• Thread starter gaelstree
  • Start date
  • Replies 53
  • Views 665
G

gaelstree

Non Registered Member
Black pill alert!

As someone who has lived and worked in countries like Germany, UK, and Australia. I am constantly perplexed at why there isn't riots at the expense of things in Ireland.
Healthcare is basically 60 euro to even smile at a doctor, if there is a health issue then you need to take out a loan! Private care is 100 euro per month, but you still need to pay 40 euro per visit.

Car insurance & road tax ridiculous, enough said.
Rent and house prices inflated beyond belief. How do people afford to live in Ireland? Do most live hand to mouth?

broadly i agree with your sentiments.

But i still think that booze in the supermarket/off license is way too cheap.

a nation of wino's

OP
G

gaelstree

Non Registered Member

a nation of wino's
Oh yeah booze..what does a lifetime of binge drinking do? Keeps the cancer industry alive, people make stupid (financial) decisions when pissed drunk. Booze also depresses people incredibly, how can you function effectively when hungover? You cant, so your spirit ends up broken.

Saul Goodman

Staff member
Premium
PI Member

a nation of wino's
I despise people who sit in the pub 4 nights a week they are absolutely good for nothing

Oh yeah booze..what does a lifetime of binge drinking do? Keeps the cancer industry alive, people make stupid (financial) decisions when pissed drunk. Booze also depresses people incredibly, how can you function effectively when hungover? You cant, so your spirit ends up broken.
not to mention all the misery that p1ssheads wreak upon other people in society.

- broken families
- drink driver accidents
- anti social behaviour
- etc etc

Scotland and Wales are ahead of Ireland for alcohol minimum pricing. And the irish have a bad reputation for the drink.

But broadly discussing 'Rip off ireland' .... what stuff is cheap here ? fresh air.

Last edited:
OP
G

gaelstree

Non Registered Member
not to mention all the misery that p1ssheads wreak upon other people in society.

- broken families
- drink driver accidents
- anti social behaviour
- etc etc

Scotland and Wales are ahead of Ireland for alcohol minimum pricing. And the irish have a bad reputation for the drink.
Very true indeed. The English are worst I've seen for booze tbh.

Plasticpaddy

PI Member
Black pill alert!

As someone who has lived and worked in countries like Germany, UK, and Australia. I am constantly perplexed at why there isn't riots at the expense of things in Ireland.
Healthcare is basically 60 euro to even smile at a doctor, if there is a health issue then you need to take out a loan! Private care is 100 euro per month, but you still need to pay 40 euro per visit.

Car insurance & road tax ridiculous, enough said.
Rent and house prices inflated beyond belief. How do people afford to live in Ireland? Do most live hand to mouth?
Ireland needs a national health service.The all singing and dancing wonderful EU doesn't seem to be helping much.

Wolf

PI Member
Bugger off with that talk, far cheaper in the North!
Yep.
Nearly time for the annual wine and beer mission to Newry.
Fuck rip off Ireland.
I also buy a lot of tools, equipment and supplies from the UK for my business saving a small fortune annually....