Parler. A way to get even with censors.

TheWexfordInn

Donator
PI Member
Don't believe it for one second..
This is planned years in advance - It's like saying We created a vaccine in 6 months and all is ok.
We've heard this all before - Gates, Zuckerberg.. etc, and now this character,... are all just rentboys who have bent over for a good rogering by the puppeteers.
I guess you dont work in Software as I think you are overestimating the amount of effort required to put together a web site like Parler or the cost of hosting it meaning that you seem to believe that there is a large amount of organisation or money required to get it up and running.

Of course you may be correct and there could be shady characters behind the scenes pulling the strings but this sounds way too over complicated a plot to me.

The more obvious explanation is that is that this guy is one of the standard geeky types that populate the software development ecosystem whose idea of fun is staying up all night day after day working on whatever project that is interesting to them at that moment in time This is very very common among software developers, I have been regularly coming across people like this and projects like this for years and with this kind of focus you can get something like Parer developed remarkably quickly.
Of course for 99.99 per cent of these projects never end up with a viable commercial project but thats not surprising as the developers aren't driven by that, they are doing this for fun - the entire open source model replies on this.

Of course if it is successful that there will come a point in time when Parler will float and at that point people willing to pay lots of money will end up calling the shots and then who knows.,

But for now if you are going to come up with a complicated story about dark forces behind Parler you need to come up with some evidence as to me it seems my simple explanation is so obvious and believable and so generally unremarkable that it is most likey the correct explanation..

NiceNin

Donator
PI Member
I guess you dont work in Software as I think you are overestimating the amount of effort required to put together a web site like Parler or the cost of hosting it meaning that you seem to believe that there is a large amount of organisation or money required to get it up and running.

Of course you may be correct and there could be shady characters behind the scenes pulling the strings but this sounds way too over complicated a plot to me.

The more obvious explanation is that is that this guy is one of the standard geeky types that populate the software development ecosystem whose idea of fun is staying up all night day after day working on whatever project that is interesting to them at that moment in time This is very very common among software developers, I have been regularly coming across people like this and projects like this for years and with this kind of focus you can get something like Parer developed remarkably quickly.
Of course for 99.99 per cent of these projects never end up with a viable commercial project but thats not surprising as the developers aren't driven by that, they are doing this for fun - the entire open source model replies on this.

Of course if it is successful that there will come a point in time when Parler will float and at that point people willing to pay lots of money will end up calling the shots and then who knows.,

But for now if you are going to come up with a complicated story about dark forces behind Parler you need to come up with some evidence as to me it seems my simple explanation is so obvious and believable and so generally unremarkable that it is most likey the correct explanation..
The one concern I'd have is that you can't see "Parleys" if you're not a member and not logged in. Frequently I would check someone's else tweets without logging in myself as that is possible, say if you google "gemmaod1 twitter" you can see postings even if not an account holder. Similar to on here, you can see most threads without logging in.

You can't do that with Parler so the public proliferation of conservative content visible in search results could fall.

I've opened a Parler account but won't be ditching my Twitter.

TheWexfordInn

Donator
PI Member
The one concern I'd have is that you can't see "Parleys" if you're not a member and not logged in. Frequently I would check someone's else tweets without logging in myself as that is possible, say if you google "gemmaod1 twitter" you can see postings even if not an account holder. Similar to on here, you can see most threads without logging in.

You can't do that with Parler so the public proliferation of conservative content visible in search results could fall.

I've opened a Parler account but won't be ditching my Twitter.
Ive opened an account as well but am displaying my actual name so far so wont be posting anything controversial.
My one post so far has got me 6 followers and 18 upvotes !!

Polyco

PI Member

Exactly so. There was a time when creating a website was a huge task shrouded in swirling mists of jargon and complexity which is just how many website builders liked it, they would relive one's wallet of huge amounts over enormous time scales and eventually squeeze out a sickly looking mouse. Having been caught twice I figured out how to do it myself and got to the point where if the content was ready to go I could get a three page site up and running within an hour using an HTML editor. Now we have Godaddy etc (best avoided in my experience) which means anyone can do it and the same will eventually happen in the world of social media sites like Twitter and Parler, just as anyone can buy standard forum software, tweak the settings and call it Politicalirish or whatever.

TheWexfordInn

Donator
PI Member
Exactly so. There was a time when creating a website was a huge task shrouded in swirling mists of jargon and complexity which is just how many website builders liked it, they would relive one's wallet of huge amounts over enormous time scales and eventually squeeze out a sickly looking mouse. Having been caught twice I figured out how to do it myself and got to the point where if the content was ready to go I could get a three page site up and running within an hour using an HTML editor. Now we have Godaddy etc (best avoided in my experience) which means anyone can do it and the same will eventually happen in the world of social media sites like Twitter and Parler, just as anyone can buy standard forum software, tweak the settings and call it Politicalirish or whatever.
Ssh, don't let the cat out of the bag !!

NiceNin

Donator
PI Member
Katie Hopkins then Justin Barrett before the RTE hit piece on Thursday now Graham "Glinner" Linehan is the latest to face the Twitter axe.

There'll be no one left soon save for Alan Kennedy, Piaras MacEnri and pink haired cat ladies.

blue velvet

Donator
Katie Hopkins then Justin Barrett before the RTE hit piece on Thursday now Graham "Glinner" Linehan is the latest to face the Twitter axe.

There'll be no one left soon save for Alan Kennedy, Piaras MacEnri and pink haired cat ladies.

Can't say I'm sorry about Linehan. He was a voracious peddler of woke shyte, repeal etc. You live by the sword etc. Same as Rowling.

TheWexfordInn

Donator
PI Member

He appears to have joined Parler 4 days ago. Or at least someone created a @Glinner account. Does anyone know if that P symbol on peoples profile picture is saying that the account identity is verified? I am presuming it does.

TheWexfordInn

Donator
PI Member
The Donald is considering joining Parler. Go on the Donald, do it !!

Trump Expects To Be Banned By Twitter
In response to a question on whether he expects to soon be banned by Twitter — where he has over 82 million followers — Trump said: “Yes, I do.”

The president believes the ban from the popular platform will happen in the fall before the 2020 election, an opinion shared by others in the White House. For Trump and those close to him, Twitter’s reaction to two recent tweets — including one where he warned rioters against breaking the law — are being taken as warning shots.

“Some people say I should join Parler,” Trump said. “Maybe. We do have over 194 million followers, though, across multiple sites.”

FairstoodtheWind

PI Member
the problem with Parler vs twitter is the lack of figures that you can troll upon. Half the craic of twitter was the ability to tell some high profile figure to go fuck themselves. Echo Chambers are boring.

blue velvet

Donator
He should do it and fuck Twitter royally. But its probably just trolling them.

Top Bottom