Political Irish | The Irish Politics & Current Affairs Website

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Before posting anything about the COVID-19 virus, please read this first Click Here

RT News: On-air livestream 24/7 (HD)

Olli Rehn

PI Member
I watch very little TV anyway - so it doesn't impact on me.

Personally I find RT somewhat lacklustre. The good stuff, I've read about from other sources in more detail but they've an inordinate interest in American's predilection for "sex robots" and stupid content of that nature. There is value in RT but I do think the Russian establishment uses RT to demoralise the West as pay back for the West trying to do that on Russia. It's all a tiresome game.
Exactly- RT is a Russian propaganda station. Surely it has interesting programmes. But it is in no way "balanced" and it is there for a very special purpose.

Olli Rehn

PI Member
Most users of sky TV will have great difficulty figuring out
what symbol rate, polarisation and a transponder are and then figuring out exactly where to enter this info
in the sky box menus in order to recover at least a rather awkward way to access RT on their satellite box.

This has effectively removed access to the news channel for millions of people
using the socially programmed knee jerk russophobia built up over the last 4 years of "russia russia russia" media propaganda
to justify it.

Now you only have CNN liars, Fox news liars, BBC liars, ITV liars and RTE liars to help you in forming a picture of the world you live in
if you normally get your news from your sky satellite box.

Access to RT, a vital alternative balancing news source has been spitefully removed for millions using the sky service by the machinations and manoeuvrings of the UK state in co operation with ofcom, comcast and Rupert Murdoch's news corporation.

I guess they never realised the channel could be quite so effective in disseminating decent informative news and hard hitting documentaries to people when it was initially allowed on the EPG. And they had no good answer to it so instead, as they did in the case of PressTV, they just got rid of it off the EPG.

No surprises really here though. No doubt this kind of reporting makes you some powerful enemies:

Anyone can get a contractor in to get a dish system installed which is independent of the Sky stuff. You can install it yourself as well. No further costs. If you want to pay money it is your own fault! How was that again with "spoon fed"? You folks always need someone to do the job for you. No wonder we will NEVER have a proper revolution here.
RT is still on Hotbird and other satellites. Also your beloved "Press TV". Female newscasters are forced into the correct "islamic " dressing. How can you support shite like that- females are openly supressed! You call that a good TV station?
Just have a look how the female newscasters look on Algerian, Tunesian, Moroccan or Jordanian TV!
In all fairness- the typical Sky customer has ZERO interest in RT. Folks are interested in sports and good entertainment.
RT does not supply any of this. I doubt that RT had many viewers on the Sky system. You had for sure not "millions of viewers" of the programme. The decision was purely economical. Russophobia me arse!
It will be back again. There is constant movement on the system. I noticed a lot of Christmas trash programmes on at the moment. Wait until the season is over- you can view Sean Thomas in his awful suit soon again without any fiddling in your set-up!
Fox News liars? That is a new one. That station was once loved by conspiraloons...

GodsDog

PI Member
Anyone can get a contractor in to get a dish system installed which is independent of the Sky stuff. You can install it yourself as well. No further costs. If you want to pay money it is your own fault! How was that again with "spoon fed"? You folks always need someone to do the job for you. No wonder we will NEVER have a proper revolution here.
RT is still on Hotbird and other satellites. Also your beloved "Press TV". Female newscasters are forced into the correct "islamic " dressing. How can you support shite like that- females are openly supressed! You call that a good TV station?
Just have a look how the female newscasters look on Algerian, Tunesian, Moroccan or Jordanian TV!
In all fairness- the typical Sky customer has ZERO interest in RT. Folks are interested in sports and good entertainment.
RT does not supply any of this. I doubt that RT had many viewers on the Sky system. You had for sure not "millions of viewers" of the programme. The decision was purely economical. Russophobia me arse!
It will be back again. There is constant movement on the system. I noticed a lot of Christmas trash programmes on at the moment. Wait until the season is over- you can view Sean Thomas in his awful suit soon again without any fiddling in your set-up!
Fox News liars? That is a new one. That station was once loved by conspiraloons...

RT has a huge potential viewing audience if their internet hits are anything to go by.

Democracy is effectively a meaningless term when you manage to keep 60% of the population in the dark and uninformed.
These are the group that are targetted with a change like this.

I would not go to RT for info on Russian affairs but it's in their interests to be pretty damn accurate
about what shit is going on in the UK and the US that the mainstream media there will not tell you about.

For example they gave airtime to many independent candidates in the last US presidential elections.
Many americans when asked did not even know there were other candidates.

Olli Rehn

PI Member
RT has a huge potential viewing audience if their internet hits are anything to go by.

