Welcome to Political Irish

We believe in free legal speech, fair play and good discussion. Sign up and join in!

Register Log in

Playing immigration card will not pay off in general election (IT hit piece)

Rommel

PI Member
I have been to america, lived in philly and the big apple, wife has 5 brothers and a sister there , I have relatives there going back a hundred years, one was actually assistant chief of police in Butte Montana in the 30s.
now that sounds like the Irish run America when you have so many people there you know , I thought listening to how the Irish are the biggest immigrant group in America that when I landed at jfk there would be a ceili band there to welcome me . Yeah the Irish are strong in America after all, haha.
in the first instance the Irish are not the biggest immigrant community in America that would be germans and swedes I believe many years ago but I would say Latinos are now , and while @ huge percentage of the Irish population went there in the last century or two you must remember Ireland population at most was 8 million much much less than Germany or Italy and so on, so 30% of the Irish population emigratin* was probably less than 10% of Germans or Italians immigrating.
Another interesting fact, more polish people have went to the US since 1921 than Irish , isnt truth strange .

when I landed in NY I was surprised that all the people sitting at the desks were at least half either black or Hispanic and no Irish accents whatsoever ever, I felt lonely , where is the ceili band .
i was met by some friends and driven up state past Poughkeepsie for a few weeks, ha, very few Irish, used to get the train to NY in the morning , very few Irish , maybe there were some but not the story I was told about how the Irish ruled America and were everywhere , .
lived in Queens ,yes there as Irish pubs but not as many as London , and not half the Irish dance halls that London had, in fact there was no Irish dance hall that I could find, I suppose that was because the pubs were open all night, but a much better Irish scene in London.
anyway I was surprised how low key the Irish were in America, and how you had to seek them out.
so the Irish certainly didnt change the culture in America as far as I could see.
There is a strong Irish political lobby over there.

page61

PI Member
On the news this morning , they prefaced the deportation of the 3 Saudi kids as.. 3 immigrants who are going to be doctors and scientists .Such bullshit and PR .they (Charlie the Dolly Parton fan flannigan are manipulating the situation

Rommel

PI Member
It's not a matter of blame
You said the Irish had a powerful.lobby on the US
So.powerful it watched as it's base gets shrumk forever.
It isn't still a lobby which is pro Irish and with a lot of influence. During that time Kennedy and America itself was starting to be more selective about who got in there.

We have Irish communities all over the world and have been fruitful and multiplied across the world.

Rommel

PI Member
On the news this morning , they prefaced the deportation of the 3 Saudi kids as.. 3 immigrants who are going to be doctors and scientists .Such bullshit and PR .they (Charlie the Dolly Parton fan flannigan are manipulating the situation
Nothing about the sister I suppose but sure she is equal to the value of a goat in their culture.

Top Bottom