Welcome to Political Irish

We believe in free legal speech, fair play and good discussion. Sign up and join in!

Register Log in

Pope Francis honours Dutch Pro-Abortion Activist with Papal Knighthood

Tadhg Gaelach

Staff member
Donator
Premium
PI Member

I must say I'm speechless at this. I knew the man was naive to say the least, but this is really beyond the bounds of reason.

Pope Francis has conferred the title of “Commander of the Pontifical Equestrian Order of St. Gregory the Great” on Lilianne Ploumen, a Dutch politician and vocal agitator for abortion rights.

Last year, Ploumen founded a pro-abortion organization called She Decides, which offers funding and support for international NGOs that provide, facilitate or campaign for abortion.

In an email to the Catholic Herald, Ms. Ploumen said that she was “very honoured” by the pontifical medal, which was sent via the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs last month.

In an interview with Dutch radio, Ploumen said she views the honor as a sign of the pope’s progressivism, as well as acknowledgement for her work in supporting abortion rights.

Pope Francis Honors Dutch Abortion Activist with Pontifical Medal of Knighthood

SwordOfStCatherine

Staff member
Premium
PI Member
He isn't a canonical Pope.

However he is a very sinister character. I have been holding off on doing a thread on his relationship with Zionism.

Word to the wise- if you are having Theologically arguments with the Eastern Orthodox just say he isn't a canonical Pope otherwise they will take you to the cleaners.

D

Deleted member 1300

Non Registered Member
I think he's going to gradually soften the church's stance on abortion, as much as he can anyway. He's already granted priests the 'faculty to absolve those who have committed the sin of procured abortion'
I'm not by any means an expert on Canon Law but I think it's a sign he intends to 'normalise' abortion (again within the limits by which he is constrained)

Slightly off topic but I'm certain that when he visits Ireland he will implore us to take in millions of migrants and I believe this is basically the real reason he's coming here
I would be delighted of course to be wrong on both points

D

Deleted member 1300

Non Registered Member
He isn't a canonical Pope.

However he is a very sinister character. I have been holding off on doing a thread on his relationship with Zionism.

Word to the wise- if you are having Theologically arguments with the Eastern Orthodox just say he isn't a canonical Pope otherwise they will take you to the cleaners.
Why don't you? Sounds very interesting

Pope Francis extends power to forgive abortion - CNN ^^ I didnt see that one.

When they put this guy as papal nuncio to Ireland i thought they were going on the attack, Nigerian archbishop appointed papal nuncio to Ireland
but i havent heard anything out of him.

Rome wakes up to find city full of anti-Pope Francis posters Rome wakes up to find city full of anti-Pope Francis posters
Seems the anti pope feelings are spreading.

Personally I think he will do irreparable damage to the catholic church. Hes more interested in pushing his "ecumenism of blood" spiel, lets all bleed out together.

OP
Tadhg Gaelach

Tadhg Gaelach

Staff member
Donator
Premium
PI Member
It gets worse,

New members of Vatican pro-life academy have defended abortion and contraception

Two more new members of the Pontifical Academy for Life hold controversial positions on bioethics.

Rabbi Professor Avraham Steinberg, one of 45 ordinary members of the Pontifical Council for Life appointed this week, has argued for the permissibility of ending a pregnancy in some cases.
Steinberg told Australia’s Radio National in 2008 that an embryo has “no human status” before 40 days. After 40 days it has “a certain status of a human being, not a full status”.

New members of Vatican pro-life academy have defended abortion and contraception | CatholicHerald.co.uk

That makes sense, as far as Francis is concerned, the Jews are Christians big brother, and you should listen to family.

Conservative Catholics Disrupt Jewish Relations Pope Francis Helped Build In Argentina, Catholics Opposed to Pope Francis Challenge His Legacy of Jewish Relations
The Society, an international organization formed in the wake of the Second Vatican Council by Catholics who opposed the liberalization of church doctrine, rejects the promotion of interfaith dialogue—strongly promoted by Pope Francis, who from Vatican City described Jews as “big brothers” to Catholics in his own observance of the Kristallnacht anniversary. It has gained a particular reputation for anti-Semitism. One of its bishops has been convicted of Holocaust denial in the German courts. In October, the Italian branch offered to hold a funeral for Nazi war criminal Erich Priebke, who had been extradited to Italy from Argentina.

Its a continuous creep of liberal thinking, his reign will be irreparable.

Vatican: ‘Homosexuals have gifts and qualities to offer Christians’
Is this the modern family according to Francis? From gay relationships to extramarital sex, from divorce and remarriage to civil unions, the Roman Catholic church has signalled it is ready to adopt what some see as a markedly more conciliatory tone towards those in “irregular” familial setups.
While clinging to doctrine that considers gay sex wrong and marriage indissoluble, bishops in Rome for the pope’s extraordinary synod on the family endorsed a midway report which said the church should accompany its teachings “with mercy” and focus on the “positive aspects” of different life models.

Last edited:
Top Bottom