Referendum on Blasphemy

Hang on I thought they were removing the entire article. Are they just removing the word blasphemy? In which case we will simply be left with a broader means by which to prosecute speech. I was actually looking forward to getting rid of the article but if it's just the word and it's leaving the government the ability to censure on an even broader basis then I am voting no.

It seems to be a straightforward repeal without replacement.
I don't see anything about replacing "blasphemy" with "hate speech", which is what I initially feared.

So I'll definitely be voting Yes.
They are not repealing the article just the word meaning that they can legislate more broadly rather then the offense having to be related to blasphemy. I thought the same as you initially but having seen this I have gone from a certain yes to near certain no.

benroe

PI Member
Yes!, Restricting people's free speech is lunacy when the people's right to free speech is only presumed.

Save me Jeebus

Donator
PI Member
Premium Account
Why are you too dumb to use the internet?
Not at all. You seem to have Irish culture, or lack of it, all sewn up. Clearly you believe Syrian/Islamic culture to be far superior. I'd like to know why. What is it that you believe makes it superior. Describe it to me please.

D

Deleted member 2524

Non Registered Member
Not at all. You seem to have Irish culture, or lack of it, all sewn up. Clearly you believe Syrian/Islamic culture to be far superior. I'd like to know why. What is it that you believe makes it superior. Describe it to me please.
Irish culture is all about drinking in the pub. You can't even speak your own language lol
But anyway, Irish people try to behae like americans now, fatties addicted to their smartphones.

Save me Jeebus

Donator
PI Member
Premium Account
Irish culture is all about drinking in the pub. You can't even speak your own language lol
But anyway, Irish people try to behae like americans now, fatties addicted to their smartphones.
Yes I got that. You have an opinion on Irish culture. I asked you about your own culture. Please describe it to me so that I can imagine it please.

D

Deleted member 2524

Non Registered Member
Yes I got that. You have an opinion on Irish culture. I asked you about your own culture. Please describe it to me so that I can imagine it please.
I can't descibe it someone like you, it's above you.

Top Bottom