Petrol Heads Corner

Anglophile

PI Member
Actually our English troll wanking over the corpse of the British motor industry got me to thinking. What history does Ireland have re motors?

A couple of things spring to mind. DeLorean being built in Belfast and Henry Ford Snr being from Cork.

Also if I recall correctly I think there was an Irish Company that built trucks in Kildare back in the 60's/70's.

Wank all over 'The Shamrock'!!!:ROFLMAO:

Myles O'Reilly

Top Bloke
Donator
PI Member
Don't knock it til ye try it Englisher

datsunireland

PI Member
Actually our English troll wanking over the corpse of the British motor industry got me to thinking. What history does Ireland have re motors?

A couple of things spring to mind. DeLorean being built in Belfast and Henry Ford Snr being from Cork.

Also if I recall correctly I think there was an Irish Company that built trucks in Kildare back in the 60's/70's.
Lincoln and Nolan built British badged cars near Naas Rd in 60s. Datsun assembled cars near same spot in 70s and 80s. Ford in Cork also.

jpc

PI Member
Nice!!

I’ve always liked those but they are rare over here.

I’ve the next best thing, a Kawasaki KLR 650
They are that.
Plenty of 750's
And the KLR is a well decent and underappreciated machine.
Never got the kudo's of the XT 600.

Reactions: BSA

BSA

PI Member
Lincoln and Nolan built British badged cars near Naas Rd in 60s. Datsun assembled cars near same spot in 70s and 80s. Ford in Cork also.
Were some American cars assembled in Ireland as CKD.... Complete knock down kits? A Dublin garage?

I remember a newspaper article about it..