Welcome to Political Irish

We believe in free legal speech, fair play and good discussion. Sign up and join in!

Register Log in

Paschal Donohoe the worst Finance Minister in State's History ?

gerhard dengler

PI Member
Premium
We need need revised definitions here ..in these post crash times ..

Based on my experience ...here are mine

Irish 'middle class'.. Irish citizens ' married, permanently cash strapped, responsible for own home, children, health care, education, childcare, earns not more than €60000, in total, before substantial taxes and changes. Has one child but wants more... Unlikely to have more due to the cost and the danger of falling behind on the mortgage - the new Irish terror.. Irish states only role in their lives is taxation..responsible law abiding.. A shrinking demographic

Irish 'working class', Irish citizens, pretends to be a lone parent but has two or three children, might have another.. who knows.. with a live in boyfriend who pretends to live with his parents, for tax reasons, works less than 12 hours a week in an Applegreen or on a CE scheme..(loose me benefits if I worked more) State provides home, health care, all education costs, furniture, white goods and money for emergencies.. States role in their life is that of a generous relative.. like.. A kindly uncle.. A growing demographic

Everyone else... People who arrive in Ireland without resources and should not be here. Unqualified, unskilled, frequently primary illiterates and more or less unemployable in a post industrial first world country, Africans, Muslims, spurious asylum seekers, unemployable economic migrants from Asia and South America. Completely and increasingly aggressively dependant on the Irish state for everything in their lives. The states role in their life is like a father.. An exploding demographic..
Great post.
And I agree entirely with those definitions that you make, BSA because the people you define in your definition are the very people I'm referring to.

Reactions: BSA

TommyTayto

PI Member
We need need revised definitions here ..in these post crash times ..

Based on my experience ...here are mine
Since you mentioned "post crash times" if you were to ask BSA and his likes who caused the economic crash 10 years ago doubtless they'd rant it was the fecklessness of carpenters, brickies, single parents and not his heros the Sean Fitzpatrick's, Johnny Rohan's etc aided and abetted by Ahern and co. Blame the mouse in the corner while the elephants thrash the room time folks !!

Irish 'middle class'.. Irish citizens ' married, permanently cash strapped, responsible for own home, children, health care, education, childcare, earns not more than €60000, in total, before substantial taxes and changes. Has one child but wants more... Unlikely to have more due to the cost and the danger of falling behind on the mortgage - the new Irish terror.. Irish states only role in their lives is taxation..responsible law abiding.. A shrinking demographic
Like everyone else the middle get education, hospitals, roads, sports facilities, a police service (if a very poor and corrupt one thanks to FG/FF), a legal system (ditto like the Guards), defense forces, airports, ports, museums etc. Pretending they get nothing is just bollox. But if the turkeys persist in voting for Xmas (FG/FF) regardless of the endless waste, corruption and cronyism then they don't get any sympathy from me.

Irish 'working class', Irish citizens, pretends to be a lone parent but has two or three children, might have another.. who knows.. with a live in boyfriend who pretends to live with his parents, for tax reasons, works less than 12 hours a week in an Applegreen or on a CE scheme..(loose me benefits if I worked more) State provides home, health care, all education costs, furniture, white goods and money for emergencies.. States role in their life is that of a generous relative.. like.. A kindly uncle.. A growing demographic
As stated, working class people through indirect taxation such as VAT and levy's pay as much tax as those on multiples of their earnings therefore more than pay their way for the infrastructure and services of the state such as education, health, roads etc The fact that some aren't getting enough working hours despite their many requests because of temporary contracts, part time contracts, agencies etc facilitated of course by FG/FF for decades isn't their fault in the least. In fact their victims of it. Indeed it's the multinationals who are benefitting from the state support as the state has to make up the shortfall in their wages for them to survive and be available for work when the company sees fit.

"State provides home" people in council houses pay rent ya amadan. And those in private housing as single parents, carers etc on Housing Assistance Payment - it's the vulture funds and landlords (1 in 5 TD's) who are the ones creaming the system getting their mortgages paid off by the state Einstein and not the unfortunate tenant who can be evicted any time. Nor do low income people get "all education costs" which is estimated to cost €1,629 for a year in secondary school, nor "furniture white goods" which are often prudentially often purchased in charity shops. Nor "money for emergencies" like your heros who have cost us €64 Billion and enjoyed debt write downs of €300 million like Denis O'Brien.
Revealed: The true cost of sending your child through the Irish education system - Independent.ie

Everyone else... People who arrive in Ireland without resources and should not be here. Unqualified, unskilled, frequently primary illiterates and more or less unemployable in a post industrial first world country, Africans, Muslims, spurious asylum seekers, unemployable economic migrants from Asia and South America. Completely and increasingly aggressively dependant on the Irish state for everything in their lives. The states role in their life is like a father.. An exploding demographic..
I have my criticisms of open door migration but which is welcomed by the gombeen class of course as a cheap source of alternate labour to undermine the native ones. Why do you think IBEC and the Central bank are so for it Einstein ?? Like I said, blame the tiny mouse in the corner as the FG/FF elephants thrash the room. And if you want to get rid of parasitical foreigners then start with that smarmy Indian Varadkar first buddy.

