• Before posting anything about the COVID-19 virus, please read this first Click Here

Patriot Nationalist Newspaper?

FairstoodtheWind

PI Member
How good an idea is this? With the coming censorship laws and the already draconian de-platforming of patriotic voices on social media, is it feasible to launch a physical newspaper to cover the patriotic view? I know that RSF still have thier monthly Saorise of about 8 pages. APRN is gone from physical editions. But a paper with a radically alternative voice might have appeal.

Perhaps not a nation-wide one, but one that could have common national articles, and then local news added in by patriots in their area. Could be distributed in the same way leaflets are, more substance and reading. Perhaps friendly shops could agree to take a few copies. Or get a paypal subscription and have it posted to your house.

Irish Warrior

Donator
Premium
PI Member
How good an idea is this? With the coming censorship laws and the already draconian de-platforming of patriotic voices on social media, is it feasible to launch a physical newspaper to cover the patriotic view? I know that RSF still have thier monthly Saorise of about 8 pages. APRN is gone from physical editions. But a paper with a radically alternative voice might have appeal.

Perhaps not a nation-wide one, but one that could have common national articles, and then local news added in by patriots in their area. Could be distributed in the same way leaflets are, more substance and reading. Perhaps friendly shops could agree to take a few copies. Or get a paypal subscription and have it posted to your house.
Good idea but getting businesses to stock it would leave them open to smear campaigns and damage to their businesses. The same reason hotels cancel meetings etc. Social media purging Nationalists.
How is it going to be funded and it would need to be nationwide.

Macushla

Staff member
PI Member
The only people who read the newspaper already have their newspaper of choice. Most people don't bother with the papers anymore. Most news is probably consumed on social media.

There are also huge logistical issues with printing a newspaper. Printing costs would be exorbitant. Shops wouldn't stock it. So door-to-door newspaper sales or sales on the street would be the only way to get it into people's hands - well that and subscriptions.

We'd be best building a proper and more professional TheLiberal.ie. Look at the huge reach that has. Yet it's not utilised properly by Leo Sherlock.

Oliver Plunkett

Gone Fishing
Donator
PI Member
Anyone remember the Sovereign Independent Newspaper from about 11/12 years back? I must have shoved about 5000 of those suckers through letter boxes. Any of the Sovereign Indo guys on this forum?

Macushla

Staff member
PI Member
Anyone remember the Sovereign Independent Newspaper from about 11/12 years back? I must have shoved about 5000 of those suckers through letter boxes. Any of the Sovereign Indo guys on this forum?
Don't recall it. Was it to do with the IRB or the Freemen of the Land or something?

El Chaval.

PI Member
I used to distribute the Sovereign Nation to the kiosks in O Connell Street.
That one?

Top Bottom