Paul Donnelly of SF offers to get a Mediator to help stop a War between Drug Gangs in Corduff Blanchardstown!

Catalpa

PI Member
Paul Donnelly of SF offers to get a Mediator to help stop a War between Drug Gangs in Corduff Blanchardstown!

I genuinely thought I read this wrong but apparently he's serious.

This is the terrifying moment a gun battle breaks out in a Dublin housing estate as a crime gang goes to war.
The horror incident happened in recent days and has seen a tit-for-tat series of shootings in the Corduff area.

….
There was then a double shooting overnight in Blanchardstown at two locations in retaliation for the shots.
Sources say the shootings were sparked after a gang of street dealers split into two factions....

Essentially there has been an internal row in a gang and they are now split. Both factions are now at war and are carrying out attacks on each other."

Ok so far so good ...but PD reckons the way to solve this is to get these boyos to kiss and make up and continue on their merry way...

He seems very worried that one of them might get killed!

A local Sinn Fein Councillor Paul Donnelly has called for the shootings to stop in a social media post.
He said: "Over the past week or so there has been an escalating level of violence that has left the Corduff community very frightened.
"There have been at least four shootings, some in broad daylight that thankfully has not resulted in any deaths or injuries, however, it’s only a matter of time!
"The other outcome is that when you fire a shot from a shotgun or handgun blindly, in broad daylight, your bullet will most likely miss your intended target (as has happened twice) and some totally innocent person could get caught up and shot by a stray bullet.
"There’s no point being sorry afterwards if a child, young person or adult is in hospital or worse, being carried into church."
Cllr Donnelly made a direct appeal for help to the gunmen.
He added: "I’m am making a direct appeal to those to stop and think, we know where this is going and what the consequences will be.
"Your families, mothers, fathers, brothers, sisters, children will be left visiting a grave in Mulhuddart cemetery for the rest of their lives if you don’t stop and try work this out through mediation.
"I will make a commitment to get a mediator to help stop this madness. Corduff has come a long way and has built up a wonderful reputation as a great place to live, please stop and think and lets keep it that way."This is the terrifying moment gun battle breaks out in Dublin housing estate as crime gang goes to war

Surely your job Paul as a local rep is to utterly condemn these acts and call upon the Corduff Community [which in fairness are overwhelmingly decent people] to fully support An Garda Siochana in their endeavours?

Tadhg Gaelach

Donator
PI Member
Democracy really doesn't work.

Sitt Fein

Donator
PI Member

This is the terrifying moment a gun battle breaks out in a Dublin housing estate as a crime gang goes to war.
The horror incident happened in recent days and has seen a tit-for-tat series of shootings in the Corduff area.

….
There was then a double shooting overnight in Blanchardstown at two locations in retaliation for the shots.
Sources say the shootings were sparked after a gang of street dealers split into two factions....

Essentially there has been an internal row in a gang and they are now split. Both factions are now at war and are carrying out attacks on each other."

Ok so far so good ...but PD reckons the way to solve this is to get these boyos to kiss and make up and continue on their merry way...

A local Sinn Fein Councillor Paul Donnelly has called for the shootings to stop in a social media post.
He said: "Over the past week or so there has been an escalating level of violence that has left the Corduff community very frightened.
"There have been at least four shootings, some in broad daylight that thankfully has not resulted in any deaths or injuries, however, it’s only a matter of time!
"The other outcome is that when you fire a shot from a shotgun or handgun blindly, in broad daylight, your bullet will most likely miss your intended target (as has happened twice) and some totally innocent person could get caught up and shot by a stray bullet.
"There’s no point being sorry afterwards if a child, young person or adult is in hospital or worse, being carried into church."
He added: "I’m am making a direct appeal to those to stop and think, we know where this is going and what the consequences will be.
"Your families, mothers, fathers, brothers, sisters, children will be left visiting a grave in Mulhuddart cemetery for the rest of their lives if you don’t stop and try work this out through mediation.
"I will make a commitment to get a mediator to help stop this madness. Corduff has come a long way and has built up a wonderful reputation as a great place to live, please stop and think and lets keep it that way."

Surely your job Paul as a local rep is to utterly condemn these acts and call upon the Corduff Community [which in fairness are overwhelmingly decent people] to fully support An Garda Siochana in their endeavours?
The cops ? They have other more important things to do.

Rasherhash

PI Member

….

"I will make a commitment to get a mediator to help stop this madness. Corduff has come a long way and has built up a wonderful reputation as a great place to live, please stop and think and lets keep it that way."This is the terrifying moment gun battle breaks out in Dublin housing estate as crime gang goes to war

And that has worked so well in the past?

I think it's worth a try, it may at least help to damp down their ardour.

Napper Tandy

PI Member
And that has worked so well in the past?

I think it's worth a try, it may at least help to damp down their ardour.
Was it tried in the past
Anything is better than nothing or the status que

Saul Goodman

PI Member
paul donnelly sf has had a few goes at election now and just not made it

FightingForTheBull

PI Member
Mediator work is a huge money spinner for NGO's. A lot of money laundering happens that way. Don't be surprised if someone P knows or one of his mates lands a contract as a community liason officer. Then when a case like this comes up they can charge a 100 quid an hr of local council money to actually do mediating work on top of the contract.

Rasherhash

PI Member
paul donnelly sf has had a few goes at election now and just not made it
That's democracy, he can have as many goes as he likes, but I'd be for Sinn Féin trying new people rather than following the FFG dynasty model.

TheWexfordInn

Donator
PI Member
Is this Sinn Fein tool planning to get these to gangs to co-operate together so that they can operate their drug businesses more efficiently without getting in each others way?

This was done before in Atlantic City New Jersey in 1929 where gangsters from around the US like Al Capone, Lucky Luciano etc met and decided to stop killing each other so that they can concentrate on their criminal enterprises and from that point on decided they would kill their joint enemies only.

Catalpa

PI Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Is this Sinn Fein tool planning to get these to gangs to co-operate together so that they can operate their drug businesses more efficiently without getting in each others way?

This was done before in Atlantic City New Jersey in 1929 where gangsters from around the US like Al Capone, Lucky Luciano etc met and decided to stop killing each other so that they can concentrate on their criminal enterprises and from that point on decided they would kill their joint enemies only.

A politician acts as a mediator between legally constituted groups

- not violent Drug Gangs!

PD seems to be suggesting that other than the fact they are shooting each other

- everything will be Hunky Dory!:rolleyes:

This will cost him votes

- and lets face it he needs every vote he can get his hands on...

Top Bottom