Rip off Ireland!!

• Thread starter gaelstree
  • Start date
  • Replies 53
  • Views 665

page61

PI Member
Plastic bags in a shop..

Superrobbery charge 80/90C... for a bag that costs 0.08 cent to make.

The report is comparing apples with oranges.

For most PS jobs you need a high level of education.

It even points that out in the report.
yes, i was at some public offices recently and i saw your colleagues with the high education. Overweight, red faced, hungover looking, wearing jeans, looking at Facebook on their computers, and barely able to speak to customers.

Rick kit

PI Member
High minimum wage? Is it even a tenner an hour? Tax is high here in Germany, but you get a solid pension at the end of it, free health care up to a point, and you can afford to drive.
However, Germany also has its negatives..I've heard stories of people sending their elderly folks to Thailand and Poland to get looked after. I've also seen older germans rustling in bins for plastic bottles to trade in for a few euro.
germany has a lot of positives you dont pay most of your wages on rent .if your in the aok you pay 10 euro to see a doctor or dentist .I had to go to a hospital when i lived there after id broken my ribs i was xrayed and examined by a doctor and went home 45 minutes later Wouldn't happen here

OP
G

gaelstree

Non Registered Member
germany has a lot of positives you dont pay most of your wages on rent .if your in the aok you pay 10 euro to see a doctor or dentist .I had to go to a hospital when i lived there after id broken my ribs i was xrayed and examined by a doctor and went home 45 minutes later Wouldn't happen here
True, but rent ain't cheap anymore, especially around Frankfurt. Salaries are probably better in Ireland generally, but its offset by the cost of living. I think you get a better deal on the continent.
Ireland is actually significantly more expensive that it was at the height of the boom 12 years ago. Interesting how services are still as poor.

Where there is chaos, there is money to be made.

mike.foy

PI Member
But a car from the
Black pill alert!

As someone who has lived and worked in countries like Germany, UK, and Australia. I am constantly perplexed at why there isn't riots at the expense of things in Ireland.
Healthcare is basically 60 euro to even smile at a doctor, if there is a health issue then you need to take out a loan! Private care is 100 euro per month, but you still need to pay 40 euro per visit.

Car insurance & road tax ridiculous, enough said.
Rent and house prices inflated beyond belief. How do people afford to live in Ireland? Do most live hand to mouth?
Go to the “UK” and cars are much cheaper but when you import it to Eire, the illegal VRT is added and then you are still charged VAT. Double taxation !!
VRT was found to be illegal and the government was found to have broken “EU” trading laws but if you want the VRT back you have to take the provisional government to the courts, The courts are of course are run and staffed by the provisional government!!!
Also a small detail that the big car companies don’t share with the “EU” is that they have told the large private dealers not to sell second hand luxury cars over here as the market has been harmed by imports. Of course this is also breaking the free trade of goods!!

Last edited:

datsunireland

PI Member
Plenty of Polish bringing their parents here too for healthcare etc. I see it everyday where I work.
No wonder the health system is failing so quickly.
Yes on the few occasions over the past 3 yrs I've seen a lot of that. Older foreigners being brought into a and e and not a word of English. Being brought over as child minders for their grandkids. But they will use the system when they get sick.