Petrol Heads Corner

OP
Tadhg Gaelach

Tadhg Gaelach

Staff member
Premium
PI Member
This is an interesting story of how a Soviet race car ended up on a California wine bottle.

Myles O'Reilly

Top Bloke
Donator
PI Member
Bitter arseholes like you can only dream of the glorious British motoring legacy. And they're not entirely finished yet, old boy!!!(y)
The Japs and the Krauts made sh1te of your industry right after they had lost a war :LOL:

Myles O'Reilly

Top Bloke
Donator
PI Member
Actually our English troll wanking over the corpse of the British motor industry got me to thinking. What history does Ireland have re motors?

A couple of things spring to mind. DeLorean being built in Belfast and Henry Ford Snr being from Cork.

Also if I recall correctly I think there was an Irish Company that built trucks in Kildare back in the 60's/70's.

Actually our English troll wanking over the corpse of the British motor industry got me to thinking. What history does Ireland have re motors?

A couple of things spring to mind. DeLorean being built in Belfast and Henry Ford Snr being from Cork.

Also if I recall correctly I think there was an Irish Company that built trucks in Kildare back in the 60's/70's.
The DeLorean was a piece of junk of course. Only good for one thing.. Time Travel

OP
Tadhg Gaelach

Tadhg Gaelach

Staff member
Premium
PI Member

Never heard of the trucks in Kildare, but there was a fair bit of assembly done here,

OP
Tadhg Gaelach

Tadhg Gaelach

Staff member
Premium
PI Member
I believe the EU is planning to ban 12 cylinder engines completely within the next five years. It seems clear that the glory days of the motor car are over. The EU is even talking about banning the production of new internal combustion engines by 2030. Everything is being reduced to these shitty electric things. Even the powerful cars these days are somehow castrated compared to the great cars of the 1970s, 80s and 90s. Sad really how our world is fading.

OP
Tadhg Gaelach

Tadhg Gaelach

Staff member
Premium
PI Member
Talking about British cars, this was the last great Jaguar - the X350. In production from 2002 to 2009 as far as I know. Quite a short span for a Jag. More recent Jags are really glorified Ford Mondeos. Distinctly lower class. But not this beauty....

Last edited: