Revive the Irish Language and the everything else will follow.

TheIrishRight

PI Member
In order to preserve a national identity we need to revive our almost dead language.
Israel brought a dead langauge back from the grave so why cant Irish with its established Gaeltacht areas, growing number of Gaelscoileanna do the same?
What are the steps required to achieve such an ambitious goal?

Schwarzkunst-Zauberlei

PI Member
Restricted
How do you know everything else will follow, and what is everything else?

The language is just one aspect of a cultural shift that needs to occur, and while you are being very vague about what you mean by this, I will say exactly what I mean:

A Utopia is one in which mind, body, and extension are elevated in to sophistication, with a particular emphasis on dignity, and national culture. For Ireland, this would mean a nation made up of wise, athletic people, who treat each other, and animals, with dignity, and spend their free resources on improving themselves, and their surroundings, with an emphasis on a nostalgic 'Irish Esthetic'.

TW Tone

PI Member
IrishRight:

I am afraid that bird has flown long ago.
But you are right to identify the problem.
Had Ireland been Irish speaking, we would not have been swamped by the tsunami of mass immigration.
Migrants are attracted by the English language, they associate it with lots of good things. The prospect of coming as settlers and having to learn a difficult arcane language would have repelled 70% of them.

And in fact, were Ireland Irish speaking, I would have welcomed migrants, as they would have added to the number of speakers.

Colonel Zachariah

PI Member

DrPat2

PI Member
A lot of those in favour of unremitting mandatory globalism are also Irish speakers.

However, Irish people generally while broadly sympathetic don't regard it as particularly important and are generally too laid back to make the effort of learning and using it, while dealing with the challenges of daily life on this isle of ours. There are also issues with teaching the language as a subject and in the South there is a rump Home Rule lot who are over-represented in the media and despise anything uniquely Irish and to the globalist left, it is an irrelevancy.

Some non-Irish who have taken the time and trouble to learn the language should put a lot of us to shame.

That said, I think the language is a meter for Irish identity and its use as a living embodiment of Irish identity is always welcome.

Hebrew was simplified before the Israeli's spread it through their ranks. Regular grammar, spelling, pronunciation. They made the language easy to learn.

Also their country was an amalgam of dozens of languages....thus giving modern Hebrew the upper hand. There was no obvious other language to dominate and challenge Hebrew. Maybe English, except that most jews who formed Israel were not from an English speaking country.

Both these conditions are not happening in ireland. Irish is too difficult. We all think in English, the number one prestige language on the planet. It is very difficult to fight against that one. Even Icelandic (which was never invaded by the brits) is getting steamrollered by English.

At best, irish will only ever be an L2 language. Second best, an alternative. A bit like French in Canada.

Tadhg Gaelach

Donator
PI Member
In order to preserve a national identity we need to revive our almost dead language.
Israel brought a dead langauge back from the grave so why cant Irish with its established Gaeltacht areas, growing number of Gaelscoileanna do the same?
What are the steps required to achieve such an ambitious goal?

Without a doubt, the core of the National Movement must be the Irish language. Without the Irish language we are nothing but provincial Brits with a funny accent. However, there is a very strong streak of Libtardism running though the Gaelscoileanna at the present time. I believe this is because the Gaelscoileanna are mostly attracting the middle classes, and the middle class Irish are Libtard to the core. We must combine the Irish language and culture with an esoteric ideal, i.e. the creation of a Spiritual Gaelic Nation.

DrPat2

PI Member
Without a doubt, the core of the National Movement must be the Irish language. Without the Irish language we are nothing but provincial Brits with a funny accent. However, there is a very strong streak of Libtardism running though the Gaelscoileanna at the present time. I believe this is because the Gaelscoileanna are mostly attracting the middle classes, and the middle class Irish are Libtard to the core. We must combine the Irish language and culture with an esoteric ideal, i.e. the creation of a Spiritual Gaelic Nation.
I would say the language is part of the core which as a whole is our unique identity as Irish people. This also encompasses our heritage and part of that heritage at least for me is our spiritual heritage which 'modern' Ireland has blithely thrown out with the bathwater, leaving a vacuum that modern globalism and its shrills in the chattering classes seeks to fill with mindless consumerism and individualism.

previously irish language was riddled with Catholicism. Now its libtardism. 300 years from now it will be riddled with the next thing.

it is a constant mystery to me how Welsh does so much better than irish. They have far closer ties to the English and yet they managed to preserve their language. And they also got colonised by economic migrants into all their coal mining towns for many years.

DrPat2

PI Member
previously irish language was riddled with Catholicism. Now its libtardism. 300 years from now it will be riddled with the next thing.

it is a constant mystery to me how Welsh does so much better than irish. They have far closer ties to the English and yet they managed to preserve their language. And they also got colonised by economic migrants into all their coal mining towns for many years.
Isn't it tied up with the fact that religion was in Welsh with a Bible in Welsh and and also latterly through the availability of education through Welsh? Also given that the Wales has not secured independence I suspect a lot of Welsh with a strong sense of identity put their efforts into keeping the language alive whereas in Ireland a lot of the effort was put into securing an independence which has turned out to be 'of a sort.'