Not enough migrants arriving to keep pay down - Central Bank - Independent.ie

IBEC: 60,000-80,000 construction workers needed to meet housing demands

GodsDog

Staff member
Premium
PI Member
Well, Noonan the bilderberger was pretty awful too.

We are spoiled for choice when it comes to picking terrible incompetent and corrupt ministers who take a shit on their briefs!! :ROFLMAO:

TommyTayto

PI Member
Well, Noonan the bilderberger was pretty awful too.

We are spoiled for choice when it comes to picking terrible incompetent and corrupt ministers who take a shit on their briefs!! :ROFLMAO:
Corruption and incompetence are the necessary qualifications for ministerial positions in this state. So Pascal the Rascal is a FG 'succcess' story. No, it's all the shop assistants, carers, carpenters fault as undoubtedly BSA will retort. Clearly the frustrated turkeys have fallen for the Indian's line in the FG leadership race about those "who pay for everything but qualify for nothing". And this coming from a useless fu*ker who has hardly done a hard days graft in his life and wastes €100,000 a month on his image :rolleyes:

Leo Varadkar's spin machine cost taxpayers massive amount since he took office

GodsDog

Staff member
Premium
PI Member
Corruption and incompetence are the necessary qualifications for ministerial positions in this state. So Pascal the Rascal is a FG 'succcess' story. No, it's all the shop assistants, carers, carpenters fault as undoubtedly BSA will retort. Clearly the frustrated turkeys have fallen for the Indian's line in the FG leadership race about those "who pay for everything but qualify for nothing". And this coming from a useless fu*ker who has hardly done a hard days graft in his life and wastes €100,000 a month on his image :rolleyes:

Leo Varadkar's spin machine cost taxpayers massive amount since he took office
It's standard divide and conquer. There IS a problem with uncontrolled immigration
But the root of the problem is not the immigrants themselves. It's the vested interests
engineering this for their own personal gain. Getting us to fight among ourselves while they
and their corporate pals quietly make out like bandits on the situation is just a bonus.

Wolf

PI Member
I see paschal has now said he is not going to put the €500m in the rainy day fund, it's going to be pissed up a wall now to support Leo's reelection bid, exactly the same as ff.
Paddy is easily bought.
FFG's total mismanagement of the countries finances is going to bite hard...but Paddy will still elect the FFG party.
It's a type of Stockholm Syndrome.

TommyTayto

PI Member
I see paschal has now said he is not going to put the €500m in the rainy day fund, it's going to be pissed up a wall now to support Leo's reelection bid, exactly the same as ff.
Pascal the rascal showing the exact same economic prudence as Charlie McCreavy did. FG/FF two cheeks of the same arse. But the middle class and gombeens will vote for them regardless of their blantant recklessness.

Belgrade

Donator
PI Member
Interesting blog post by Economist Cormac Lucey in which he excoriates Paschal Donohoe for 'incontinent' levels of public spending.

He compares him to Gene Fitzgerald, who is traditionally seen as the worst Finance Minister in Irish history.

The Sunday Times had a recent editorial in which they condemned Donohoe's almost Fianna Fail-like levels of public spending. Projected spending for 2018 was forecast at €63 billion and it eventually came in at €76 billion. A 27% overrun.

They also described his taxation policies to be 'to the left of Jeremy Corbyn'.

Donohoe seems to have completely caved to the public sector and he has also failed to bring down our national debt.

FG were severely critical of FF's pro-cyclical budgetary policies, which helped cause a collapse of state finances, but it seems they are almost as bad, if not actually worse.

Why Paschal Donohoe deserves the dunce’s cap as Ireland's worst finance minister
Worst minister? Its a very crowded title, so many to chose from.

Reactions: BSA
Pascal the rascal showing the exact same economic prudence as Charlie McCreavy did. FG/FF two cheeks of the same arse. But the middle class and gombeens will vote for them regardless of their blantant recklessness.
More fool them...........

"Payment of the annual Christmas Bonus will be made to about 1.3 million people. (About 900,000 recipients and an estimated 400,000 dependents).

In 2017 the Christmas bonus was 85% of the normal weekly rate but in 2018 it was put back up to 100%. The cost of a paying this 100% Bonus is estimated at €265 million ."

You can be guaranteed that it is now around €300m, so there is money pissed away for the future downturn to buy votes for fg. Workers won't see a cent of it........fools.

Wolf

PI Member
More fool them...........

"Payment of the annual Christmas Bonus will be made to about 1.3 million people. (About 900,000 recipients and an estimated 400,000 dependents).

In 2017 the Christmas bonus was 85% of the normal weekly rate but in 2018 it was put back up to 100%. The cost of a paying this 100% Bonus is estimated at €265 million ."

You can be guaranteed that it is now around €300m, so there is money pissed away for the future downturn to buy votes for fg. Workers won't see a cent of it........fools.
Only in Ireland...ya get a 'bonus' for spending another year on the dole..

Top Bottom