• Before posting anything about the COVID-19 virus, please read this first Click Here

Rathgar Immigrant yaps that he hasn't got Roof Top Access & a Free Gym at his Doorstep

Dublin 4

Donator
PI Member
"Tenia Karim says soon after he moved into his one-bedroom apartment in January 2019 he left his gym in nearby Dartry to join the gym on his doorstep.

However Mr Karim was told he could not join because he lives in Orwell Hall."

“I was brought up with principles and dignity.

This hurts my dignity.

They do not like when I say ‘discrimination’ but what other word do they want to use?”

Oh poor Tenia, maybe if we bump into any of his Friends in the Irish Pub Kurdistan we'll have a Drink & commiserate or as Basil Fawlty would say order him a Tea Cosy for his Pepper Pot...

NB: NO YOBBOSPEAK / CATCALLING ON THIS THREAD!

Charlottesweb

PI Member
I doubt mr karim pays the massive management company fees that fund amenities like onsite gyms.

Maybe he should console himself with living in a really nice part of dublin, in an A rated home, with easy access to all the facilities of rathgar and terenure, for a fraction of the cost that the majority of his neighbours are paying.

Florence

PI Member
The Irish Times article raises relevant questions - DCC has bought 19 units in the upmarket Marianella complex in Rathgar under Part V of the Housing Act 2000 which was intended to introduce some sort of social mix into private housing estates. The DCC tenants have all been put in a block called Orwell Hall and excluded from benefits , other than the gym, that the non social tenants/owners enjoy. For example, they cannot have pets, as the other residents can.

It sounds like apartheid in Rathgar.

Now I would question why the man from Kurdistan has been given one of these apartments. He is obviously working as he had a gym membership in Dartry before moving in here. Gyms in Dartry would not be the budget variety! As a single man, surely he is not priority for social housing. He must have been on the DCC housing list to have been considered for social housing in any form. To be on the list a single person needs a NET income not exceeding €35,000 pa. This is approx equivalent to a gross salary of €43,500 pa, which is not poverty. I have single friends on the DCC housing list and they know they will be lucky to get an offer of anything by pension age so I am wondering why this (presumably) non national got this nice place.

IrishJohn

PI Member
The Irish Times article raises relevant questions - DCC has bought 19 units in the upmarket Marianella complex in Rathgar under Part V of the Housing Act 2000 which was intended to introduce some sort of social mix into private housing estates. The DCC tenants have all been put in a block called Orwell Hall and excluded from benefits , other than the gym, that the non social tenants/owners enjoy. For example, they cannot have pets, as the other residents can.

Now I would question why the man from Kurdistan has been given one of these apartments. He is obviously working as he had a gym membership in Dartry before moving in here. Gyms in Dartry would not be the budget variety! As a single man, surely he is not priority for social housing. He must have been on the DCC housing list to have been considered for social housing in any form. To be on the list a single person needs a NET income not exceeding €35,000 pa. This is approx equivalent to a gross salary of €43,500 pa, which is not poverty. I have single friends on the DCC housing list and they know they will be lucky to get an offer of anything by pension age so I am wondering why this (presumably) non national got this nice place.

It seems that Non-Nationals get moved to the top of the housing list.

Also they can play the race card if they don't get their way.

BSA

PI Member
A
"Tenia Karim says soon after he moved into his one-bedroom apartment in January 2019 he left his gym in nearby Dartry to join the gym on his doorstep.

However Mr Karim was told he could not join because he lives in Orwell Hall."

“I was brought up with principles and dignity.

This hurts my dignity.

They do not like when I say ‘discrimination’ but what other word do they want to use?”

Oh poor Tenia, maybe if we bump into any of his Friends in the Irish Pub Kurdistan we'll have a Drink & commiserate or as Basil Fawlty would say order him a Tea Cosy for his Pepper Pot...

NB: NO YOBBOSPEAK / CATCALLING ON THIS THREAD!
At least he didn't have to suffer the living hell of low thread bed sheets...or mismatched bed linens..

Florence

PI Member
I wonder if the Dartry gym the man from Kurdistan left for Marianella was the Dartry Health Club in Palmerston Gardens?

It says on the clubs website that membership is only €2.60 per day (€949 pa).

ShumanTheHuman

PI Member

If I didn't know better Id think a shIT sub editor wanted to highlight this geezers monstrous sense of entitlement. When you contrast it to the other tale of the Irish couple who have lost both their children and were forced to give up their pet dog, this guys tale of outraged dignity is pretty hard to stomach.

But like you say the segregated nature of the different categories of residents just shows the sham of Social Inclusion measures. The government should be funding the councils to build social housing instead of show horning people for the housing lists into private developments

Top Bottom