Recommend a TV Show

Fargo - season one. Great season which has nothing to do with the film apart from the location and general vibe. The enigmatic hitman troupe is played out here and it works out well. Nice guy Lester Nygaard suffers a beat-down from an old high school bully and later happens to bump into hitman Lorne Malvo. Events soon spiral out of control and Lester 'breaks bad' a la Walter White. It's quite similar in some sense to Collateral (2004) another dark, cryptic hitman meets a nice guy taxi driver. The driver turns out to be a very different character to Lester Nygaard, a dark side is never unleashed.

Two classic examples of rascal-comedy that I grew up with. They don't make this stuff anymore Minder & The Phil Silvers Show.

Must watch Minder at some point. I caught some of the show when it was syndicated on one of these niche channels years ago but it was before my time anyway. It sounds a bit like Only Fools and Horses and just a bit like The Long Good Friday. Basically the London Underworld or just links to it in the late 70s and 80s.

2pacs

Donator
Premium Account
Ive heard about Fargo, a good few people have said its brilliant.

Will check it out, thanks.

Just seen True detective season 1, It was kino, A bit dark., i hear there is a season 2 but its not well reviewed.

Helen Back

Donator
Premium Account

Helen Back

Donator
Premium Account
Breaking Bad ( Netfix ) of course, although I came late to it and many of you will have seen it already.

Why? The complexity of the human psyche--how a good man in the wrong circumstances can lose his moral compass.
Plus Western-style gunfights, car chases, drug busts--all human life is there.
Breaking Bad - Wikipedia

And because I wish I could start watching it all over again for the first time..

Breaking Bad ( Netfix ) of course, although I came late to it and many of you will have seen it already.

Why? The complexity of the human psyche--how a good man in the wrong circumstances can lose his moral compass.
Plus Western-style gunfights, car chases, drug busts--all human life is there.
Breaking Bad - Wikipedia

And because I wish I could start watching it all over again for the first time..
Such wonderful storytelling.

Breaking Bad was brilliant. Up there with the Sopranos.

I loved the Wallander series with Krister Henriksson and Johanna Sällström - RIP. Cannot watch it now after her suicide. Looking back you can see the deterioration in her condition through the series. Henning Mankell (The author) was so upset that he stopped writing a planned series about the character Linda

Totally hooked on "Unforgotten" - Nicola Walker is a marvelous actress.

It's starting to remind me of LOST, a great opening series, but just meandering nonsense to follow?
I hope I'm wrong.....

Top Bottom