Hot Recommend a TV Show

Cruimh

PI Member
Threads
Endeavour.

Lovely show, from an era I wish I'd lived through, or one I wish I still lived in tbh.

It's the precursor to Inspector Morse, about his early life, if you're into that sort of thing. I love it myself- slow paced, aesthetically lovely, and intelligent.

Lewis too, the post Morse show, is also very good. I'm a sucker for nostalgia, though.
Nostalgia - I love seeing and recognising the old cars. I learned to drive in a Ford Anglia

Roger Allam and Anton Lesser are brilliant actors and Shaun Evans is shaping up very well.

Threads
Endeavour.

Lovely show, from an era I wish I'd lived through, or one I wish I still lived in tbh.

It's the precursor to Inspector Morse, about his early life, if you're into that sort of thing. I love it myself- slow paced, aesthetically lovely, and intelligent.

Lewis too, the post Morse show, is also very good. I'm a sucker for nostalgia, though.
Excellent series. As I know Oxford pretty well, I love spotting the local references and locations, too.

Threads
I have just finished watching the TV show "Legion".

It was broadcast on Fox on the Sky Platform. Not sure if Virgin show Fox? Either way im pretty sure you can get it from alternative places!

I didn't know anything about the background of this show other than it seemed supernatural in origin and it looked pretty cool. It was only after the first three episodes I discovered its a prequel to the X-Men.

Im not really a big fan of the X-Men, however this show is nothing like th X-Men in my view, in fact you may be like me and not even realise they are in the slightest way connected other than the fact that these "mutants" have special powers. The prudcier of the show has previously said that although its related to the X-Men Universe it wont actually be following the movies or be connected with them. He has been given the creative licence to do with the show as he pleases.

The show opens up with our main character "David" who has been hearing voices all his life and he believes himself to be schizophrenic and is in an institute called clockworks. It transpires that David is not as crazy as he seems and actually has a demon parasite living inside him trying to control him. He has special powers, however he does not realise this until he is rescued by others with gifts like him.

I wont spoil the show but what more I can tell you is that the whole thing is beautifully shot and it chooses a beautiful colour scheme. It is also one of those shows that have easter eggs scattered all around the screen and you could re-watch the thing 2 or 3 ties and still pick up stuff you missed the first time. It really is well made and quite impressive.

The first season has just finished being broadcast so now is an excellent chance to binge watch a very well made show.

Great show. Lcve how they throw every thing in the filmmaking toybox at it!

Threads
I would like to recommend a TV show that is both beautiful and a magical piece of art.

As a grown man this show can bring me to tears.

The show is called the Leftovers, made by HBO.

It focuses on the sudden disappearance of 140 million people worldwide, no reason is given other than these people simply vanished in front of people. The show does not focuss on the reasons why and how, but more on the people left behind and how the world copes with the loss of family members, loved ones or famous people for no reason.

The show is on its third and final season and in my view will be considered in years to come as one of the best ever shows to grace our Televiosn screens.

The show is a beautiful piece of art, well acted, thought provoking and stunning.

I highly recommend this show.

Not sure where you can watch it, unless you use alternative means to access it!

Loved this show.

Top Bottom