Welcome to Political Irish

We believe in free legal speech, fair play and good discussion. Sign up and join in!

Register Log in
  • Before posting anything about the COVID-19 virus, please read this first Click Here

COVID-19 Poll: Do you know someone with CoronaVirus?

Do you know someone with CoronaVirus?

• Total voters
OP
A

As Gaeilge

Donator
PI Member
So anyone know someone with CoronaVirus yet... ?

In particular people that died without underlying conditions. TIA.

subversive writer

PI Member
Please vote and share.
Anyone who catches it can be asymptomatic for up to 2 weeks before showing symptoms and may show no symptoms at all.

children especially who catch it can display no symptoms or sometimes display symptoms of a common cold it runny nose.

During this time and up to a month after they are cured they are still infectious.

It's primarily spread from spit and snot which can be propelled up to 6-ft when talking shouting or otherwise opening ones mouth.

This can last on any surface it touches for up to 9 days.

once an uninfected person touches that surface with their hand and put it near their face or mouth or are within 6 ft of an infected person they will get infected. Infection can also occur through the eyes.

The present test for Covid test for antibodies not for the actual virus and you can be infectious well before displaying symptoms.

even if you've cleared the initial virus your immune system is compromised and you can end up with a secondary infection.

Your best bet is to stay indoors for two months after your last clear test.

Use antibacterial wipes on all surfaces before touching them including food packaging.

Scrub and sterilize your hands before coming in contact with any surface that will come in contact with your mouth i.e. knifes forks and plates

the medical professionals say a mask is useless and improper use of a mask is useless. but if you are infected a mask will prevent you from infecting other people. seeing as you cannot know if you're infected or not you must always assume you are and take responsible action to prevent spreading.

The only current treatment is use of ventilators. There is currently and there will be a shortage of ventilators for at least the next 6 months possibly longer.

This is why they want people to self isolate to give the health services a chance to ramp up the infrastructure. otherwise triage decisions would have to be taken and they will not be pleasant.

At the worst case scenario this will kill 15000 people and will be over one way or another within the next 2 months.

The last thing anyone wants to do is
is panic. What's needed is to be conscious of where your spirit might end up and what you're eating. If you buy a chocolate bar wipe down the rapper wipe down every surface scald every instrument.

There will never be a shortage of food on medicines in this country.

One truck can potentially deliver up to 350 tons of cargo or five 45 ft trailers at a time at over 100 kph if properly configured. Although not legal in Europe it's a simple matter of red tape
Drivers can and do go up to 15 hours a day if needs be to keep people supplied

At least 3000 trucks use Dublin Port tunnel on any given day and that's just half the cargo capacity of the country and that's before you take into account the North.

The best thing anyone can do is just be conscientious of your behaviour try to reduce the burden insofar as possible on the Health service whilst the nerds get a handle on this

A safe tested vaccine is probably a year away although they are rushing through human trials to bring it faster.

Current treatment is with a ventilator of which there is a shortage if too many people need at once we're just why they're trying to keep people at home for now.

Several different drugs have been used to combat this virus.

The biggest threat to human life right now is uneducated people panicking and creating more chaos.

Potentially a lot more life could be lost through panicking then through any virus

Just stay out of the way of people who are trying to supply you with goods and services you need and people who are trying to save lives.

Humans have faced massive adversity throughout history and have always survived and thrived from the experience. most of the inventions and scientific breakthroughs we take for granted came about as a result of humans suffering.

Whilst there will be some loss of life from this virus I believe there will also be several benefits.

The US might finally get healthcare it needs jobs might be brought back.

All in all just relax and understand that things are in hand. Think it will be back to some sense of normality by May Spending your off time until then freaking out and trying to live in a mad Max type situation will only exacerbate the situation further

Karloff

PI Member
She would want to be careful, in her zeal to be contrarian suggesting or implying that it's alright when people who are old or have an underlying condition die is not right.

And fighting against measures designed to stop this terrible plague on the basis that the 'govt can't tell me what to do' is not right either. Complain after this is over if the measures still exist.

Wagmore

PI Member
My brother announced this evening on family Whattsapp that he's gone down with something that sounds to him like it might be virus. Hasn't been tested but feels like crap, achy, fevery and highish temperature. He says that it's no panic. Anyway, should be interested to see how it goes. Almost reassured to hear it might not be a total hoax, depending on how test goes. Will keep you all posted, but so far it just sounds like a flu. Brud is mid 50's fairly healthy and no underlying conditions..

Rommel

PI Member
My brother announced this evening on family Whattsapp that he's gone down with something that sounds to him like it might be virus. Hasn't been tested but feels like crap, achy, fevery and highish temperature. He says that it's no panic. Anyway, should be interested to see how it goes. Almost reassured to hear it might not be a total hoax, depending on how test goes. Will keep you all posted, but so far it just sounds like a flu. Brud is mid 50's fairly healthy and no underlying conditions..
You would want to show some concern about anyone who he made have been in contact with the last fourteen days. The I’m alright so what is the problem approach isn’t going to help the high risk.

Wagmore

PI Member
You would want to show some concern about anyone who he made have been in contact with the last fourteen days. The I’m alright so what is the problem approach isn’t going to help the high risk.
I haven't been near him in months? Who's not showing concern? Wait, I'll see if he can arrange to have himself shot...so far, he's got the flu...

Top Bottom