Poll: Do you think diversity quotas should be introduced in local elections?

Kershaw

Premium Account
Poll: Do you think diversity quotas should be introduced in local elections?

A LOCAL GOVERNMENT Bill set to be published before the end of the year will set quotas on the amount of people from diverse backgrounds that political parties put forward in local elections.

The Irish Examiner is reporting today that the Minister of state for local government and electoral reform, John Paul Phelan, is working on the legislation ahead of next year’s local elections.

Political parties could be forced to fill 40% of their nominations with women, migrants and people from ethnic minorities under the new measures.

The parties would reportedly lose funding if they fail to meet the quotas.

Poll here:

Poll: Do you think quotas should be introduced in local elections?

Currently 75% are saying no.

I do believe there are views which have no representation in Irish politics.
It's the 59% of the Irish public who want to ban Muslim immigration, the 75% who want to ban Roma and the 42% who want to even ban European migration according to the latest Attitudes to Diversity study. But pumping migrants into politics using a quota system is not going to fix that.

Of course forcing political parties to have a 40% diversity quota or lose their funding will impede any nationalist party which I think it the point of this.

2pacs

Donator
Premium Account
Jesus, this is the first step to replacing our elected representatives.
I hate this quota system, if someone is a good candidate it should matter not who they are, but of course, this doesn't suit the agenda and they want to force more "diversity upon us"

The Equaliser

Staff member
Looking at the museum that is the Westminster parliament, it doesn't matter whether the politicians are white or of a darker hue, they are all lying sacks of shit in it for themselves.

On the subject of quotas, whether about ethnicity or gender, it is noteworthy that the two female prime ministers have come from a party that does not do all this quota bollocks. I still can't stand the bastards though.

jpc

Looking at the museum that is the Westminster parliament, it doesn't matter whether the politicians are white or of a darker hue, they are all lying sacks of shit in it for themselves.

On the subject of quotas, whether about ethnicity or gender, it is noteworthy that the two female prime ministers have come from a party that does not do all this quota bollocks. I still can't stand the bastards though.
Excellent observation.
And I'd like to hear a response from the pro quota types.

Democracy really only works in a homogenous society, we see it in the UK and the US, the parties of the Left are being reorganized around new ethnic identities and the conservative parties are representing the natives or heritage ethnic. My gut says NO, but, my logic tells me this could actually be a good thing, it will speed up the awakening process and will allow an Irish candidate to stand on issues of purely Irish interest after all if Jamal can agitate for Islam and Innocent for the needs of her coonmunity, there is no reason why Paddy or Aisling cant take centre stage with a pro-native platform.
The long term goal should be Reconquista.

Top Bottom