• Before posting anything about the COVID-19 virus, please read this first Click Here

Rowan Croft needs to improve his broadcasting skills

Irish Warrior

Donator
Premium
PI Member
I've been tuning in to his daily morning life stream but I find it really annoyong because he spends most of the time name checking people in the chatroom
If you don't like it, don't watch it. And stop lying, he goes through articles most of the time.
If he was thieving like the other scoundrel there would be some merit to your complaints.

gerhard dengler

PI Member
Premium
I've been tuning in to his daily morning life stream but I find it really annoyong because he spends most of the time name checking people in the chatroom
His videos while containing some very interesting content, could be better edited. He did a video yesterday or the day before outdoors and he spent the first 10 minutes of same checking whether or not viewers could hear him.

Not having a go at him, but listeners time and patience have limits.

Irishman abroad

PI Member
I have to agree. I commend him on putting himself out there, but his broadcasting skills could be better. Hes always mixing up words and mispronouncing. He is always distracted by the live chat which takes from the content.

Yes I know, first world problems.

Irishman abroad

PI Member
His videos while containing some very interesting content, could be better edited. He did a video yesterday or the day before outdoors and he spent the first 10 minutes of same checking whether or not viewers could hear him.

Not having a go at him, but listeners time and patience have limits.
Yes I noticed that. It's like he does it for fluff or to pad out his videos.
Not sure if he notices, probably wouldn't take the criticism too well.

FightingForTheBull

PI Member
I have to agree. I commend him on putting himself out there, but his broadcasting skills could be better. Hes always mixing up words and mispronouncing. He is always distracted by the live chat which takes from the content.

Yes I know, first world problems.
But he's not a trained regime journalist. That's the point.

TheWexfordInn

Donator
PI Member
I think GT is doing a great job and that the criticism here is unfair.
The criticism appears to be comparing the production qualities of GT with that of a professional broadcaster who rather than having one guy with handheld equipment will have a professional broadcast team consisting of a cameraman and a sound engineer and a producer and possibly also a script writer. who will obviously be able to put together together a slicker production than one person ever could.

ogma

PI Member
Is this about the ex-British army member who swore an oath of allegiance to the queen of England? A quare kind of patriot.

Irishman abroad

PI Member
I think GT is doing a great job and that the criticism here is unfair.
The criticism appears to be comparing the production qualities of GT with that of a professional broadcaster who rather than having one guy with handheld equipment will have a professional broadcast team consisting of a cameraman and a sound engineer and a producer and possibly also a script writer. who will obviously be able to put together together a slicker production than one person ever could.
I think the main criticism is he wastes time name checking, sound checking, and generally padding his videos out with fluff.
People can see past the camera/sound quality if the content is ok.

In this current time, you wont get away with padded out content as people dont have the patience.

Top Bottom