RTE of 60s/70s/80s/90s

Jay Homer Simpson

PI Member
Were you guys a fan of RTE years ago when it it supported old fashioned Catholic values ? Instead of Ray Darcy promoting abortion in afternoon, you had Donnacha 0 Dulaing interviewing nuns and talking about going to mass. Jesus used to be on the cover of the RTE Guide sometimes.

Sham Fox

The Gulag Party
Donator
PI Member
Always thought it was shite, even when I was a kid in 70's, save for Wanderly Wagon. It was run by anti-Irish Marxist filth and west Brit shoneen bastards from early 70's onwards. Mutants like Eoghan Harse had unbelievable sway in that place. And sadly over the Irish psyche. Now it is run by ....................... wait for it..................anti-Irish cultural Marxist filth and west Brit shoneen bastards! The place needs to be levelled and asses put in Gulags.

Karloff

PI Member
The only time i enjoyed RTE was when i was a chizzler and they had on Bosco and Fortycoats and even then there wasn't really any competition.

It's dominated by a certain point of view, let us just say, despite the fact that everyone has to foot the bill.

Reactions: BSA

Toby Carlton-Hogge

PI Member
Always thought it was shite, even when I was a kid in 70's, save for Wanderly Wagon. It was run by anti-Irish Marxist filth and west Brit shoneen bastards from early 70's onwards. Mutants like Eoghan Harse had unbelievable sway in that place. And sadly over the Irish psyche. Now it is run by ....................... wait for it..................anti-Irish cultural Marxist filth and west Brit shoneen bastards! The place needs to be levelled and asses put in Gulags.
And they say there are no nutjobs on this site.

Nicenin

Staff member
Donator
PI Member
It was a weird hybrid of an organization - hardcore Catholicism (Radharc) then the Authority and production teams dominated by Labour/Workers Party hacks in the mid 80s.

No self respecting child in the Dublin area which had UK cable ever watched it.

The Doc

PI Member
Oliver J Flanagan summed up RTE. "Sex never came to Ireland until Telefís Éireann went on the air".

Top Bottom