Welcome to Political Irish

We believe in free legal speech, fair play and good discussion. Sign up and join in!

Register Log in

Predict how many votes Gemma will get in DF by election

Atlantean Irish

PI Member
Had a serious argument with a sheep last Saturday.
She told me that she had always voted for FG but she was fed up with them and voted for FF as the candidate was "Nice" ..Give me strength.
As long as nationalists keep turning them off, they will see "respectable" established parties who don't rock the boat, as the parties that will at the very least make sure, enough money for food, a roof and the TV licence is coming into the household.

Atlantean Irish

PI Member
Given the 'act of immigration' involves 'people' then it's fair to say many here are anti-migrant. A poster described the 27 asylum seekers in Leitrim as 'savages' - you don't think that's aimed at the 'people'.

So in essence people are stupid except the enlightened mob here?

Utter nonsense and there is no evidence to back either of these assertions.
No, it's not. You're missing the logic there. Listen.

I meet lovely immigrants all the time, very nice people. In no way am I against them as people, as you stated, migrants are people, and as I am stating, I come across immigrants all the time whom I am in no way against. Thus you cannot then put the logical statement of: "you are against people who are migrants, ergo you are anti-migrant"....that is illogical for the logic I have just shown which disproves that argument.

There are plenty of immigrants, who, just like people everywhere, are shitty and not nice.

You are confusing the act of immigration with people. One can like even some immigrants more than some Irish people, which immediately means that person is not anti-immigrant, it means that person is not anti the person per se who happens to be an immigrant. But the person can be against immigration and only in that context be against "immigrants" but you have to qualify that statement everytime it is used, to mean, one is only against immigrants for the act of immigration, but not against immigrants as people

and since you already qualified your whole contextual usage of that phrase to mean to be against "people" and not merely as people in the act of immigration and for engaging in the act of immigration, then no, you are incorrect and the above rules of logic apply, and you cannot say anti-migrant but must say anti-immigration.

Atlantean Irish

PI Member
Given the 'act of immigration' involves 'people' then it's fair to say many here are anti-migrant. A poster described the 27 asylum seekers in Leitrim as 'savages' - you don't think that's aimed at the 'people'.

Except I didn't say that. I qualified my remark.
What did I say?

If you do not answer this accurately we can accuse you of lying, of trolling.

Atlantean Irish

PI Member

Actually there is plenty of psychological evidence.

It's where the phrase peer pressure comes in. There are ample studies of people being found to conform, of policing themselves even when the guards are not present. These are well-known psychological group dynamic phenomena that are studied for that very reason.
It is why the advertisement industry is a multi billion dollar industry, it is why people have gone back to voting for FF and Greens even after they enslave them with a €220billion debt with more interest onto them and their children every year.

Are you saying people love debt, have no problem with it, because from your logic, the very fact they have gone back into a private ballot box to vote back in their abusers, means according to your logic, they are in love with their abusers.
And you'd be right, it's what's called an abusive relationship, we have it with our own multicult gov, with the EU and want to conform, and fit in with the other slaves and want to be seen to conform and not have any doubt leak out amongst our peers that we did not vote according to the peer narrative, the psychology is that we all want to be onboard and part of the winning or in-flavour or dominant group narrative, even when we are able to vote against it in private. We want to be able to come out and with conviction show to our fellow slaves, no, even with privacy you can count on me boys, I am one of you true and true, I voted for the contrived narrative, woohoo.

That's human psychology buddy, and it's how the elites around the world, get away with so much, you can be sure as shit, the establishment do think the populace is stupid and is easily manipulated, you can hear the contempt and sneer of the ruling and media classes when it is let slip every now and again. And it is all down to the sheep brainwashed insecure nature of group dynamics, group psychology.

Tadhg Gaelach

Staff member
Premium
PI Member
Why then did you use the term 'scam artist' in your previous post?

No one is suggesting that the people are 'far right extremists' but are there 'far right extremists' exploiting fears fro their own ends, yes!

There are no far right extremists in Ireland. If you look at the National Party, who are supposed to be the most right wing party in Ireland, their policies are the same as what Sinn Féin policies were in the 1970s and 80s. Indeed, Fianna Fáil had much the same policies in the 1970s and 80s. In any sort of healthy country, the NP would be described as Centerists.

Jazzhead

PI Member
Born and raised in China to Irish parents, I'd suggest they are Chinese-Irish....Now do me the courtesey of answering my question, no slithering away.
Slithering like a snake you mean, yet I had to ask you twice to answer my question, was that you slithering?
To answer your oh so clever question, the kids nationally legally is probably Italian, but there not Italian, there half Irish half English

Hitchcock

PI Member
No, it's not. You're missing the logic there. Listen.

I meet lovely immigrants all the time, very nice people. In no way am I against them as people, as you stated, migrants are people, and as I am stating, I come across immigrants all the time whom I am in no way against. Thus you cannot then put the logical statement of: "you are against people who are migrants, ergo you are anti-migrant"....that is illogical for the logic I have just shown which disproves that argument.

There are plenty of immigrants, who, just like people everywhere, are shitty and not nice.

You are confusing the act of immigration with people. One can like even some immigrants more than some Irish people, which immediately means that person is not anti-immigrant, it means that person is not anti the person per se who happens to be an immigrant. But the person can be against immigration and only in that context be against "immigrants" but you have to qualify that statement everytime it is used, to mean, one is only against immigrants for the act of immigration, but not against immigrants as people

and since you already qualified your whole contextual usage of that phrase to mean to be against "people" and not merely as people in the act of immigration and for engaging in the act of immigration, then no, you are incorrect and the above rules of logic apply, and you cannot say anti-migrant but must say anti-immigration.
This is called 'reaching' not logic. Spend five minutes on this site and look at the ubiquitous use of words to describe 'migrants' such as 'scammers', 'rapists', 'carpetbaggers', 'welfare tourists', 'savages', the list goes on an on...That is not the language of people who have some concerns about migration, that's the language of people who seek to propogate anti-migrant sentiment and deliberatley use a particular type of language to do so.

Hitchcock

PI Member
Except I didn't say that. I qualified my remark.
What did I say?

Except I didn't say that.
I didn't say you did, it was my interpretation of your statement below. However the implication is quite clear.

Set up a culture that being against something is bad and you are a bad person, and the people will police their own minds, even in the ballot box, bcz people want to genuinely appear to their peers in the narrative brainwashed mob, that they too are on the winning side of whatever flavour of the month narrative is pushes on society
Let me be clear here, I don't lie and I don't troll - so stop throwing around false allegations.

Hitchcock

PI Member
Slithering like a snake you mean, yet I had to ask you twice to answer my question, was that you slithering?
To answer your oh so clever question, the kids nationally legally is probably Italian, but there not Italian, there half Irish half English
If the cap fits by all means wear it!

To answer your oh so clever question,
Not clever, just a reality for so many people - you should get out more.

the kids nationally legally is probably Italian, but there not Italian, there half Irish half English
So born in Italy, raised in Italy, educated in Italy, live in Italy but not Italian....

Top Bottom