Welcome to Political Irish

We believe in free legal speech, fair play and good discussion. Sign up and join in!

Register Log in

Pope Benedict wanted Irish soldiers to remain loyal to the English Crown.

Myles O'Reilly

Top Bloke
Donator
PI Member
Joe Plunkett wasn't around in 1917 either.
So none of Casement, Plunkett or phukking Pope Benedict were around in 1917.

Marshall you doing mushrooms or summat?

subversive writer

PI Member
I expect very few Irish people are quite aware of just how truly insidious Vatican politics are.
Pope Benedict instructed his priest ,a Fr. Crotty of the Dominican order, to preach to Irish soldiers that their duty was in loyalty to the English Crown
The event occurred in Germany in 1917 as Casement inspired agents sought to raise the Irish Brigade from imprisoned Irish soldiers.
This gross manipulation of a soldiers oath of allegiance must be condemned.
Irish soldiers fighting in WW1 in my opinion were entitled to transfer their allegiance to the Irish insurgency that sought Irish independence from Britain.

The Vatican in 1917 was deeply hostile to Irish independence viewing as it did all Irish Catholics as spiritual canon fodder for the re-conversion of Protestant Britain..

Fr, Crottys deeply hypocritical and manipulative sermon no doubt penned by Pope Benedict can be read in the link below.

I don't know why you're surprised the Tudor invasion of Ireland got the stamp for approval from the pope of the time. Churches are nothing more than bastions of power to control the plebs. They will always defer to those most powerful.

Myles O'Reilly

Top Bloke
Donator
PI Member
I always say that Catholic Ireland should have respected the Pope's Laudabiliter - which endorsed the Norman Invasion, and King John as Lord of Ireland.
I'm sure you do. Do you respect Blair's Muslim invasion of your council estate in Newcastle under Lyme?

Black & Trans

PI Member
Clear off idiot.
I am reporting your trolling.
You are making unsubstantiated smears against the Catholic Church to make the paedophile Sir Rogering Casement out as a hero. I take it you have not read The Black Diaries. Casement liked cock. Link. "the diaries reveal Casement as a homosexual who had many partners, had a fondness for young men and mostly paid for sex".

Link2
The most explicit entry takes place on Sunday 1 October, the start of the pheasant shooting season in England. By this account the diarist did little on this journey except fantasise and seek out willing sexual partners or seduce underage boys at every opportunity.

Karloff

PI Member
You are making unsubstantiated smears against the Catholic Church to make the paedophile Sir Rogering Casement out as a hero. I take it you have not read The Black Diaries. Casement liked cock. Link. "the diaries reveal Casement as a homosexual who had many partners, had a fondness for young men and mostly paid for sex".

Link2
Ruth Dudley Edwards, is that you?

Black & Trans

PI Member
Ruth Dudley Edwards, is that you?
Are you denying Casement had not a taste for cock? RDE made her name with unsubstantiated allegations against Pearse, who wrote a very odd poem and was an odd fellow but, with casement, it is case closed.
Casement's big sin to the Brits was allowing black fells to f*** him. The Brits beleived that blacks were there to be rogered, not to roger.
If anti-Catholic sectarians want to have a go at our bleoved Church, they would be much better employed attacking the then King of Belgium, who surely deserves Hell's worst torments.

Karloff

PI Member
I expect very few Irish people are quite aware of just how truly insidious Vatican politics are.
Pope Benedict instructed his priest ,a Fr. Crotty of the Dominican order, to preach to Irish soldiers that their duty was in loyalty to the English Crown
The event occurred in Germany in 1917 as Casement inspired agents sought to raise the Irish Brigade from imprisoned Irish soldiers.
This gross manipulation of a soldiers oath of allegiance must be condemned.
Irish soldiers fighting in WW1 in my opinion were entitled to transfer their allegiance to the Irish insurgency that sought Irish independence from Britain.

The Vatican in 1917 was deeply hostile to Irish independence viewing as it did all Irish Catholics as spiritual canon fodder for the re-conversion of Protestant Britain..

Fr, Crottys deeply hypocritical and manipulative sermon no doubt penned by Pope Benedict can be read in the link below.

Interesting point. We must remember though that the Vatican was always living in the mores of at least 100 years before the Western Europe around it and they valued monarchy as the most ideal form of government and deeply distrusted democracy, republicanism etc because (though we tried our damnedest to prove em wrong post independence) they believed their power and prestige could best be guaranteed through a system of autocratic rule in which kings divinely elected ruled.

Much of the story of our adherence to Catholicism is simply our repudiation of Protestantism which was after all the blueprint of British ethnic cleansing and colonialism here.

Top Bottom