Poll: RTÉ's Director General Dee Forbes has argued for an increase in the TV license fee - but is it what viewers want?

jpc

PI Member
Pick a few RTE celebrity name's and the answer is pretty easy.

darkhorse3

PI Member

Hiberno

Donator
PI Member
You could put some decent social housing on that Montrose site.
My preference is a combo site for Social Housing, halting site and a Direct provision center.
It could be a beacon for diversity.
We could be World leaders in showing how it's done.
It's high time the groups above were given a chance - "DIVERSITY WILL MAKE YOU FREE RTE"
:p

Vengeful Glutton

PI Member
An option to pay seems like a good idea. Problem is, most people would choose not to pay. Bye bye 6 figure salaries, gilded pensions etc.

There is a similar discussion on another thread in which some people (myself included) have pointed out that it should be privatised.

It probably won't make any difference to the License fee (or whatever they're going to call it); the state will continue to charge that anyway.

I do not wish to see the 1,800 staff lose their jobs - most of them probably don't earn anywhere near the sums management earn (Forbes is earning over 300K - not sure why, she's done the square root of feck all to rejuvenate an ailing channel).

However, it is losing money; regardless of what side of the political fence you're on, the bottom line is King. Moreover, does it broadcast anything that's worth watching? One poster has already pointed out the bias that was evident in two presidential campaigns and others have bemoaned its reluctance to temper its own "progressive" world view with other conflicting world views.

D'internet has seriously changed things. You can pop online and get the ordinary schmoes views on current affairs and often it is much more interesting and at times riveting looking at the vids created by the different characters (whatever their political persuasion) on Youtube. Contrast that with RTE's current affairs programming - it's like a wretched old woman running a 100 meter dash against Usain Bolt.

(Mind you, Youtube does have a lot of shyte and its own censorship problems).

Storybud2

PI Member
Well they,

rigged two presidential elections,
rigged the rose of tralee,
rigged Eurovision entry about gays when it was in Russia,
its Gay Pride everyday in that kip, Panti given free reign,
Never Once reported on the billions we wasted and the housing disaster due to bogus asylum seekers flooding the place
from sub-sahara Africa,
Stitched up Myers almost 20 years ago when he warned about the third world social welfare invasion,, an utterly sickening
piece of broadcasting by the D4 Nimby fascists on the Pat Kenny show,,

On every level it is D4 bourgeois Nimby snowflake SCUM , that knows the real world will NEVER wash up beside them in D4 and they
LIE to us every day so we have to accept what their masters tell them what Fake News to spew,,

FOOK OFF AND DIE RTE FAKE NEWS,,, Dee Forbes is a fooking joke and she is only a fooking quota bint,, rubbish at TV and
rubbish at running anything,, all you hear out of this clown is her screaming to take FREE MONEY off working people,,

BYE BYE RTE,, you were really sh1t and I hope the pensions dry up fairly quickly for all the LIES you told over the years,,,

Tadhg Gaelach

Staff member
Donator
PI Member
I dont have a problem with the RTE tax increase but I do think it should be optional
If you want it you should pay for it - but if you dont it should be inaccessible
Personally I would pay for it at current levels as most of my TV and Radio comes from RTE

That really explains a lot....

Top Bottom