Welcome to Political Irish

We believe in free legal speech, fair play and good discussion. Sign up and join in!

Register Log in

Playing immigration card will not pay off in general election (IT hit piece)

Myles O'Reilly

Top Bloke
Donator
PI Member
There is a strong Irish lobby in the heart of political America. If that hasn't changed the demographic of that nation than what has ? There are also strong Irish communities all across the U.K. as well as Australia and Canada. We have spread out across the world since the English attempted their genocide in the 1840's
So how's about allowing ex-Pats, British, north Americans and Ozzies immigrate here? Why half of Arabia and Africa?

mikeo

PI Member
Always remember ,.....when you see Emmigrating comparisons being made......"Well, we Irish emigrated to every country in the world"!!!

U.S.A. ....3,796,742 sq mi (9,833,520 km2)[d][9] (3rd/4th)

Canada....9,984,670 km2 (3,855,100 sq mi

Australia...7,692,024 km2 (2,969,907 sq mi

Ireland...84,421 km2 (32,595 sq mi
:unsure:....Hmmmm.

James Dawson

PI Member
I'm sorry you are not well educated enough to understand but then again you are just the typical racist.
How have Irish people changed the racial demographic of America? I'll keep on asking you until you give me an answer more understood than you would give to your dog.

I'm here all day, I'm not going anywhere

Rommel

PI Member
How have Irish people changed the racial demographic of America? I'll keep on asking you until you give me an answer more understood than you would give to your dog.

I'm here all day, I'm not going anywhere
My two dogs would actually understand the answer.

@graceland.com

Donator
PI Member
Have you ever been to America
I have been to america, lived in philly and the big apple, wife has 5 brothers and a sister there , I have relatives there going back a hundred years, one was actually assistant chief of police in Butte Montana in the 30s.
now that sounds like the Irish run America when you have so many people there you know , I thought listening to how the Irish are the biggest immigrant group in America that when I landed at jfk there would be a ceili band there to welcome me . Yeah the Irish are strong in America after all, haha.
in the first instance the Irish are not the biggest immigrant community in America that would be germans and swedes I believe many years ago but I would say Latinos are now , and while @ huge percentage of the Irish population went there in the last century or two you must remember Ireland population at most was 8 million much much less than Germany or Italy and so on, so 30% of the Irish population emigratin* was probably less than 10% of Germans or Italians immigrating.
Another interesting fact, more polish people have went to the US since 1921 than Irish , isn’t truth strange .

when I landed in NY I was surprised that all the people sitting at the desks were at least half either black or Hispanic and no Irish accents whatsoever ever, I felt lonely , where is the ceili band .
i was met by some friends and driven up state past Poughkeepsie for a few weeks, ha, very few Irish, used to get the train to NY in the morning , very few Irish , maybe there were some but not the story I was told about how the Irish ruled America and were everywhere , .
lived in Queens ,yes there as Irish pubs but not as many as London , and not half the Irish dance halls that London had, in fact there was no Irish dance hall that I could find, I suppose that was because the pubs were open all night, but a much better Irish scene in London.
anyway I was surprised how low key the Irish were in America, and how you had to seek them out.
so the Irish certainly didn’t change the culture in America as far as I could see.

Top Bottom