• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Poll: Real, Or Fake News?

Real, or fake news?

• Total voters

Tadhg Gaelach

Donator
Premium Account
This little video montage appears to show a North Korean defecting across the DMZ to the South:

To my mind it looks about as staged as the US elite's concern for the North Korean people.

What do you guys think; real, or fake news?

If you look at this, you see that the supposed KPA troops were literally 5 meters behind him, shooting at him with automatic weapons. Yes, James Bond always gets away with this - but it doesn't happen where the laws of physics have to be obeyed

Tadhg Gaelach

Donator
Premium Account
Do the Laws of Physics End at the DMZ?

North Korean defector's daring escape caught on video

Again, look how this one article completely contradicts itself. First it claims that,

"Later three members of South Korea’s security battalion security forces crawl to the wounded defector and drag him away to safety."

Then it claims that KPA soldiers had,

"physically crossed the border as they pursued the defector."

So, the KPA crossed the border into the South to shoot the fugitive five time. But, the South Koreans had to crawl into the North to drag his body to safety.

I take it that even someone who hates the laws of physics will see that both of these claims cannot be true.

Tadhg Gaelach

Donator
Premium Account

And look at the laughable trolling that's going on here - and even a moderately respectable periodical like the Guardian recycles it without question,

:rolleyes: A government official said that the soldier had regained consciousness and had asked to watch television. He was being shown South Korean films for his “psychological comfort”, the official said.:rolleyes:

:rolleyes: The soldier, said to have been traumatised by his dramatic escape, was receiving counselling. Hospital staff placed a South Korean flag in his room to convince him that he had indeed crossed the border. :rolleyes:

:rolleyes:“The reason that he defected, risking death and facing a barrage of gunshots, was because he had positive hopes about South Korea,” Lee said.:rolleyes:

:rolleyes:The soldier had watched Transformers, CSI, and Bruce Almighty, and enjoyed the song Gee by popular South Korean female band Girls’ Generation, Lee added. :rolleyes:

:rolleyes: Doctors removed dozens of parasites from the defector’s ruptured small intestine, including what appeared to be roundworms that were up to 27cm in length – indications of poor nutrition among ordinary North Korean soldiers.:rolleyes:

North Korean defector's daring escape caught on video

Last edited:

And look at the laughable trolling that's going on here - and even a moderately respectable periodical like the Guardian recycles it without question,

:rolleyes: A government official said that the soldier had regained consciousness and had asked to watch television. He was being shown South Korean films for his “psychological comfort”, the official said.:rolleyes:

:rolleyes: The soldier, said to have been traumatised by his dramatic escape, was receiving counselling. Hospital staff placed a South Korean flag in his room to convince him that he had indeed crossed the border. :rolleyes:

:rolleyes:“The reason that he defected, risking death and facing a barrage of gunshots, was because he had positive hopes about South Korea,” Lee said.:rolleyes:

:rolleyes:The soldier had watched Transformers, CSI, and Bruce Almighty, and enjoyed the song Gee by popular South Korean female band Girls’ Generation, Lee added. :rolleyes:

:rolleyes: Doctors removed dozens of parasites from the defector’s ruptured small intestine, including what appeared to be roundworms that were up to 27cm in length – indications of poor nutrition among ordinary North Korean soldiers.:rolleyes:
I know the situation is deadly serious and the last thing I want is bad stuff to happen to the dignified and heroic Korean people, but at the same time I cannot help finding a lot of the propaganda against the DPRK a total giggle fest.

Tadhg Gaelach

Donator
Premium Account
I know the situation is deadly serious and the last thing I want is bad stuff to happen to the dignified and heroic Korean people, but at the same time I cannot help finding a lot of the propaganda against the DPRK a total giggle fest.

Absolutely, and the more outrageous and unbelievable it is - the more the Western media lap it up. But as CNN said in relation to Trump - We're a business, not journalists.

Wouldn't he have been better to flee under cover of darkness.

I know that little NK girl who is touring the world regaling of her escape from North Korea and how she lived on crickets and grass is a total fake, but I'm not convinced yet about this story.

On the balance of probability, it's likely staged. Designed to reinforce a generalised war fever.

States engage in disinformation campaigns all the time. This is well documented. They are logistically capable of doing it, they've won strategic fruits from doing it, an aggressive militaristic state is not going to be struck by moral doubts preventing them from doing it. So what are the reasons they aren't going to do it? But I don't precisely know -- just that it smells and it's entirely plausible it's been manufactured.

And I'm also struck by how the media handles such instances. There's a vibe that's been super-rehearsed just to fit some prearranged paradigm. I kinda of reminds of the overenthusiasm in reporting the Assad chemical hoax.

OP
OP
maxflinn

maxflinn

Donator
Premium Account
He was shot five times according to the vid, yet he then sprinted like Usain Bolt.

Did they shoot him five times in the finger?!

Fake news! :smiley:

Dan Óg

Ui Máine
Staff member
Donator
Premium Account
So these are actors, that is not the DMZ?
Are you now putting your credibility on that position.

OP
OP
maxflinn

maxflinn

Donator
Premium Account
So these are actors, that is not the DMZ?
Are you now putting your credibility on that position.
The question is Dan how could you keep sprinting like an Olympic champion if you'd just been shot 5 or 6 times.

Have you an answer?

Dan Óg

Ui Máine
Staff member
Donator
Premium Account
The question is Dan how could you keep sprinting like an Olympic champion if you'd just been shot 5 or 6 times.

Have you an answer?
Have you not watched countless videos of shooting in the US where a guy is still standing after being hit 10 times. The cops us large caliber rounds, a rifle typically has a small round for distance.

I am seriously surprised that you have taken this position. I am actually disappointed.

Tadhg Gaelach

Donator
Premium Account
Have you not watched countless videos of shooting in the US where a guy is still standing after being hit 10 times. The cops us large caliber rounds, a rifle typically has a small round for distance.

I am seriously surprised that you have taken this position. I am actually disappointed.

Still standing maybe, but not sprinting like a gazelle.

OP
OP
maxflinn

maxflinn

Donator
Premium Account

Sorry but you haven't answered my question: can you explain how a man could sprint like this guy did, for what looks like 20-30 metres, after being shot at least five times?

Dan Óg

Ui Máine
Staff member
Donator
Premium Account
Sorry but you haven't answered my question: can you explain how a man could sprint like this guy did, for what looks like 20-30 metres, after being shot at least five times?
Watch the video perhaps. He was not shot at the start but actually shot in south korea. Do you see him fall down.

OP
OP
maxflinn

maxflinn

Donator
Premium Account
Watch the video perhaps. He was not shot at the start but actually shot in south korea. Do you see him fall down.
He was supposedly shot right after exiting the vehicle. You can see the soldiers supposedly firing at him. Then you see him sprint like a champion.

How could he have done this if he had been shot five times?

Tadhg Gaelach

Donator
Premium Account
The way this video is produced is exactly the same as the way propaganda was produced from Libya in 2011. Quick cuts from one scene to the next so that context and location were destroyed - then a TV "reporter" telling you what your supposed to be seeing. It's telling that the layout of the scene has not been shown.