• Welcome to Political Irish.

Why not open a free account and view the site without Adverts.

Please note, for first registration you must not use a VPN, VPN registrations will be refused entry.

Click Here to sign up!

COVID-19 Resurgence in hospitalisations and deaths is dominated by those that have received two doses of the vaccine.

2pacs

PI Member
Nov 23, 2016
UK scientists: "Resurgence in hospitalisations and deaths is dominated by those that have received two doses of the vaccine."

Hopes that life may soon be back to normal were dashed by Boris Johnson this week when he indicated that restrictions would remain in place to prevent a deadly third coronavirus wave. Predictably, the announcement relied on unduly pessimistic modelling, which suggested a full release from lockdown in June could trigger a new wave of hospital admissions every bit as bad as the January peak and result in up to 59,900 deaths...

Buried in the summary: "The resurgence in hospitalisations and deaths is dominated by those that have received two doses of the vaccine."
Yes, you did read that correctly. Third wave deaths will predominantly be driven by people who have been vaccinated

Well, that's not good!

OP
2pacs

2pacs

PI Member
Nov 23, 2016
"2. The resurgence in both hospitalisations and deaths is dominated by those that have
received two doses of the vaccine, comprising around 60% and 70% of the wave
respectively. This can be attributed to the high levels of uptake in the most at-risk age
groups, such that immunisation failures account for more serious illness than unvaccinated
individuals. This is discussed further in paragraphs 55 and 56."

Anglophile

PI Member
Aug 2, 2017
A 0.000004% chance of developing a blood clot vs. 100% efficiency in preventing serious illness and hospitalisation?

I’ll take my chances..... :cool: (y)

Bill The Boer

Deported
PI Member
Jul 30, 2018
Oh please. Maybe actually read the article cited in the OP?

Bill The Boer

Deported
PI Member
Jul 30, 2018

Bill The Boer

Deported
PI Member
Jul 30, 2018
Oh please. Maybe actually read the article cited in the OP?
Referring to the out of context thread title and posts responding mindlessly to the deliberate provocation/misinformation.

Hitsticle

PI Member
Feb 2, 2020
That may be a different nursing home I think. But even so, it states in the article that there was already an active covid outbreak in the facility. Any doctor will tell you that you do not administer a vaccine in those circumstances. What the hell were they thinking? It really irks me that all previous medical safety protocols have been abandoned in the rush to roll this out as quickly as possible.