Hot Pro Life Campaign News \ Constituency News

Tadhg Gaelach

Donator
Premium Account
This is a thread for news from the Pro Life Campaign, with a focus on constituency news. I see Keith Mills has done a chart of how he sees the vote having to go if we are to win. It's early days, but it gives an idea of what needs to be done. Dublin is usually the most Liberal constituency and he is talking account of the possibility of loosing every one of its constituencies. I think that may be a bit pessimistic, but it's good to take the worst case scenario.

The optimum strategy seems to be that each rural canvass team keep their own locality ticking over whilst doing a stint boosting teams in their provincial capitals.

I'm not going to marinate in the percentage predictions game because I think with these taboo issues large swathes of opinion remain undetected. The big pro-life march is a powerful sign though but for the average pro-lifer its just about knuckling down, doing the door stuff until this obscene auction is finally over and done with.

Tadhg Gaelach

Donator
Premium Account
The optimum strategy seems to be that each rural canvass team keep their own locality ticking over whilst doing a stint boosting teams in their provincial capitals.

I'm not going to marinate in the percentage predictions game because I think with these taboo issues large swathes of opinion remain undetected. The big pro-life march is a powerful sign though but for the average pro-lifer its just about knuckling down, doing the door stuff until this obscene auction is finally over and done with.

I fully agree that this will be won out on the canvas - not in the media or social media.

I fully agree that this will be won out on the canvas - not in the media or social media.
Official repeal campaigners are out and out clowns. They are crypto-pro-lifers at this stage in that they've made a mockery of the abortion side playing dress up and claiming that men too can get pregnant. I knew they'd be poor but the level of self pawnage we've seen would be too much even for a sitcom script.

The big campaign force is the media monopoly and they'll use their largesse to try to normalise it. That is heavy artillery. But the resentment people hold towards O'Brien and having to hand cash to pay D'arcy's wages means that the stock the media has has never been so low. It'll be a winding road but with face to face contact from congenial pro-lifers there is a very clear road for pro-lifers to win this thing.

Any Cork constituency with "Central" in the name can be written off. Limerick city's a lost cause too.

Last edited:
99% of polls I've seen are 80% at least against repeal.
One was 25% for repeal and was done by some iffy libtard crowd.
The Irish Slimes put out a fake chart saying 55% wanted repeal or something like that. Debunked shite and lies.
Don't get complacent. This will be knife edge.

Tadhg Gaelach

Donator
Premium Account
Micheál Martin 'furious' after 'five or six' TDs lead Fianna Fáil rejection of 8th Amendment vote

There was surprise on Wednesday when 21 Fianna Fáil TDs voted against holding a referendum on the issue.

It is understood that Mr Martin, who previously came out strongly in favour of repeal and access to abortion up to the 12th week of pregnancy, was furious after the vote.

Fianna Fáil TDs who voted against holding a referendum yesterday rejected accusations that they acted to block democracy.

Many defended the stance, claiming they could not accept the wording put forward by the Government.

Carlow-Kilkenny TD Bobby Aylward said: “I am a democrat, I had no problem with the question going to the people, but when I saw it set down and the wording that we were putting to the people, I couldn’t accept it.

Micheál Martin 'furious' after 'five or six' TDs lead Fianna Fáil rejection of 8th Amendment vote

Top Bottom