Welcome to Political Irish

We believe in free legal speech, fair play and good discussion. Sign up and join in!

Register Log in

Psychoanalysis as pedocover

Tadhg Gaelach

Staff member
Premium
PI Member
But quantum physics experiments, such as the double slit, are repeatable.
There's no way of verifying any of Freud's theories that I'm aware of.

He's an interesting character, but as a historical figure, not someone whose theories deserve serious consideration.

All that shows is that the human mind is much more complex than photons passing through slits.

Tadhg Gaelach

Staff member
Premium
PI Member
Low energy?

I'm suggesting that it's a group selected trait.
Groups with a certain percentage of homosexual males outcompete groups with none.

You have to remember that the murder rate in pre-agricultural societies was estimated to be as high as 50%.
Even bringing that percentage down slightly will be decisive over multiple generations when you consider exponential growth rates.

Low energy for the individual in question. He \ she has accepted the eunuch's role. It may well work out better for the group in times of food shortage, but a tribe that's aggressively conquering land needs all its members producing children.

genememe

DEPORTED
Low energy for the individual in question. He \ she has accepted the eunuch's role. It may well work out better for the group in times of food shortage, but a tribe that's aggressively conquering land needs all its members producing children.
All the women reproducing.

In the reproduction stakes, males are surplus to requirement beyond a certain point.

genememe

DEPORTED
Homosexual soy boys make bad soldiers.
Most soy boys are low status heterosexuals.

Homosexuals in the past would've filled roles such as mediators and village shaman.
Niches in the group interest as supposed to nihilistic hedonism.

They were probably permitted to indulge their sexuality provided they fulfilled their responsibilities to the tribe first.

Tadhg Gaelach

Staff member
Premium
PI Member
Most soy boys are low status heterosexuals.

Homosexuals in the past would've filled roles such as mediators and village shaman.
Niches in the group interest as supposed to nihilistic hedonism.

They were probably permitted to indulge their sexuality provided they fulfilled their responsibilities to the tribe first.

I never heard that Shamen were homos.

SwordOfStCatherine

Staff member
Premium
PI Member
I agree that homosexuality is a low energy position. It's an acceptance that you don't have the power to win females against the competition of stronger rivals. But, none of that contradicts Freud. He was pointing out the fact that this decision is made during the Oedipus Complex.
I think it could much more easily come from a terror of the feminine with males and the masculine with females rather than from fear of same sex competition as such. Even in healthy people the primordial essence of your sexual opposite can invoke fear to the same degree that it produces fascination. The intensity that sexual polarity can invoke very easily brings with it fears of obliteration.

Tadhg Gaelach

Staff member
Premium
PI Member
I think it could much more easily come from a terror of the feminine with males and the masculine with females rather than from fear of same sex competition as such. Even in healthy people the primordial essence of your sexual opposite can invoke fear to the same degree that it produces fascination. The intensity that sexual polarity can invoke very easily brings with it fears of obliteration.

Very true. It takes a great deal of psychic energy to accept the reality of sexual difference and to transfer your libidinal drives towards that which is different to you. Homosexuals fail at this leap into the unknown.

GodsDog

Staff member
Premium
PI Member
Kids do have both a brain and genitals. Presumably both in working order.

The genitals relay certain signals to the brain dependent on whatever stimuli are occurring
and the brain synthesises an "experience"
The kid does not have any meaningful context to put all this in yet but still has to somehow rationalise such "experiences"
and integrate this information into their (naive) model of reality (which is hugely influenced by cultural norms and cues)

Call that whatever you like
But it's just a statement of facts.

SwordOfStCatherine

Staff member
Premium
PI Member
Very true. It takes a great deal of psychic energy to accept the reality of sexual difference and to transfer your libidinal drives towards that which is different to you. Homosexuals fail at this leap into the unknown.
But I mean it might not have anything to do with libido levels as such, but rather for instance in the case of the males a primordial terror of their sexual organ being bitten off and consumed by that of the female or something along those lines.

Tadhg Gaelach

Staff member
Premium
PI Member
But I mean it might not have anything to do with libido levels as such, but rather for instance in the case of the males a primordial terror of their sexual organ being bitten off and consumed by that of the female or something along those lines.

That really the fear of sexual difference. The heterosexual male will learn to accept that the female organ might be the result of a violent castration, and that this castration might befall his own penis if he has any contact with the castrated female organ. The homosexual cannot bring himself to make this leap into danger.

Top Bottom