• Before posting anything about the COVID-19 virus, please read this first Click Here

Rip off Ireland!!

• Thread starter gaelstree
  • Start date
  • Replies 68
  • Views 2K

Templar

Donator
PI Member
Yep.
Nearly time for the annual wine and beer mission to Newry.
Fuck rip off Ireland.
I also buy a lot of tools, equipment and supplies from the UK for my business saving a small fortune annually....
Better Quality stuff at better prices

the generous dole (and high minimum wage ) we give to people in ireland allows companies to charge rip off prices.

added to a very well paid public service sector.....and the economics of it all makes sense.

Pubs would only charge 7 quid a pint cos some fool is willing to pay that.

The worst rip off in ireland is motoring because public transport is way way behind the UK. Pay the prices or walk.

IrishJohn

PI Member
the generous dole (and high minimum wage ) we give to people in ireland allows companies to charge rip off prices.

added to a very well paid public service sector.....and the economics of it all makes sense.

The worst rip off in ireland is motoring because public transport is way way behind the UK. Pay the prices or walk.

What are you talking about ? the minimum wage isn't even enough to pay for rent in Dublin.

OP
G

gaelstree

Non Registered Member

High minimum wage? Is it even a tenner an hour? Tax is high here in Germany, but you get a solid pension at the end of it, free health care up to a point, and you can afford to drive.
However, Germany also has its negatives..I've heard stories of people sending their elderly folks to Thailand and Poland to get looked after. I've also seen older germans rustling in bins for plastic bottles to trade in for a few euro.

What are you talking about ? the minimum wage isn't even enough to pay for rent in Dublin.
chicken and egg. The minimum wage in Poland is diddly squat. And rents are cheap.

How much does a visit to the barber cost in most other countries ? rip off ireland is our own fault.

congress_tart

PI Member
Any child u see 6, going up to 8, coming into this country is entitled to free go visits.
100s a week.
Why is this not given to Irish natives as a very basic entitlement for contributing and living in the country?
Why are Polish, Spanish, Nigerian etc children afforded this automatically and not you or I?

OP
G

gaelstree

Non Registered Member
In Dublin city centre a pint now costs the guts of 7 Euro in many pubs.
Not surprised, a bottle of Heineken in temple bar was €6:50 in 2008. Everything has seemed to gave gone up since the credit crunch, bar wages.

congress_tart

PI Member
High minimum wage? Is it even a tenner an hour? Tax is high here in Germany, but you get a solid pension at the end of it, free health care up to a point, and you can afford to drive.
However, Germany also has its negatives..I've heard stories of people sending their elderly folks to Thailand and Poland to get looked after. I've also seen older germans rustling in bins for plastic bottles to trade in for a few euro.
Plenty of Polish bringing their parents here too for healthcare etc. I see it everyday where I work.
No wonder the health system is failing so quickly.

OP
G

gaelstree

Non Registered Member
chicken and egg. The minimum wage in Poland is diddly squat. And rents are cheap.

How much does a visit to the barber cost in most other countries ? rip off ireland is our own fault.
Not always the case, I worked briefly in eastern Europe, and cities like riga and Bucharest ain't that cheap.
€500 per month would get you a decent 1 bed flat in the centre of Riga.

OP
G

gaelstree

Non Registered Member
Plenty of Polish bringing their parents here too for healthcare etc. I see it everyday where I work.
No wonder the health system is failing so quickly.
I find that hard to believe, they must be getting it free in that case. Ireland for healthcare is nearly unaffordable if you are not covered privately.

Top Bottom