Political Irish | The Irish Politics & Current Affairs Website

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Before posting anything about the COVID-19 virus, please read this first Click Here

RT News: On-air livestream 24/7 (HD)

GodsDog

PI Member
Sadly, RT has been removed from the Sky EPG

Same as PressTV was removed before.

The truth is, RT shows lots of interesting content of a type you would rarely see on other news channels has been very successful in punching a hole through much of the propaganda that passes for news in the uk and ireland and since the powers that be were unable to effectively counter the channel, they instead blocked it from the EPG as they did with Press TV.

I guess in the free west, we don't allow ordinary people to see alternative opinions on world events!
Especially when it involves presenting uncomfortable truths about the US and UK on a regular basis.
Truths that the powers that be would rather the plebs remained unaware of.

If you have sky, you can still tune into the channel using the "other channels" manual tuning procedure
but probably about 80% of people on sky will not be able to do this.

Sadly, inlike RT and PressTV, CNN and Fox are still there and will never be removed from the sky EPG despite spewing 24/7 drivel, propaganda,
and gross untruths every single day of the week.

Olli Rehn

PI Member
Sadly, RT has been removed from the Sky EPG

Same as PressTV was removed before.

The truth is, RT shows lots of interesting content of a type you would rarely see on other news channels has been very successful in punching a hole through much of the propaganda that passes for news in the uk and ireland and since the powers that be were unable to effectively counter the channel, they instead blocked it from the EPG as they did with Press TV.

I guess in the free west, we don't allow ordinary people to see alternative opinions on world events!
Especially when it involves presenting uncomfortable truths about the US and UK on a regular basis.
Truths that the powers that be would rather the plebs remained unaware of.

If you have sky, you can still tune into the channel using the "other channels" manual tuning procedure
but probably about 80% of people on sky will not be able to do this.

Sadly, inlike RT and PressTV, CNN and Fox are still there and will never be removed from the sky EPG despite spewing 24/7 drivel, propaganda,
and gross untruths every single day of the week.
So you still can watch the channels. No use attacking the "system" when you are too stupid to make a few changes on your set up!

Anderson

PI Member
So you still can watch the channels. No use attacking the "system" when you are too stupid to make a few changes on your set up!
Its a pain having to tune in with other channels though, that is why you are best to buy a Freesat/Saorview box. You can programme all the channels in the order you want.

No good for you Olli, you like your news to be spoon-fed to you by the state.

Olli Rehn

PI Member
Its a pain having to tune in with other channels though, that is why you are best to buy a Freesat/Saorview box. You can programme all the channels in the order you want.

No good for you Olli, you like your news to be spoon-fed to you by the state.

Yes- indeed. I like the state spoon fed thing. I have several dozen state TV broadcasters programmed in my set up. The Astra and Hotbird system gives you a huge choice.
RT is one of those spoon fed stations I watch. The same to be said for Press TV. All propaganda- no difference to RTE!

GodsDog

PI Member
Most users of sky TV will have great difficulty figuring out
what symbol rate, polarisation and a transponder are and then figuring out exactly where to enter this info
in the sky box menus in order to recover at least a rather awkward way to access RT on their satellite box.

This has effectively removed access to the news channel for millions of people
using the socially programmed knee jerk russophobia built up over the last 4 years of "russia russia russia" media propaganda
to justify it.

Now you only have CNN liars, Fox news liars, BBC liars, ITV liars and RTE liars to help you in forming a picture of the world you live in
if you normally get your news from your sky satellite box.

Access to RT, a vital alternative balancing news source has been spitefully removed for millions using the sky service by the machinations and manoeuvrings of the UK state in co operation with ofcom, comcast and Rupert Murdoch's news corporation.

I guess they never realised the channel could be quite so effective in disseminating decent informative news and hard hitting documentaries to people when it was initially allowed on the EPG. And they had no good answer to it so instead, as they did in the case of PressTV, they just got rid of it off the EPG.

No surprises really here though. No doubt this kind of reporting makes you some powerful enemies:

The Potato Mystic

PI Member
I watch very little TV anyway - so it doesn't impact on me.

Personally I find RT somewhat lacklustre. The good stuff, I've read about from other sources in more detail but they've an inordinate interest in American's predilection for "sex robots" and stupid content of that nature. There is value in RT but I do think the Russian establishment uses RT to demoralise the West as pay back for the West trying to do that on Russia. It's all a tiresome game.

Always liked the half-hour documentaries/shows between the news segments on RT. Didn't realize Sky had removed it. Usually, stream it these days. I like their tongue in cheek approach to US political news.

Top Bottom