Democracy is effectively a meaningless term when you manage to keep 60% of the population in the dark and uninformed.
These are the group that are targetted with a change like this.

I would not go to RT for info on Russian affairs but it's in their interests to be pretty damn accurate
about what shit is going on in the UK and the US that the mainstream media there will not tell you about.

For example they gave airtime to many independent candidates in the last US presidential elections.
Many americans when asked did not even know there were other candidates.

LOL!
RT is an anti western propaganda station. FACT! As you say yourself-you would not use it for infos about Russian affairs. Fair play to your honesty- or was it a Freudian slip? RT just gives superficial short stuff about internal Russian affairs- no way to inform anyone about Russia. The name "Russia Today" is a joke- the station reports about the West- nearly nothing else. You would never ever find a programme investigating corruption in the Putin regime. You would never ever find a critical programme about Russian military adventures in other countries. You will never ever find a programme about radioactive pollution due to Soviet/Russian irresponsible behaviour. You will never ever find a programme about the Soviets dirty war in Afghanistan.
BUT- you will find any programme about the bombing of SE Asia by the US ( I am sure you watched "Little land of mines" recently), about polluted water in Flint or radioactive pollution in Hanford or unemployed homeless folks in England or in any other western country.
The whole station is designed to undermine the order in the EU and the US. RT does not give two fucks about what it is reporting as long as it is critical of life here. The station even supports neo nazis and all sorts of conspiraloons as long they do something damaging to the West.
I would never go by their internet hits- those figures are easily supplied by Russian technicians!
All the stuff you claim is not shown here can be easily found in western media- if you care to look for. Nobody is kept in the dark. Folks want bread and games- nothing else. That's what your "revolutionary masses" really want, Comrade!
The Soviet Union collapsed because women wanted washing machines- and the system was not fast enough to deliver in quality and quantity.
You live in a delusional world if you think folks want the stuff you are watching or that they are indeed dying to watch it!

GodsDog

PI Member
LOL!
RT is an anti western propaganda station. FACT! As you say yourself-you would not use it for infos about Russian affairs. Fair play to your honesty- or was it a Freudian slip? RT just gives superficial short stuff about internal Russian affairs- no way to inform anyone about Russia. The name "Russia Today" is a joke- the station reports about the West- nearly nothing else. You would never ever find a programme investigating corruption in the Putin regime. You would never ever find a critical programme about Russian military adventures in other countries. You will never ever find a programme about radioactive pollution due to Soviet/Russian irresponsible behaviour. You will never ever find a programme about the Soviets dirty war in Afghanistan.
BUT- you will find any programme about the bombing of SE Asia by the US ( I am sure you watched "Little land of mines" recently), about polluted water in Flint or radioactive pollution in Hanford or unemployed homeless folks in England or in any other western country.
The whole station is designed to undermine the order in the EU and the US. RT does not give two fucks about what it is reporting as long as it is critical of life here. The station even supports neo nazis and all sorts of conspiraloons as long they do something damaging to the West.
I would never go by their internet hits- those figures are easily supplied by Russian technicians!
All the stuff you claim is not shown here can be easily found in western media- if you care to look for. Nobody is kept in the dark. Folks want bread and games- nothing else. That's what your "revolutionary masses" really want, Comrade!
The Soviet Union collapsed because women wanted washing machines- and the system was not fast enough to deliver in quality and quantity.
You live in a delusional world if you think folks want the stuff you are watching or that they are indeed dying to watch it!

Well I can't find any of that interesting stuff on CNN or RTE. Can you?
You really are a right fucking EU stooge aren't you? :D
And seemingly very racist towards russians. You can still be a racist towards white people. You do realise that don't you Olli? :p

You bang on about soviets dirty war in Afghanistan but neglect to mention that they were there on request to protect a leftist
government who wanted to educate women and build houses for the poor and the people they were fighting were mainly mujahadeen jihadist scumbags backed trained and armed by the CIA who later metastasised into Al Qaeda and ISIS etc etc

Re: Afghanistan, How long have the US been in there now killing people needlessly, bombing the place into the stone age, funding useful idiot jihadist scum and bringing Afghaistan from being the supplier of 0% of the world's heroin under the Taliban to being the supplier of 85% of the world's heroin under "freedumb and dumbocracy!". I think it's now actually the longest war in history!!

And I'll remind you that Russia has only a handful of bases in other states compared to the recently admitted 145 UK foreign bases in 45 countries and the US's at least 800 in 70 countries.

