Politics.ie Asylum

Threads
You may say pretty much whatever you like on this site as long as you say nothing against other members, call them out on what they are, bruise their fragile egos etc. But all minority groups in our society are fair game, you may say whatever you like about them, make any innuendo, feed any prejudice, with no heed to any potential consequences of your words. That probably is exactly what you're after at a wild guess? If so, congratulations, you've found your new home.

Why should any group be free of criticism.
Being a minority (we will be soon) is not a reason to be exempt from scrutiny or even harsh words.

SwordOfStCatherine

Staff member
PI Member
Threads
Why should any group be free of criticism.
Being a minority (we will be soon) is not a reason to be exempt from scrutiny or even harsh words.
There is a difference though between saying say "bullying Jews are awful creatures" and saying "Jews are awful creatures" or "arrogant Muslims are vile" and saying "arrogant Muslims are vile". The former I would be totally fine while the latter is a bit problematic.

Threads
There is a difference though between saying say "bullying Jews are awful creatures" and saying "Jews are awful creatures" or "arrogant Muslims are vile" and saying "arrogant Muslims are vile". The former I would be totally fine while the latter is a bit problematic.
I'm sure Bill would find both offensive.

Tadhg Gaelach

Donator
Premium Account
PI Member
Threads
You may say pretty much whatever you like on this site as long as you say nothing against other members, call them out on what they are, bruise their fragile egos etc. But all minority groups in our society are fair game, you may say whatever you like about them, make any innuendo, feed any prejudice, with no heed to any potential consequences of your words. That probably is exactly what you're after at a wild guess? If so, congratulations, you've found your new home.

Sadly, the biggest group in all Western societies are the Libtards - and they get criticized here relentlessly. And here you and your husband roc are being facilitated to criticize us day after day. So, you can hardly claim that Politicalirish.com is anything but fair.

Last edited:

SwordOfStCatherine

Staff member
PI Member
Threads
I'm sure Bill would find both offensive.
Well the Jewy bit would- he labelled a Jewish web site as anti-Semitic for carrying an article written by a Jew giving out about a certain type of bullying Jew. However I am also sure that Bill the Boer is unlikely to get a modding position here.

OP
OP
Fire2theRain
Threads
Myself and @Rick own the site, fire away with any questions.

Superhans,

Thank you.

I have these questions, to understand if robust discussion is allowed:

1) What is offensive is subjective. May any party claim to be offended, and thereby inhibit another's free expression? Or is there an objective guideline to inform users?

2) What constitutes abuse? Similar to offensive content, an abusive term in some circles maybe acceptable in others. Are there guidelines that are universal, or is there a consistent policy to make a determination whether abuse has occurred?

3) How are mods selected? If a moderator makes a decision you feel is unfair or in error, what is the process for appeal? And do you ever go back to the site community for input on review of moderator actions?

4) Do you observe "fair use" standards of allowing limited excerpts of copyrighted material for purposes of education and social critique?

5) Living within a corrupt legal system how may one address corruption of the courts in a discussion topic?

There are a quite a number of posters on politics.ie who will be interested in your reply.

Thank you again.

Threads
Well the Jewy bit would- he labelled a Jewish web site as anti-Semitic for carrying an article written by a Jew giving out about a certain type of bullying Jew. However I am also sure that Bill the Boer is unlikely to get a modding position here.
I just find this "You can't criticise minorities" garbage so patronising to minorities.
And it's hypocritical as where do you draw the line.
Would ROC consider criticism of Allawite power in Syria as "racist". The media do that all the time.
You can say without sanctions that "Allawites are over-representative in Syrian power", but you can't say "Jews are overerepresentative in Western power"
Thats the kind of verbal gymnastics you can find on P.ie.

Dublin 4

Premium Account
Threads
Superhans,

Thank you.

I have these questions, to understand if robust discussion is allowed:

1) What is offensive is subjective. May any party claim to be offended, and thereby inhibit another's free expression? Or is there an objective guideline to inform users?

2) What constitutes abuse? Similar to offensive content, an abusive term in some circles maybe acceptable in others. Are there guidelines that are universal, or is there a consistent policy to make a determination whether abuse has occurred?

3) How are mods selected? If a moderator makes a decision you feel is unfair or in error, what is the process for appeal? And do you ever go back to the site community for input on review of moderator actions?

4) Do you observe "fair use" standards of allowing limited excerpts of copyrighted material for purposes of education and social critique?

5) Living within a corrupt legal system how may one address corruption of the courts in a discussion topic?

There are a quite a number of posters on politics.ie who will be interested in your reply.

Thank you again.
Are you a Spokesperson for P.ie Posters?

SwordOfStCatherine

Staff member
PI Member
Threads
I just find this "You can't criticise minorities" garbage so patronising to minorities.
Would ROC consider criticism of Allawite power in Syria as "racist". The media do that all the time.
You can say without sanctions that "Allawites are over-representative in Syrian power", but you can't say "Jews are overerepresentative in Western power"
I understand where you are coming from. I just think that is best to be careful about over generalizing about large groups. I will also say that all groups contain trouble makers and head the balls however some groups contain significantly more than others- I wouldn't have a problem at all say in someone point out say that Group A contains far more problematic elements than Group B or someone saying that they have only had terrible experiences with Group A.

SwordOfStCatherine

Staff member
PI Member
Threads
Just to be clear I was speaking there for myself and not for the Mods as a whole.

Top Bottom