Polish MPs approve new benefits for mothers of four

page61

PI Member
Hopefully all the polish will return home to their own welfare state.

George Dillon

PI Member
This topic is not about child benefit. Like you I have reservations about the payment of children's allowances to EU citizens in Ireland whose children are (perhaps!) in their country of origin.

What the Polish government is trying to do is to encourage mothers to stay at home to rear their children. When mothers (or indeed fathers) leave the workforce to rear children they lose out on the Polish equivalent of PRSI and do not qualify for an old age pension in their own right which could be a factor in their deciding to do paid work or not. So in effect the Polish government is giving the mothers of larger families credited PRSI contributions which mean she qualifies for a pension in her own right. To some extent this happens in Ireland. If you are rearing a child under 12 here you can apply for PRSI credits for a certain period.

Unlike you, I don't have reservations about paying money to people in Lithuania, Latvia etc to raise children which may or may not exist.
I oppose it!
And I don't care what the Poles do.
As long as they do it in Poland.
They're ripping us off big time.

George Dillon

PI Member
Hopefully all the polish will return home to their own welfare state.

Speed The Day!

But the more likely and horrifying prospect is that the vast numbers of Poles in the UK (and their presence was a big factor in the Brexit vote) will look westwards,towards the setting sun.

And discover an easygoing, ill-administered, sloppily run English-speaking country.
And decide that there's their Hy-Brasil!

George Dillon

PI Member
List al those you would like to join them in returning to from were they came from . , that should not take you very long.

I don't support repartition for Poland, though I suspect former German regions might favour it.

Heraclitus

PI Member
better to bring in Somalis and Bangladeshis.
Right?
I criticised a conspicuous act of vote buying by the Polish government, so therefore I'm in favour of the mass importation of Somalis and Bangladehsis?

No wonder you're working for peanuts in some Latin American Sh1thole.

parentheses

PI Member
Ireland used to be synonymous with large families.

But our birthrate has been low since the late 1980s, which is 30 years now. I know Garret Fitzgerald felt the Irish birthrate was too high in the 80s, and he took certain steps to lower it.

Heraclitus

PI Member
No, it means that Poland is serious about surviving as a nation.
Then they should stop stealing from private sector workers so military personal can retire at 35 -- amongst many other examples of economic illiterate lunacy.

Top Bottom