RTÉ John Connors: The Travellers

SwordOfStCatherine

Over on the other place there is a lot of Traveller bashing but I will say this; they had a very important place historically in the rural Irish economy mending pots and pans as well as horse trading but "Progress" destroyed that for them, most have adapted but some havent been able to and that goes hand in hand with the fact that in a very deep sense Catholicism was and is a central thing to them- Ecclesiastical Gaystapo have a lot to answer for, for when you take the Faith from one of them its a lot more of a bigger deal than when you take from some "suit" in where ever. Two of my friends here and I dont use that word lightly are Traveler women and they have given me so much. A lot of things that I would have to explain to others they intuitively get.

There's a book called " to hell or Barbados" try Amazon, and I believe it explains everything about the transportation of thousands of Irish to the plantations back in the bad old times by our English overlords

Tadhg Gaelach

Donator
PI Member
There's a book called " to hell or Barbados" try Amazon, and I believe it explains everything about the transportation of thousands of Irish to the plantations back in the bad old times by our English overlords

Yes, I've read it, I recommend it to everyone. This is part of our history that is silenced. There is not one monument in Ireland to the thousands of Irish people kidnapped and trafficked to the West Indies. Cromwell's son personally trafficked one thousands 12 year old Irish girls to be sex slaves for the English planters in Jamaica. It seems his Puritan faith didn't stop him earning money from pimping kidnapped children. Maybe the Irish are just too embarrassed to think that this happened to us. It's more comfortable to imagine that it only happened to Africans.

Dublin 4

Donator
PI Member
I know some Travellers extremely well- you wouldn't meet better.

I don't like this lumpin in Craic, this Travellers, Roma, Gays, Asylum Swindlers all lumped in together with all these quangos.

Travellers need to "lump out" their sizeable criminal element & then live proximate to their fellow Irish again- it's a small country.

Tadhg Gaelach

Donator
PI Member

I don't like this lumpin in Craic, this Travellers, Roma, Gays, Asylum Swindlers all lumped in together with all these quangos.

Travellers need to "lump out" their sizeable criminal element & then live proximate to their fellow Irish again- it's a small country.

That's an excellent point a chara. Until recent times, the Travellers played a vital role in Irish society. They were called Tinkers, as they made tin pots and utensils for the people. They also traded from one village to another, and they helped with the planting and harvesting for the various farmers. Now they have been totally excluded from society. That isn't really their fault. It's the fault of the fact that we have no government in this country. We just have a régime that works for the profit of landowners and landlords.

SwordOfStCatherine

If you got rid of the Ecclesiastical Gaystapo and got back Priests who actually believe in Catholicism the criminal element in the Traveller community would significantly decrease.

Tadhg Gaelach

Donator
PI Member
If you got rid of the Ecclesiastical Gaystapo and got back Priests who actually believe in Catholicism the criminal element in the Traveller community would significantly decrease.

I see there is a Catholic priest writing a pro-abortion article in the ISIS Times today. You really couldn't make it up.

D

Deleted member 917

Non Registered Member
Are Travellers just not rough Irish?

SwordOfStCatherine

Extremely rough and lawless. Great breeders all the same.
Talk to a lot of people who have been officers in either the ROI Defense Force or the British Army and they will tell you that Travellers usually make great soldiers.

Top Bottom