Peter Casey: Of course I'm a racist. I'm a very proud Irishman.

Kershaw

Donator
PI Member
Peter Casey: Of course I'm a racist. I'm a very proud Irishman.

EU candidate for the Midlands North West in Ireland, Peter Casey, told a crowd in Dunboyne this afternoon that "of course" he was racist. The video was shared on twitter. Speaking about the migrants he believes will come to Ireland once Britain exits the EU, Casey said:

"We simply cannot afford to accommodate the people that will come here once Britain closes its borders. It's so important that we get this right. The face of Ireland is changing. People say to me 'oh, you're a racist'...of course I'm a racist. I'm a very proud Irishman. I've been around the world. The one thing we have in Ireland is the most amazing brand Ireland. We have got something unique. We have something really, really special and it's something we need to protect."

published on twitter: 21 May 2019

Well Folks, I think Casey has done it again and blurted out something accidentally that he didn't know you weren't allowed to say.
He'll be asked to clarify his remarks and the media frenzy will easily get him over the line if he isn't already.
Very little competition in the Midlands North West.
I just hope someone unseats that rat Ming.

blue velvet

Staff member
PI Member
I have no illusions about Peter Casey. I think he's an establishment guy all the way who throws out occasional dog whistles to make it sound as if he's not an establishment guy.... but he's fulfilling a very important role in shattering taboos and media sacred cows and that's why I would support him.

People are scared of the word racist, so it needs to have it's currency devalued and Casey has just taken a good crack at it.

Last edited:

jpc

PI Member
Well Peter
There weren't 10 million people here 200 years ago.

jpc

PI Member
Slip of the tongue.
Will not harm his base.
No but it's good to have the numbers right.
Irish political types have had severe issues with numeracy to our misfortune.
On many issues.

Catalpa

PI Member
I think its obvious he was being sarcastic

Basically he is making the point that in the eyes of some being a very proud Irishman

- means that you are seeing as being 'Racist'

OK he is an opportunist and contradicts himself too

- but then name a politician who doesn't?

If I were in his Constituency [not a stones throw from Blanch BTW] I would give him a vote

- just to drive the usual suspects up the wall.....:smilie-devil:

mikeo

PI Member
I have no illusions about Peter Casey. I think he's an establishment guy all the way who throws out occasional dog whistles to make it sound as if he's not an establishment guy.... but he's fulfilling a very important role in shattering taboos and media sacred cows and that's why I would support him.

People are scared of the word racist, so it needs to have it's currency devalued and Casey has just taken a good crack at it.

Spot on......bring the discussion on! People have been cowed and silenced long enough. Is Salvini a racist...simply because he wants to protect the culture and identity of his people? of course not!!!!

blue velvet

Staff member
PI Member
Spot on......bring the discussion on! People have been cowed and silenced long enough. Is Salvini a racist...simply because he wants to protect the culture and identity of his people? of course not!!!!
And more importantly, Salvini dosen't give a shit if someone does call him a racist, and that's where we need to be. It should have no power over people.

Look at the line-up of NPC's on the Prime Time debate. They would all be falling over themselves to condemn Casey and signal how anti-racist they are.

Imagine politicians who didn't care about that.