Pat Condell Video Blogs

Tadhg Gaelach

Staff member
Donator
PI Member
Pandora'a Box has been opened (technology, automation ) there's no going back. The genie will not go back in the bottle. Tradtion is broken. Women don't need men as they did in the past.

But you are accepting that human beings have given up their will and are now the helpless victims of technology and capitalism. I don't believe that needs to be the case.

The Potato Mystic

PI Member
Pandora's Box has been opened (technology, automation ) there's no going back. The genie will not go back in the bottle. Tradition is broken. Women don't need men as they did in the past.
I don't like the term tradition, these are perennial truths, unchanging with time. Either humans align with these truths or they do not. If they do not, they plunge into chaos and the abyss is their fate -- until such time there's a civilization "corrective" at least.

Tadhg Gaelach

Staff member
Donator
PI Member
Pandora's Box has been opened (technology, automation ) there's no going back. The genie will not go back in the bottle. Tradition is broken. Women don't need men as they did in the past.
I don't like the term tradition, these are perennial truths, unchanging with time. Either humans align with these truths or they do not. If they do not, they plunge into chaos and the abyss is their fate -- until such time there's a civilization "corrective" at least.

It makes sense a chara - we humans evolved in a certain way over a period of two million years and more. And now, suddenly, because we have learned how to make some mechanical gadgets, we are supposed to have completely transcended that two million years of evolution? Of course that is utter tripe. Briseann an dúchas trí shúile an chat, as the seanfhocal goes. Our human nature will transcend these gadgets, not the other way around - though a world of Facebooks and Googles might dream otherwise.

Finished Symphony

PI Member
Chaos and the abyss, a total breakdown --that will stop what's happening at the moment, sure. It will take something huge to stop it. And humanity is doomed to repeat itself over and over? It can just happen again. Maybe.

Finished Symphony

PI Member
But you are accepting that human beings have given up their will and are now the helpless victims of technology and capitalism. I don't believe that needs to be the case.
Plenty of folks are indeed victims of technology and capitalism. I don't know about them giving up their will as such. Most of them just follow what their culture/leaders/rich people tell them to do. Major disruption is in play. This old feel-good 'there will always be jobs' spiel doesn't cut it anymore.

The Potato Mystic

PI Member
Well, mass technology has deluded men into thinking they are gods and therefore they can shape cosmic laws. A terrible hubris. Heidegger wrote alot about the dehumanising character of mass technology where technology becomes an end in itself.

Myles O'Reilly

Top Bloke
Donator
PI Member
I donno about that first video 'Europe's betrayal of women'. To hell with all the white knighting, please save all the womenz talk. Hasn't Pat heard of feminism? What about all the third-wave feminists who welcome all these changes? Do some of them want equality and extra safety and protection because they're women? They can look after themselves now.
Quite right. Europe didn't betray women. Women betrayed themselves and now they reap what they sowed.

Example from OP: "Female “No Borders” activist gang raped by Africans"

2pacs

Donator
PI Member

The quickest way to create a captive society is to educate children to hate their own freedom. Nobody’s feelings were consulted during the making of this video. Anyone who has a problem with that can drop dead.

Napper Tandy

PI Member
12,385 students in yale
50 sign a petition

0.005% (rounded up) of the student population

i wouldnt get over excited about that

Top Bottom