Welcome to Political Irish

We believe in free legal speech, fair play and good discussion. Sign up and join in!

Register Log in

PETITION - stop any Minister for Justice from overriding legal and costly finalised DeportatIon Orders.

Vote 4 Change

PI Member
I am shocked and angered by the atrocious decision of Minister of Justice, Charlie Flanagan to suspend a lawful Deportation Order of the nine members of the Khan family who have been found to have entered Ireland illegally by falsely claiming asylum.

Emergency Legislation is immediately required to remove all legal powers from the Minister if Justice, Charlie Flanagan to overturn any and all decisions regarding lawful Deportation Orders.
It is obvious that the office of The Minister for Justice cannot be trusted to protect the integrity of the Asylum process of Rule
Of Law within Ireland.

I call on the Minister for Justice to resign and call on our Legislators to enact whatever Emergency legislation is necessary to ensure Lawful Deportations are implemented to protect the integrity of our Irish Borders and Asylum process.

ShumanTheHuman

Donator
PI Member
I'm angry. Can't say I shocked.
The Irish commentariate will consistently mess themselves over Drump overriding Congress and taking executive action over this or that. "Abuse of power" they will shriek.
Falangeagan issues Ministerial orders like confetti to override his officials having carried out their duties in full.
Irish commentariate response: either crickets or "Brave, the right thing to do (no rational explanation why), Minister steps in...(no discussion of abuse of power or even stepping over the line)"

Last edited:

DaftPunkisPlayingAtmyHous

Donator
PI Member
I'm angry. Can't say I shocked.
The Irish commentariate will consistently mess themselves over Drump overriding Congressand taking executive action over this or that. "Abuse of power" they will shriek.
Falangeagan issues Ministerial orders like confetti to override his officials having carried out their duties in full.
Irish commentariate response: either crickets or "Brave, the right thing to do (no rational explanation why), Minister steps in...(no discussion of abuse of power or even stepping over the line)"
The bear market can be long and drawn out, lives ruined, dreams destroyed, families wiped out .... the hip new party
×The Young Gaels× will redeem

ShumanTheHuman

Donator
PI Member
The bear market can be long and drawn out, lives ruined, dreams destroyed, families wiped out .... the hip new party
×The Young Gaels× will redeem
Sounds groovy. I'm hip. My kids are always telling me "Yeah, sure Dad. Everyone thinks you are realllllly cool" then I give them their pocket money.

Irish McCeltunstein

Donator
PI Member
Sounds groovy. I'm hip. My kids are always telling me "Yeah, sure Dad. Everyone thinks you are realllllly cool" then I give them their pocket money.
I'm so hip, the neighbours are getting hip replacements to compete with me. They don't know the first thing about being hip.

Alf Tupper

PI Member
I am shocked and angered by the atrocious decision of Minister of Justice, Charlie Flanagan to suspend a lawful Deportation Order of the nine members of the Khan family who have been found to have entered Ireland illegally by falsely claiming asylum.

Emergency Legislation is immediately required to remove all legal powers from the Minister if Justice, Charlie Flanagan to overturn any and all decisions regarding lawful Deportation Orders.
It is obvious that the office of The Minister for Justice cannot be trusted to protect the integrity of the Asylum process of Rule
Of Law within Ireland.

I call on the Minister for Justice to resign and call on our Legislators to enact whatever Emergency legislation is necessary to ensure Lawful Deportations are implemented to protect the integrity of our Irish Borders and Asylum process.
This is almost certainly the most ridiculous decision ever made by an Irish Minister for Justice. According to the Irish Examiner report which is available on another thread, the parents left Pakistan in 1982 because of alleged persecution. They went to Saudi Arabia where they remained for 33 years. All their children were born in Saudi Arabia. They lived happily in Saudi Arabia until a new tax was introduced which would compel them to pay the grand total of €23.00 each per year. Approximately the cost of an Irish TV licence in total. Fleeing in terror from having to pay the grand sum of less than €200.00 they arrived in Ireland in 2017, having first spent a couple of years in the UK, which is clearly a safe country. Apparently the UK wasn't safe enough for them so they continued on to Ireland. Their farcical asylum claim here was correctly refused and they were issued with a deportation order.

It is difficult to envisage a more obviously groundless claim for seeking asylum than this one. By the way, they weren't even going to be deported directly back to Pakistan or Saudi Arabia. They were going to be sent back to their first point of entry into the EU which was the UK.

And then our absolute bollocks of a Minister for Justice decided to put a stay on the deportation of these illegal immigrants. If he had any decency he would resign. But of course he hasn't and he won't.

congress_tart

PI Member
I have never seen anything as disgraceful in my life on rte news last night. A school full of children cheering on these guys.
What we are seeing now is full force un migration pact propaganda.
We are in a runaway train and I think it's unstoppable.
I honestly believe the government know how people feel about this and want an extreme reaction.
We are being trolled and pushed to the limit.

Totally agree, flanagan is a loose cannon. As others have pointed out, we have a process one most of us would consider a joke in terms of enforcement but none the less it is a process. This family go through the process, who deems them to be clearly not qualifying and the legal result of that is deportation.

Along comes flanagan on his white horse and decides that he will set aside the entire process and unilaterally make his own judgement where i have no doubt he did not go and look for the case file, it's an abuse of process and completely undemocratic.

This will be hailed by the msm as a great decision, but all it does it sullies the law in the eyes of all decent people........

Go to court and don't like the decision........ah sure i'll do what i want anyway.......this is from the Minister for Justice.

CLOWN WORLD.........

OP
Vote 4 Change

Vote 4 Change

PI Member
Totally agree, flanagan is a loose cannon. As others have pointed out, we have a process one most of us would consider a joke in terms of enforcement but none the less it is a process. This family go through the process, who deems them to be clearly not qualifying and the legal result of that is deportation.

Along comes flanagan on his white horse and decides that he will set aside the entire process and unilaterally make his own judgement where i have no doubt he did not go and look for the case file, it's an abuse of process and completely undemocratic.

This will be hailed by the msm as a great decision, but all it does it sullies the law in the eyes of all decent people........

Go to court and don't like the decision........ah sure i'll do what i want anyway.......this is from the Minister for Justice.

CLOWN WORLD.........
It is our National duty to stop this abuse of Refime Power over our Courts Process

Conall Gulban

PI Member
One of the reasons Ireland is so corrupt is that the grass roots folks have no issue with ignoring the law when it suits them. They act indignant then when it happens at the higher levels.
They're also not a serious people, prone to placing emotion over logic and reason, something which visitors and writers have noticed about the Irish and commented on going back many centuries.

Top Bottom