• Welcome to Political Irish.

Why not open a free account and view the site without Adverts.

Please note, for first registration you must not use a VPN, VPN registrations will be refused entry.

Click Here to sign up!

COVID-19 Prof Luke O'Neill declines covid19 vaccination

Polyco

PI Member
Mar 28, 2020
And I don't agree with everything SF say and do, though they do seem to have stepped back a bit from that position.
It seems the further left you look the more support there is for extreme lockdown, with the extreme right seemingly taking the polar opposite view.
At least there is some recognition now that covidsism is a political movement and not a public health issue. Whether it is to the right or left is immaterial as it seems to rejoice in the more despotic elements of both. I have always considered myself a bit of a lefty but now I am labelled far right, along with neo-nazis, because of my determined examination of the covid narrative. Whatever the actual labels applied the inescapable fact is that we have seen tyranny imposed over the last year and our clueless politicians nodding through the enabling legislation without debate or question.

Champ

PI Member
Aug 17, 2020
Pat Kenny said everyone over 18 should be vaccinated in time for the next College term. What happened to Pat? Surely he knows about the yellow card reporting system- OK - a lot of the people who died within 28 days of getting the jab (approx 800 from AZ in UK and 300+ from Pfizer) were elderly, but a lot of those whose deaths were from, or associated with, Covid were elderly. With daughters, why is he not asking questions about the risks?

jpc

PI Member
May 7, 2018
At least there is some recognition now that covidsism is a political movement and not a public health issue. Whether it is to the right or left is immaterial as it seems to rejoice in the more despotic elements of both. I have always considered myself a bit of a lefty but now I am labelled far right, along with neo-nazis, because of my determined examination of the covid narrative. Whatever the actual labels applied the inescapable fact is that we have seen tyranny imposed over the last year and our clueless politicians nodding through the enabling legislation without debate or question.

Never a truer observation!

Whatever the actual labels applied the inescapable fact is that we have seen tyranny imposed over the last year and our clueless politicians nodding through the enabling legislation without debate or question.

AsTheQuoFlies

PI Member
Jan 21, 2021
Never a truer observation!

Whatever the actual labels applied the inescapable fact is that we have seen tyranny imposed over the last year and our clueless politicians nodding through the enabling legislation without debate or question.
That paragraph stood out, the sad reality we inhabit. Emergency powers, even without pandemic but kept alive through constant fear, can trample on any individual right and seemingly preclude any substantive debate/questioning prior to passing/implementing legislation.

The Field Marshal

PI Member
Oct 2, 2018
That paragraph stood out, the sad reality we inhabit. Emergency powers, even without pandemic but kept alive through constant fear, can trample on any individual right and seemingly preclude any substantive debate/questioning prior to passing/implementing legislation.
Not only that but the normal community relationships of support and social co-operation with an Garda Siochana have bean badly soured.
This will diminish their effectiveness in curbing crime.

jpc

PI Member
May 7, 2018
Not only that but the normal community relationships of support and social co-operation with an Garda Siochana have bean badly soured.
This will diminish their effectiveness in curbing crime.
Most likely.
Let's hope it isn't so.
The Metropolitan police especially aren't going to be viewed as anymore than jobsworths with no disgression.

The Field Marshal

PI Member
Oct 2, 2018
Most likely.
Let's hope it isn't so.
The Metropolitan police especially aren't going to be viewed as anymore than jobsworths with no disgression.
Prior to these ill thought out covid regulations I viewed the Garda as a person whose priorities are to protect the community.
Since then I view the Garda as somebody whose priorities are to investigate the community.

A shift of that nature is disastrous and the responsibility for this damaging of Garda community relationships rests with Drew Harris and his political masters whoever they are or if they even exist .

I know this aforementioned is off topic but Prof ONeill is a part of this new problem.

IrishJohn

PI Member
Sep 12, 2018
Prior to these ill thought out covid regulations I viewed the Garda as a person whose priorities are to protect the community.
Since then I view the Garda as somebody whose priorities are to investigate the community.

A shift of that nature is disastrous and the responsibility for this damaging of Garda community relationships rests with Drew Harris and his political masters whoever they are or if they even exist .

I know this aforementioned is off topic but Prof ONeill is a part of this new problem.

The Garda have always been corrupt and unprofessional but its only now that the middle classes are becoming aware of that fact.

Many people use to think that you had to be some sort of criminal if you were getting hassle from the Garda.

jpc

PI Member
May 7, 2018
Luke O Neill accused by a University of Florida academic of using without permission (aka plagiarising) a graphic she created. And using it inappropriately in her judgement going by her comment

That's a bit harsh.
Maybe he should have credited the graph.
But I wouldn't loose the plot over this.