People don't just want fucking washing machines and playstations.
Deep down they need to belong and the fulfillment that comes from co operation and feeling a part of shared endeavours serving a common good.
So much so that it requires a systematic and herculean 24/7 bombardment of propaganda and the ruthless hiding of any and all dangeous information sources to keep them from ever understanding how deeply wrong, corrupt, morally bankrupt and anti human this system we live under actually is

The empty consumerist "every rat for himself" nightmare future your kind have pencilled in for humanity is tragic
Not so much for the 1% class who benefit so hugely from the status quo you that are defending though.

So fuck you and the Guy Verhofstadht that you rode in on Olli Rehn! :p

Last edited:

Olli Rehn

PI Member
:p

I can't find any of that interesting stuff on CNN or RTE. Can you olli?

You really are a right fucking EU stooge aren't you?

And seemingly very racist towards russians. You can still be a racist towards white people. You do realise that don't you Olli?

You bang on about soviets dirty war in Afghanistan but neglect to mention that they were there on request to protect a leftist
government who wanted to educate women and build houses for the poor.

Re: Afghanistan, How long have the US been in there now killing people needlessly, bombing the place into the stone age, funding useful idiot jihadist scum and bringing Afghaistan from being the supplier of 0% of the world's heroin under the Taliban to being the supplier of 85% of the world's heroin under "freedumb and dumbocracy!". I think it's now actually the longest war in history!!

People don't just want fucking washing machines and playstations.
Deep down they need to belong the fulfillment that comes from co operation and feeling a part of shared endeavours serving a common good.
So much so that it requires a systematic and herculean 24/7 bombardment of propaganda and the ruthless hiding of any and all dangeous information sources to keep them from ever understanding how deeply wrong, corrupt, morally bankrupt and anti human this system we live under actually is

The empty consumerist "every rat for himself" nightmare future your kind have pencilled in for humanity is tragic
Not so much for the 1% class who benefit so hugely from the status quo you that are defending though.

So fuck you Olli Rehn! :p

More tripe from you. Folks told me a long time ago you are some sort of Russian troll. Well- you show all hallmarks of such a person.
Why on earth should I be "racist towards Russians"? There is a clear difference between Vladolf Putler and his corrupt regime and the ordinary Arkady Svartov on the street. You support one of those parties mentioned- and it is not Arkady's party.
You support of the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan is noted. Please consider that even the present regime in the Kremlin does not support the old Soviet lie of "brotherly help" anymore. You are somehow stuck in the past.
Yes- folks are stupid. The Soviet women were of course not only after washing machines- they also wanted nylon stockings like their western sisters! Things like that exposed the Soviet "revolution" as what it really was- a putsch by a small group of adventurers and criminals who ran a whole country into the ground for 7 decades.
Homo homini lupus is the name of the game. YOU take part in it as well. By your sound you are probably at the wrong end of the stick at the moment. Too old, stuck in a basement on disability, dreaming of a revolution....
Where do I defend the current system? If you want to take down something, you have to put something workable in it's place. Shouting inane slogans and shoving mobile phones into guards faces like your moronic friends Dee Wall or Gemma O Doherty do is not much of an appealing thing, is it?
No wonder there is no change here. The "revolutionaries" have nothing to offer and the "revolutionary masses" are more interested in the latest offers at Aldi or Lidl.
Wake up and smell the coffee, you clown!

GodsDog

PI Member
More tripe from you. Folks told me a long time ago you are some sort of Russian troll. Well- you show all hallmarks of such a person.
Why on earth should I be "racist towards Russians"? There is a clear difference between Vladolf Putler and his corrupt regime and the ordinary Arkady Svartov on the street. You support one of those parties mentioned- and it is not Arkady's party.
You support of the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan is noted. Please consider that even the present regime in the Kremlin does not support the old Soviet lie of "brotherly help" anymore. You are somehow stuck in the past.
Yes- folks are stupid. The Soviet women were of course not only after washing machines- they also wanted nylon stockings like their western sisters! Things like that exposed the Soviet "revolution" as what it really was- a putsch by a small group of adventurers and criminals who ran a whole country into the ground for 7 decades.
Homo homini lupus is the name of the game. YOU take part in it as well. By your sound you are probably at the wrong end of the stick at the moment. Too old, stuck in a basement on disability, dreaming of a revolution....
Where do I defend the current system? If you want to take down something, you have to put something workable in it's place. Shouting inane slogans and shoving mobile phones into guards faces like your moronic friends Dee Wall or Gemma O Doherty do is not much of an appealing thing, is it?
No wonder there is no change here. The "revolutionaries" have nothing to offer and the "revolutionary masses" are more interested in the latest offers at Aldi or Lidl.
Wake up and smell the coffee, you clown!

Since when did I become friends with Gemma O'Doherty and Dee Wall Olli? :D
If anything tits like them are on your side of the class war. They make it easy to discredit by association.
Exactly as you tried to do to me just there in fact! Those kind of people are toxic to any kind of movement or activism.

