Pantibliss, drag queens and blackface.

El Chaval.

PI Member
If I black up my face and accentuate my lips, I'd immediately b accused of depicting black people as grotesque caricatures and stereotypes.
However, if I dress up as a ridiculous caricature of a woman, with over-egged mannerisms and sexist stereotypes, I'd get moolah from the State, and be fawned in the media.
Are drag queens basically the "Blackface" of female ridicule.
Apart from the fact that drag queens in the real world are seen as a 1980's throwback and as radical, and novel as ventriloquists, mime artists, or the "Hole in the Wall Gang".
What do women here think of people like Pantibliss. Do they find him as nauseating and patronising as I do?
I remember watching a drag show in some miserable bar in the Canary Islands 20 years ago, and it was mildly amusing. Why is Ireland always 20 years behind playing catch up......on everything?

Napper Tandy

PI Member
if I dress up as a ridiculous caricature of a woman, with over-egged mannerisms and sexist stereotypes, I'd get moolah from the State, and be fawned in the media.
better than been famous in your own house as a key board warrior

El Chaval.

PI Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hint: They thrive on the publicity of people talking about them.
I assume that there's an element of narcissism. I just don't get how it's socially acceptable to have crude depiction of women, but not crude depictions of races.
I've never had a reasonable explanation before. That's why I'm throwing it out.

An Fiach Ban

PI Member
Or dress up as a demon tranny and read to preschoolers.
There was a time, not too long along when this thing in just about any western country would have been made into a lamppost decoration, instead it gets taxpayers money to corrupt the next generation, while progressive parents pat themselves on the back. Satanism gone mainstream.
The West died at Stalingard.

SwordOfStCatherine

PI Member
If I black up my face and accentuate my lips, I'd immediately b accused of depicting black people as grotesque caricatures and stereotypes.
However, if I dress up as a ridiculous caricature of a woman, with over-egged mannerisms and sexist stereotypes, I'd get moolah from the State, and be fawned in the media.
Are drag queens basically the "Blackface" of female ridicule.
Apart from the fact that drag queens in the real world are seen as a 1980's throwback and as radical, and novel as ventriloquists, mime artists, or the "Hole in the Wall Gang".
What do women here think of people like Pantibliss. Do they find him as nauseating and patronising as I do?
I remember watching a drag show in some miserable bar in the Canary Islands 20 years ago, and it was mildly amusing. Why is Ireland always 20 years behind playing catch up......on everything?
I totally I agree and also it really does seem that drag "artists" are only interested in portraying the most base and vile manifestations of the female character which brings out the inherent misogyny in play even more.

The Potato Mystic

PI Member
"Pantibliss" is the logo of this ridiculous and insane regime.

He's like what the swastika was to wartime Germany.

He gets a good taxpayers wedge as well.

Wasn't the guy going around schools n' stuff?

I don't think not acknowledging the guy's role is the way to go.

Top Bottom