Welcome to Political Irish

We believe in free legal speech, fair play and good discussion. Sign up and join in!

Register Log in

Predict how many votes Gemma will get in DF by election

Jazzhead

PI Member
What are you basing that on?

Why is it strange? Why wouldn't I be happy to see it grow, is there a reason you don't want it to grow?

Highly, highly unlikely to happen.
I'd say % is higher because not everyone does the census and just what i see around the country as I travel for work a bit,

Jazzhead

PI Member

Why is it strange? Why wouldn't I be happy to see it grow, is there a reason you don't want it to grow?

I'd say % is higher because not everyone does the census and just what i see around the country as I sometimes travel a lot for work

You say you're happy to see the numbers of foreign born here grow, why is that? Do you prefer them over Irish people? That's racist!!!!!!

Hitchcock

PI Member
I'd say % is higher because not everyone does the census and just what i see around the country as I travel for work a bit,
Indeed, about 8 people - that will make a big difference to the figures. That's quite subjective, perhaps you travel to places where there's high numbers of foreign born, that said I'd be interested to know how you know they are foreighn born?

Hitchcock

PI Member
I'd say % is higher because not everyone does the census and just what i see around the country as I sometimes travel a lot for work

You say you're happy to see the numbers of foreign born here grow, why is that? Do you prefer them over Irish people? That's racist!!!!!!
So you posed the question, didn't wait for an answer and then jumped into to describe me as racist based on no answer....a bit odd, no?

Hitchcock

PI Member
Absolutely I've said repeatedly on this forum that using unnecessary hostile terms for migrants is both wrong and completely counterproductive. The vast majority of posters on this site are smart enough to direct their focus on the government.
Migrants do not control our immigration system. It wasn't migrants that have decided not to complete even basic background checks on people who've gone on to commit henious crimes. Migrants are not the ones trying to gaslight the public into believing that people who object to the overnight increase in their towns population by 25% are some mythical far right extremists.
Why then did you use the term 'scam artist' in your previous post?

Migrants are not the ones trying to gaslight the public into believing that people who object to the overnight increase in their towns population by 25% are some mythical far right extremists.
No one is suggesting that the people are 'far right extremists' but are there 'far right extremists' exploiting fears fro their own ends, yes!

Milominderbender

PI Member
Why then did you use the term 'scam artist' in your previous post?

No one is suggesting that the people are 'far right extremists' but are there 'far right extremists' exploiting fears fro their own ends, yes!
If someone came into our store and tried to obtain goods and services using a forged check we are completely in our rights to call that person a scam artist.
I presume it is this post your referring to. Yes we are perfectly entitled to refer to people who use false documents to gain access to our country resources as scam artists. To soft peddle such outrageous behaviour is to infantilise people. In fact that would be racist.

Jazzhead

PI Member
Indeed, about 8 people - that will make a big difference to the figures. That's quite subjective, perhaps you travel to places where there's high numbers of foreign born, that said I'd be interested to know how you know they are foreighn born?
8 people?????
It's amazing how I work out people are foreign born, I use my ears, their accents are a dead give away, aren't I clever

Hitchcock

PI Member
I presume it is this post your referring to. Yes we are perfectly entitled to refer to people who use false documents to gain access to our country resources as scam artists. To soft peddle such outrageous behaviour is to infantilise people. In fact that would be racist.
Indeed you can if you feel that's necessary but it's important to be very specific and not to generalise against all migrants.

Hitchcock

PI Member
8 people?????
It's amazing how I work out people are foreign born, I use my ears, their accents are a dead give away, aren't I clever
Yep 8 attempted prosecutions for non compliance with the census, that said I'm not shocked you did no research.

Interesting, so you make a note of every 'foreign' accent you hear, tell me how do you distinguish them from tourists? :LOL: Do you include English accents/American/Australian - is it all foreigners you're eavesdropping?

BTW my friend's kids born in Ireland speak English with a strong Polish accent as they speak Polish at home. You can tell that Nigerian teenagers conversing in Yaruba are Irish born or foreign born?

Jazzhead

PI Member
Wow, you
Yep 8 attempted prosecutions for non compliance with the census, that said I'm not shocked you did no research.

Interesting, so you make a note of every 'foreign' accent you hear, tell me how do you distinguish them from tourists? :LOL: Do you include English accents/American/Australian - is it all foreigners you're eavesdropping?

BTW my friend's kids born in Ireland speak English with a strong Polish accent as they speak Polish at home. You can tell that Nigerian teenagers conversing in Yaruba are Irish born or foreign born?
You're really not very bright are you, you honestly think 8 people is a correct figure?
More likely you're just being disingenuous, by the way, you're friends kids are polish, if my wife and I have a baby that happened to be born in China, it wouldn't be Chinese, or maybe you're so far gone you would consider it Chinese,

Hitchcock

PI Member
You're really not very bright are you, you honestly think 8 people is a correct figure?
More likely you're just being disingenuous, by the way, you're friends kids are polish, if my wife and I have a baby that happened to be born in China, it wouldn't be Chinese, or maybe you're so far gone you would consider it Chinese,
I can only go on what's reported in the media but perhaps yu have better sources, so off you go Mr superior intellect, show us the evidence that there is a vast number of people not filling in the census thereby leading to an underestimation of the number of foreign born people here.

More likely you're just being disingenuous,
I think that cap fits you much better....The Central Statistics Office is to serve court summons on up to eight people for failing to fill out their census forms

you're friends kids are polish, if my wife and I have a baby that happened to be born in China, it wouldn't be Chinese, or maybe you're so far gone you would consider it Chinese,
Ah, this little chestnut, the kids are Irish....tell me, if an Irish man and an English woman have two kids in Italy what nationality are the kids?

Jazzhead

PI Member
I can only go on what's reported in the media but perhaps yu have better sources, so off you go Mr superior intellect, show us the evidence that there is a vast number of people not filling in the census thereby leading to an underestimation of the number of foreign born people here.

I think that cap fits you much better....The Central Statistics Office is to serve court summons on up to eight people for failing to fill out their census forms

Ah, this little chestnut, the kids are Irish....tell me, if an Irish man and an English woman have two kids in Italy what nationality are the kids?
So what's your answer Chinese yes or no?

Top Bottom