Poll: RTÉ's Director General Dee Forbes has argued for an increase in the TV license fee - but is it what viewers want?

Storybud2

PI Member
RTE viewing figures must be on the floor, the rubbish feminist libtard token Forbes reminds me of Apples Tim Cook,, outsourced all US jobs to China/Taiwan,(thanks to Bill Clinton) basically a fooking moron technically and in every other way but a hatchet man posing as a caring person etc,,,

Cook is a clown getting away with branding money,, Apple invented NOTHING ,, they just copied ideas and branded them,, XEROX should be Apple/Microsoft and The worlds biggest phone/PC provider but they simply threw it away,, (look it up)

It is always about money and pretending to be friendly,, Richard Branson is another fine example of a fooking talentless parasite using the "woke" or what ever other libtard FREE advertising in the media to make millions and as far as I can see all these parasites are just old fashioned snake oil salesmen,,,

Forbes is taking orders from the un-elected ministers, , she is only there to push the agenda , it is like some banana republic,

We now have postcodes, a very simple bit of code would very quickly identify postcodes against paid licence fee's , a simple validation piece of code would throw it up in seconds,

RTE is a fooktard propaganda TAX MACHINE,,, nothing else,,,

blue velvet

Staff member
Premium
PI Member
The govt will not let them go under. It's too important to have a state propaganda organ like RTE.

NiceNin

Donator
Premium
PI Member
The govt will not let them go under. It's too important to have a state propaganda organ like RTE.
I have it on good authority the destruction of RTE was planned a number of years back, to reduce it to a propaganda "1984" style news channel only. Programming was to be dumbed down and handed over to the private sector and the station and its assets quietly sold off in stages.

Broadcasting that Claire Byrne episode on the day Gay Byrne died was shameful. The message being the old Ireland is dead, the new Ireland is for immigrants and you're getting it whether you like it or not.

Last edited:

Florence

PI Member

In this linked article Dee Forbes explains that the RTE stars are worth their money as they work under great pressure............

This made me think of my cousin, a midwife, who works in an understaffed maternity wing and doesn't even have a permanent job as the HSE keep her on agency staff. She earns around 30k pa. Then there is my brother in law, qualified 3 years as a doctor, working all hours in the operating theatre and getting c60K pa including overtime. He is also an experienced physiotherapist, having qualified in that before going on the graduate medical training programme which costs 15k-17.5k pa for fees and there is not grant assistance for this. He could certainly be described as working under pressure.

Many workers regularly work under great pressure doing important work and earn less than my family members (who are not on amazing money for the skilled work they do) mentioned above.

The RTE stars are OVERPAID. Let there be no more excuses.

Last edited:

NiceNin

Donator
Premium
PI Member

In this linked article Dee Forbes explains that the RTE stars are worth their money as they work under great pressure............

This made me think of my cousin, a midwife, who works in an understaffed maternity wing and doesn't even have a permanent job as the HSE keep her on agency staff. She earns around 30k pa. Then there is my brother in law, qualified 3 years as a doctor, working all hours in the operating theatre and getting c60K pa including overtime. He is also an experienced physiotherapist, having qualified in that before gpoing on the graduate medical training programme which costs 15k-17.5k pa for fees and there is not grant assistance for this.. He could certainly be described as working under pressure.

Many workers regularly work under great pressuredoing important work and earn less than my family members mentioned above.

With no disrespect intended I believe it was kindly Uncle Gaybo who kicked the racket off. He was employed by RTE then moved to Granada. Got offered a permanent gig in UK but came back to RTE with the assistance of an agent who negotiated the self-employment structure and fatcat fee and it all flows from there.

page61

PI Member

This made me think of my cousin, a midwife, who works in an understaffed maternity wing and doesn't even have a permanent job as the HSE keep her on agency staff. She earns around 30k pa. Then there is my brother in law, qualified 3 years as a doctor, working all hours in the operating theatre and getting c60K pa including overtime. He is also an experienced physiotherapist, having qualified in that before going on the graduate medical training programme which costs 15k-17.5k pa for fees and there is not grant assistance for this. He could certainly be described as working under pressure.

Many workers regularly work under great pressure doing important work and earn less than my family members mentioned above.

You are right , They cannot talk themselves out of this one .

DO RTE think that people actually like Ryan puberty ..they dont , when he took over figures fell. If you give a monkey the exposure that he has got ,people will tune in , some people permently leave RTE radio on , ..He is atrocious

jpc

PI Member
G

gaelstree

Non Registered Member
I have it on good authority the destruction of RTE was planned a number of years back, to reduce it to a propaganda "1984" style news channel only. Programming was to be dumbed down and handed over to the private sector and the station and its assets quietly sold off in stages.

Broadcasting that Claire Byrne episode on the day Gay Byrne died was shameful. The message being the old Ireland is dead, the new Ireland is for immigrants and you're getting it whether you like it or not.
Part of me is glad RTE are on the wind down, but another part is thinking what's down the line will be even more sophisticated psycho abuse.

G

gaelstree

Non Registered Member

I'm also wondering what the implications of privatisation would be?

Ted

PI Member

Many workers regularly work under great pressure doing important work and earn less than my family members mentioned above.

The question is - why are they paid so much?

Nobody believes there's a Beeb headhunter in the wings waiting to capture d'Arcy, Duffy or Finucane if their fat salaries dip below 200k.

The fact is there's a trough in RTE and a clique who have wormed their way to have their greedy noses firmly stuck in that trough.
Forbes should be asked a few tough questions about her reasons for continuing to pander to rapidly fading "stars".

jmcc

PI Member
Nobody believes there's a Beeb headhunter in the wings waiting to capture d'Arcy, Duffy or Finucane if their fat salaries dip below 200k.
The Beeb gave Tubridy a try-out as a replacement DJ. He lost listeners. Apparently the Beeb never gave him another chance to RTEicise its numbers.