Poll: RTÉ's Director General Dee Forbes has argued for an increase in the TV license fee - but is it what viewers want?

sighthound

PI Member
thats very true thats why they want a charge for computer & device use added into the tv license to spread the net over all folk under the guise of using the RTE player. Anyway they wont get it unless they do it through revenue like the property tax.

OP
Oliver Plunkett

Oliver Plunkett

Donator
PI Member
Defund RTE.
we WASTE 179 million euros every year on RTE.
Keep repeating this online and in the real world. This propaganda organisation received 179,000,000 EVERY year From us the Irish tax payer.
It is no different then China, where they charge the family the cost of the bullet used in an execution.

Wolf

PI Member
Why should I pay a licence fee to be told I am a racist when I can come here and have trolls do that for free?
The only decent thing RTE have is RTE Gold.
Glad I don't pay them their blood money.....

Helen Back

Donator
PI Member
That isn't reform. Tubbs, D'Arcy, Miriam, Marian, Duffy & Co. taking a cut of €60k on their already colossal salaries is a joke; they'll soon make up the balance on private engagements.

"We're selling the RTE Guide (that should plug the hole in the finances, lol) and the top brass are taking pay cuts--now it's YOUR turn to chip in and pay an increased licence fee."

G

gaelstree

Non Registered Member
They should return to what it once was

- one TV channel and one radio station

But TBH I think its beyond saving now...

PS I no longer have a TV.
The establishment need RTE more than ever now, as they double down and ramp up the propaganda.
Let's be honest, it'll never disband. They need to stuff their 'stars' with gold to peddle their shyte.

These 'stars' are the fools though and the joke is ultimately on them. Deep down they must know they are mere marionettes. Imagine spending your whole life in a fake world, just for money. They've sold their souls, and betrayed their own people in many ways.

Ted

PI Member
That isn't reform. Tubbs, D'Arcy, Miriam, Marian, Duffy & Co. taking a cut of €60k on their already colossal salaries is a joke; they'll soon make up the balance on private engagements.

"We're selling the RTE Guide (that should plug the hole in the finances, lol) and the top brass are taking pay cuts--now it's YOUR turn to chip in and pay an increased licence fee."
"Staff reduction of 200".

On an island this size that should be the entire workforce of the state broadcaster.

missy

PI Member
"Staff reduction of 200".

On an island this size that should be the entire workforce of the state broadcaster.
The licence fee should have been done away with 20 years ago.
Amazing how we can privitise so many industries, yet RTE remains.

It's a terrific setup if you think about it.

RTE employees get a large salary for telling everyone that the government is doing such a wonderful job.
The government gets great publicity and in return, green lights the licence fee gravy train.

Meanwhile, the average punter gets fed blatant propaganda and is forced to pay for the privilage.