Welcome to Political Irish

We believe in free legal speech, fair play and good discussion. Sign up and join in!

Register Log in

Ricky’s finest 8 minutes - congrats @rickygervais

sighthound

PI Member
He is a legend and showed British humour at its best - not like that fat sycophant James Corden. ( In times of universal deceit the truth is revolutionary ! )Well done Ricky& his show After Life is just super on Netflix

bells of shandon

PI Member
Bono and Geldof take note'.Hollywood Luvvies got both barrels from Ricky Gervais.I guess he is off the Christmas card list from Hollywood. Long overdue, sure pricked their balloon, .
'Quote'
;If you do win an award tonight, don’t use it as a platform to make a political speech. You’re in no position to lecture the public about anything. You know nothing about the real world. Most of you spent less time in school than Greta Thunberg. So if you win, come up, accept your little award, thank your agent and your God and fuck off,” he added.'

Irishman abroad

PI Member
Bono and Geldof take note'.Hollywood Luvvies got both barrels from Ricky Gervais.I guess he is off the Christmas card list from Hollywood. Long overdue, sure pricked their balloon, .
'Quote'
;If you do win an award tonight, don’t use it as a platform to make a political speech. You’re in no position to lecture the public about anything. You know nothing about the real world. Most of you spent less time in school than Greta Thunberg. So if you win, come up, accept your little award, thank your agent and your God and fuck off,” he added.'
I'd pay to see Trump watching it on gogglebox lol. He must have been rolling around the floor crying laughing.

Oliver Plunkett

Donator
PI Member
Didn’t watch it - but apparently the various ‘celebrities’ were nervously checking to see who was laughing at a joke before deciding if it was ok for them to laugh. What a spineless bunch of snowflakes, living in fear of their own shadows!
You should see the face of Tom Hanks. You'd think he was the Queen mum, such was his level of disbelief at being harangued so

Last edited:
Top Bottom