Racing Extinction NEW environmental documentry

Threads
Racing extinction ( 2015)

Oscar-winning director Louie Psihoyos assembles a team of artists and activists on an undercover operation to expose the hidden world of endangered species and the race to protect them against mass extinction. Spanning the globe to infiltrate the world’s most dangerous black markets and using high tech tactics to document the link between carbon emissions and species extinction, Racing Extinction reveals stunning, never-before seen images that truly change the way we see the world.

[font=Roboto, arial, sans-serif]Racing Extinction - Extended Sneak Peek | Dec 2 9/8c[/font]
[font=Roboto, arial, sans-serif][font=Roboto, arial, sans-serif]Humans are causing the mass extinction of animal species all across the globe and not enough is being done to stop it. In RACING EXTINCTION, a team of artists and activists look to expose the hidden world of extinction with never-before-seen images that will change the way we see the planet. [/font][/font]

[font=Roboto, arial, sans-serif][font=Roboto, arial, sans-serif]
[/font]
[/font]

Karloff

PI Member
Threads
The Chinese have signaled their intention to resolutely resist dragging themselves in the modern era by re-opening the trade for Pangolins and Tiger parts and Rhino horns....

Experts fear impact of China lifting trade ban on tiger and rhino parts

To be honest if the Chinese were to vanish tomorrow, all we would miss would be all the cheap tat, even historically what have they given us in the last 1000 years? I would rather live under a Jewish-Orthodox global hegemony than a Han Chinese hegemony controlled by the Beijing regime.

Awoken

Staff member
Donator
Premium Account
PI Member
Threads
The Chinese have signaled their intention to resolutely resist dragging themselves in the modern era by re-opening the trade for Pangolins and Tiger parts and Rhino horns....

Experts fear impact of China lifting trade ban on tiger and rhino parts

To be honest if the Chinese were to vanish tomorrow, all we would miss would be all the cheap tat, even historically what have they given us in the last 1000 years? I would rather live under a Jewish-Orthodox global hegemony than a Han Chinese hegemony controlled by the Beijing regime.
The century of humilation halted them from founding the industrial revolution. British created the opium wars to halt their technical advances.

Karloff

PI Member
Threads
The century of humilation halted them from founding the industrial revolution. British created the opium wars to halt their technical advances.
The industrial revolution was already underway in Europe when the West started the Opium wars.

It's a pity Europe did not colonise them and force them to adapt to European ways. I used to be a strong denouncer of colonialism (partly because of my Irish Nationalist sympathies) but the more i see the rest of the world 'rise' the more i am renouncing those views.

Awoken

Staff member
Donator
Premium Account
PI Member
Threads
The industrial revolution was already underway in Europe when the West started the Opium wars.

It's a pity Europe did not colonise them and force them to adapt to European ways. I used to be a strong denouncer of colonialism (partly because of my Irish Nationalist sympathies) but the more i see the rest of the world 'rise' the more i am renouncing those views.
You should read the Chinese presidents book of phrases.

Karloff

PI Member
Threads
It's like an antisocial dumb ADHD/ODD kid being let into an empty Louvre with a chainsaw and a flamethrower.

Millions of species, some incredibly beautiful, some with senses that we do not have (in that sense are they 'superior' to us?), some with secrets of biology locked in their genes that could in the future do amazing things. And humans treat them all like garbage to be bulldozed over while we replicate and copy ourselves and our human monoculture of consumerism and hedonism all over the planet. Our descendants may not curse us because they probably won't even be able to believe the things we were gifted that we took for granted. A teeming blue planet full of every kind of beauty and brimming with resources.

I said this elsewhere but humans 100 years ago were richer than humans today if you look at it in terms of entropy.. in terms of potential. We could be considered to be 'on the clock' having a certain time to 'get our act together' - two things racing one of them is our expanding knowledge this is the positive and the other is our diminishing resources, our polluting dying planet evolving psychopathic political/economic systems - which will win or will they both win?

I won't be around, i want our governments to force us to save the planet - i do not want them to pander to our laziness or our hedonism or decadence on this one issue. I support 100% authoritarianism when it comes to the environment, i want our leaders to care and to force it upon us, it is the most important issue.

Threads
The destruction of many species is my ambition in life.
The idea that conserving and preserving everything is idiotic.

Karloff

PI Member
Threads
Marches tomorrow Saturday 17th Nov in Dublin against the destruction of wildlife and biodiversity.

Events across Ireland this weekend to call for action to halt ‘ecological collapse’

The family-friendly events taking place tomorrow at 2pm in Belfast, Cork, Dublin, and Galway are part of an International Day of Action with similar protests taking place across 10 countries.

Organisers in Dublin expect to see up to 1,000 people, as well as civil society and environmental NGOs, students and politicians, outside the Natural History Museum tomorrow afternoon.

Demonstrators are also set to meet tomorrow afternoon outside the City Hall in both Cork and Belfast and at the Salthill Promenade in Galway.

Top Bottom