Most so called revolutionaries you refer to tend to be of the co opted controlled opposition type.
I agree with you in that the last few decades of an increasingly intense 24/7 bath of capitalist propaganda has left the Irish a beaten down and ever more divided and brainwashed conformist people whose only concerns now seem to be identity politics, celeb culture, social media, shopping, football and booze. Perfectly malleable material for our "friends" in corporate europe to consume and shit out

So, job well done there Olli. Give yourself a pat on the back for your tiny part in this.

Olli Rehn

PI Member
Since when did I become friends with Gemma O'Doherty and Dee Wall Olli? :D
If anything tits like them are on your side of the class war. They make it easy to discredit by association.
Exactly as you tried to do to me just there in fact! Those kind of people are toxic to any kind of movement or activism.

Most so called revolutionaries you refer to tend to be of the co opted controlled opposition type.
I agree with you in that the last few decades of an increasingly intense 24/7 bath of capitalist propaganda has left the Irish a beaten down and ever more divided and brainwashed conformist people whose only concerns now seem to be identity politics, celeb culture, social media, shopping, football and booze. Perfectly malleable material for our "friends" in corporate europe to consume and shit out

So, job well done there Olli. Give yourself a pat on the back for your tiny part in this.
I see we don't view the world that different, my friend!

GodsDog

PI Member
I see we don't view the world that different, my friend!

Not really Olli

I remain very much a collectivist in my outlook in that I believe the very best of humanity comes
about when we are co operating and working together towards the common good, not fucking each over for a buck.

But it seems to me like you are a pessimist who promotes the survival of the fittest and "every rat for himself" individualism as just the natural order of things and you support and defend that kind of dead end cul de sac thinking to the death, knowing full well that in truth, divided we are just helpless fodder for predatory capitalism and corporate exploitation and plunder, as is currently the case.

I'm still uncertain whether you work in some capacity that involves cheerleading for the EU and everything it stands for.
Which is basically neoliberalism and capitalist/corporate greed when you remove the facade.

Olli Rehn

PI Member
Not really Olli

I remain very much a collectivist in my outlook in that I believe the very best of humanity comes
about when we are co operating and working together towards the common good, not fucking each over for a buck.

But it seems to me like you are a pessimist who promotes the survival of the fittest and "every rat for himself" individualism as just the natural order of things and you support and defend that kind of dead end cul de sac thinking to the death, knowing full well that in truth, divided we are just helpless fodder for predatory capitalism and corporate exploitation and plunder, as is currently the case.

I'm still uncertain whether you work in some capacity that involves cheerleading for the EU and everything it stands for.
Which is basically neoliberalism and capitalist/corporate greed when you remove the facade.
Yes- indeed. I am the epitome of everything evil under the sun. My "name" alone makes your blood boil.
Quite frankly- you are the naive type. Dreaming of a better world. Ever thought of becoming a priest? Because in this world your "comrades" will stab you in the back to get a bigger share than you have! At least you could live under the illusion that you get your "reward" in the "afterlife"!

GodsDog

PI Member
Yes- indeed. I am the epitome of everything evil under the sun. My "name" alone makes your blood boil.
Quite frankly- you are the naive type. Dreaming of a better world. Ever thought of becoming a priest? Because in this world your "comrades" will stab you in the back to get a bigger share than you have! At least you could live under the illusion that you get your "reward" in the "afterlife"!

Nothing wrong with wanting a better world and not being a back stabbing rat. I sleep well at night. How about you?
This however, does not preclude me seeing current reality and current human behaviour for what it actually is. I am not blind.
I merely understand that we have the potential to be so much better than we currently are.

The difference between us Olli is that you seemingly relish wallowing in this "every rat for himself" stinking pool of shit we are all currently swimming in
and are busy doing the backstroke, having a drink and hanging on to a smelly bobbing turd called the EU
wheras I am looking out of the shitpool and up at the stars! :LOL:

Olli Rehn

PI Member
Nothing wrong with wanting a better world and not being a back stabbing rat. I sleep well at night. How about you?
This however, does not preclude me seeing current reality and current human behaviour for what it actually is. I am not blind.
I merely understand that we have the potential to be so much better than we currently are.

The difference between us Olli is that you seemingly relish wallowing in this "every rat for himself" stinking pool of shit we are all currently swimming in
and are busy doing the backstroke, having a drink and hanging on to a smelly bobbing turd called the EU
wheras I am looking out of the shitpool and up at the stars! :LOL:
I think your main method of coping with life is creating imaginary hate objects and fighting them to kill the time...

Top Bottom