creative Diversity Network

For every programme produced, the producer has to key in data to the central database about how "diverse" the project is, in terms of sexual orientation, gender, race etc. The level of scrutiny is so focused that it even extends to casual crowd shots - so say if you're watching "Britain's Got Talent" or the like, sometimes the camera will focus in on an audience member. The production company then in uploading the data has to make a judgment call as to the characteristics of that person, even to assessing whether they are straight or gay (yes).

Some actors are very worried about the scheme, as they are obliged to reveal their sexual orientation to the employer production company. And last year the NUJ in Britain called for a boycott of the scheme.

So next time you're watching a BBC costume drama set in Lancashire in the mid 1600s and there's a black homosexual character, or implausible interracial relationships such as in the recent reboot of "Cold Feet", bear Project Diamond in mind.
The Ministry of Truth in all it's ugly glory.

Top Bottom