Pie sucks, eat cake!

Superhans

Administrator
Donator
Looks like Database issues again. Seems to happen every few years. Sites been going for a few years so its a big database.

Could also be upgrading the site software, but i would have thought they would inform people.

jmcc

PI Member
The traffic on PW seemed to be very low and it may not have been worth the expenses of keeping the site going. P.ie seems to have database issues and there doesn't seem to be any tech expertise amongst the mods or the admin. The last time there were problems, the work had to be out sourced to an American chap who has a good reputation with the forum software.

Running database servers can be quite a daunting task for people without any background in software and database administration once it goes beyond the simple click and drool web interfaces. Index corruption (think of indices as a kind of phone directory. When the names and numbers get out of synch, things can go wrong) does seem to be a common feature with some forums.

D

Deleted member 163

Non Registered Member
With politicalworld gone too it seems either the GDPR got to them or they just gave up!
I wonder what happened. I hope it was not health problems with cactus flower. I was banned for being of a different mindset but I don't know who banned me. Certainly that fellow Sam Lord did not like me. He did mot like me saying Peak Oil was rubbish in 2011. Maybe by 2021 though.

D

Deleted member 163

Non Registered Member
Was there a statement from PW?

Top Bottom